It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
poxy frigging computer (mouse problem) 
Minor Diety

so you just recon i should re-install windows then? cuz i tried forcing installs all over the place. don't know whats up with it.

shall I re-install or delete then install....

wait a minute... can you even re-install with out uninstalling it?

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, you can reinstall over top of Windows. Fixes some stuff. I usually only do that if there's stuff I need inside Windows or something...or if I'm lazy. It has a bad tendency of screwing stuff up. Best way is to delete windows (c:\windows and c:\program files) and then just reinstalling. Or, if you want a clean slate, just format and reinstall. I usually recommend the latter for people that don't really know what they're doing, but I always do the latter. No point in losing all your data.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

well, to be honest, all I have on there is games and game saves, none of which I really want. I mean, theres my Baldurs Gate one, but I cacked that up big time, and so I wanna start again anyway, but i'll wait till i get sound. then thats it really, all the rest are games that I could play through again in 5 mins, or that I could do the levels again no probs, or wouldn't mind doing again, or won't bother doing again for a long time anyway.

So yeah. I got rid of the lot, put it back on, and now everything works fine, except I still have some conflicting hardware, but that was all there first time around anyways.

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

heh. Conflicting hardware is usually a bad thing (tm). Bah, whatever, it's your computer. Do what you will. What's conflicting, just out of curiosity.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hmmm, can't check right now, as caz be playing icewind on it, but from what me can remember, you got a com port, network card/modem thingy... that i don't quite understand but hey, and I think something else, plus recently i'm getting a new error on start up about the networking card, but i've not read it properly yet, Cuz i just installed a new dolby 5.1 system (sound card & speakers = £75... um, around $100ish USA, i think... ) so i'm busy listening to that :D

also there was a problem when installing, in that the sound didn't work at all, so i swaped the cable between the card and the sisterboard, so that the red line was on the other side, but that caused the whole computer to short out... meh... swapped it back around and it work... dunno why... dumb thing. I think i'm addicted to ...'s :P

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2