Can it play Crysis? 
Stranger

Post Can it play Crysis?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/alienware ... 32535.html

Yes it can!

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 pm
Felix Rex

Hehe, yea, I texted Shiny about that thing when I first read about it. Looks pretty freakin' cool... practically a netbook (not really, though, since it's running core2) that can actually do some decent gaming. If I were in the market for a new laptop, that would be the one.

The under $1000 pricepoint is new to me... and surprising. I figured they would charge a lot more, though I'm sure if you kick it up a notch the price goes way up.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Alienware ... 32667.html

UPDATE: $799!

Caution, will melt plastic :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 am
Felix Rex

My current laptop will last me another year... after that, this machine may be my next one. 11" is big enough (at least according to most women) and it can game! I'm looking forward to them actually revealing all the tech specs.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Post Re: Can it play Crysis?
http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc ... =3737&p=11
Quote:
...and we expect some of the upcoming models will surpass the UL50Vf in several areas. Arrandale models will offer improved performance, and we should see 13.3" laptops with the same components as the UL50Vf. We should also see 15.6" laptops with a faster GPU, and Alienware's M11x has a GT335M in an 11.6" chassis—though it appears the M11x uses the older gen2 switchable graphics.

Satis, you might want to hold off with the purchase of the laptop untill it has the latest Optimus Gen3 GPU switching tech. Based on that article it is good stuff but very few laptops have it for now.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:41 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Can it play Crysis?
Yea, actually I read a review of it on Engadget that said the same thing. No worries.. it'll be a year before I'm really thinking about it... by then the next gen should be out. Apparently the keyboard and screen were great, and though the gaming performance isn't mind-blowing, it's good enough. Hopefully it sells well enough that a refresh will be better.

Review link:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/23/alie ... 1x-review/

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]