It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Pc-building 
Minor Diety

Also - CPU/MOBO's will have a socket ID, if ur CPU/MOBO are both the same socket, then you are fine, and most new mobo's have easy fit, so that your processor litteraly falls into place as long as the pins are inline (p.s. do not attempt from great heights)

I pretty much finished building my other computer over there now, just saving for the final set of components - instalation tools for a liquid cooling system, but i might save for the set, so that I can re-use it, rather than just getting the little bits and peices, which is about £150 :S so i dunno yet, but either way, the specs of my pc should then be

AMD 2400+
Innovatek XX-Flow Blue
ABIT MOBO, /2 USB2/On Board nVidia2 (GF4) (can be disabled in place of my VooDoo 3)
64 MB ram (:()
40x CD drive
4000P 5.1 suround sounds speakers (Trust)
that damn sound card that I always forget the name of (trust)
17' monitor FTS/CRT

But yeah, ox, its piss easy to build a computer. everything fits where it should etc, every so often you might plug something on the wrong way around, cuz most of it fits, but if you have decent instructions. *kicks innovatek*

But follows satis's safetey rules and you will be fine

ooh, reccomend not leaving in your connections whilst messing inside, and switch the power switch on the back of the comp from 1 to O

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, never screw with the insides when the computer power cord is plugged in. With ATX motherboards (which is basically all of them) power is always in the mobo...so don't fry yourself or some expensive components. Always unplug it.

Which screwed me up, because AT you want to LEAVE plugged in, since it acts as a ground. But noone uses AT anymore. Good thing, too.

Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The only thing i know is that i always pull every plug running from my pc to a power supply, even if it's tru the printer or modem. No lame-ass death for me, no sirree. :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:59 am
Stranger

I know some ppl who held back money on the mmm..what the hell is it english...hmmm.. the power thingy hmmh. Well its the part where you basically put the power cord, it consist of more parts but it gets too complicated to explain. Well anyway, they fried that. It has to be good and silent and equal to 400W or more. Its not very expensive but just annoying if it goes.

And yes the FX card generates alot of noise. And for y'all to know my 64mb Geforce3 card can handle most games pretty well :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:51 am
Felix Rex

I think you're talking about the power supply. I've had to replace one on a machine I built for someone else. Not a big deal... about $60 and 10 minutes of work.

I'm happy with my vid card.

Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

last month two of my friends fried it. it wasnt their fault, some disturbance in the power lines and sh*t and off they went to buy a new one. as i said not very importan but bloody annoying

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:21 am
Felix Rex

yea, not a big deal, but it is annoying to have your machine die. I always freak out when my machines act stupid or die on me. :/ Most power supplies are crap nowadays too... poor manufacturing or something. Tom's hardware actually had a review of power supplies and found that most were unable to handle the wattage they were actually rated at. It would seriously suck to buy a 400 watt power supply and have it burn up at 300. :(

Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea i heard about that review. One of them (if im not mistaken) caught fire when got the max amount it should have handeled.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:50 am
Felix Rex

yea, freakin' hilarious. Antec power supplies ended up scoring really good, so guess what I bought when that powersupply croaked. :) Actually I've been pretty lucky with my own machines... no fried power supplies at all (yet).

Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Same here. Not much happens if it goes but when the darn thing catches fire then the damage is alot bigger. I wonder if the warranty will cover the entire computer in this case or does it cover anything at all?

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:24 am
Felix Rex

I'm sure if you could prove the thing burned up and destroyed your computer (without you abusing it) they'd be more than happy to reimburse you. At least they would after you threatened legal action. It'd be alot cheaper for them to just shell out the cash then take the risk of being sued for all your hardware, plus software, plus lost productivity, plus time, plus legal fees and mental duress. :twisted:

Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm sure if you could prove the thing burned up and destroyed your computer (without you abusing it) they'd be more than happy to reimburse you.

Lol....when i read that i was like "wtf? happy?"

Then came

Satis wrote:
At least they would after you threatened legal action. It'd be alot cheaper for them to just shell out the cash then take the risk of being sued for all your hardware, plus software, plus lost productivity, plus time, plus legal fees and mental duress. :twisted:

:roll:

- Coach

Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:28 am
Minor Diety

We'll I was fairly confident with my machine, cuz pretty much you can't break it, if it don't go where you've put it, your system will short out.

never fried anything

yet also

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe...well, the computer business where i was going to get the parts, www.compumania.be , apparently they assemble for a mere 18€/$ , so i'll have them do the putting together of the mobo/processor/cooling etc. and fill it up with HD's and stuff at home. :)

Only thing i'm relatively worried about, my monitor and keyboard are explicitely "compaq", i'm pretty sure that won't cause any problems, but you never know eh. Any ideas on that?

other than that...long live independent cumpoter stores!

- Coach

Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:19 am
Felix Rex

monitor and keyboard are about as generic as you can get. No, it won't cause any problems.

pussy

Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next