It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Defragment issue! 
Stranger

Post Defragment issue!
Satis.

Defragment shows alot of red lines when i analyze the HDD but when i start to defragment it crashes?! Does this mean i have to format C: or something. This not my machine. Any suggestions?

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 06, 2003 8:16 am
Felix Rex

heh. Your computer's screwed. But no, don't format it yet. First thing I would do is run scandisk. If it still crashes after you fix whatever harddrive problems it finds (I'm sure it'll find plenty) then you could try booting up in safemode and running defrag, or making defrag the run automatically at boot. Anyway, I'd try the scandisk first. If you need more help after that, post the operating system and I'll try to talk you through getting defrag to run.

Tue May 06, 2003 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well the thing is that the computer runs O.K, with some problems, like being ultra slow, even for 1,7ghz and so on. When i go to my cousins tomorrow, ill try running defrag in safe mode. When i run defrag on my own machine, i have like 3 red lines that are less than one mm in length then on his machine adding all those red lines together would make up half the you know bar or something :D

Anyway, ill let you know how it went tomorrow.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 06, 2003 12:53 pm
Felix Rex

well? Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow, it's only a day away!

Sun May 11, 2003 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sun May 11, 2003 3:42 pm
Felix Rex

I hate her hair. Actually, that's an old ass film. I wonder if she's still alive? Err...on topic...Peltz, where are you? Did you electrocute yourself on that PC?

Sun May 11, 2003 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

We still had to format the HDD. The computer ran so slow...It took about 55 seconds for an IE window to open not to mention Outlook Express that took 2minutes to open. We burned all the necessary s**t on CDs and then formated it. It works fine for now.

Theres something strange though. I haven't quite figured it out. Everytime the computer starts and enters win XP, theres about 15-25 second delay before some programs start to work. For example, when the computer starts i dclick on the Adsl connection icon (he doesn't have a router for 24/7 connection), but it takes about 15-25 seconds before it appears. Not sure whats causing it.

I used the tweak guide on your main page Satis, mebe win xp didnt like something from there, any ideas?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:04 am
Minor Diety

I had the same problem with Xp Home. It seemed to stop on 1%.

I reformatted but, i dont know if it works now because i havent tried it again.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:12 am
Minor Diety

Are there any other programs that can defraghment better then the standard Win XP defragmenter?
I ask this because I don't like the performance of the standard defragmenter, it seems to be far slower and less tidy then the win 9x one.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:19 am
Minor Diety

I get that loading problem when i click my connect thing, the little box doesn't turn up for anything up to a few minutes. not all the time tho, just occasionally.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]