It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Mr. Peltz's New Computer 
Felix Rex

DDR2 800 and DDR 800 are the same thing as far as I know. DDR2 is the standard memory everything uses now with DDR3 just now coming around. As far as I know, DDR(1) has gone the way of SDR.

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

So im back on my 6800 SLI config. 9600 went back for repairs.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:17 am
Stranger

Asrock board:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?M ... 10dB&s=775

MSI board:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func ... incat_no=1

They are roughly the same price although the MSI board is slighty used whereas the the Asrock board would be brand new.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 09, 2008 4:52 pm
Duke

I can't read 'DDR' without seeing 'Dance Dance Revolution'.......
</random>

Sat May 10, 2008 5:43 am
Felix Rex

The MSI board. You get an nvidia 750i SLI chipset instead of a 650i SLI one. I've also never heard of ASRock so I'd recommend checking some reviews if you decide to go that route. Wouldn't hurt to check reviews on the MSI board as well, just in case there's some serious defect in its design.

/me rolls eyes at Suga. :roll:

Sat May 10, 2008 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

So i got the MSI board and a e8200 CPU today. Still missing the RAMs and where tha fuck is my 9600GT its been in repairs for like a month already. I mean in that time probably 50000 units of 9600gt's came off the production line.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed May 21, 2008 8:59 am
Felix Rex

lol, probably. Have fun with that. :twisted:

Wed May 21, 2008 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

So im now running the new board with new cpu. The only darn thing i cant get to work is the front panel hdd led. Also there is a small red led burning on the mainboard, dunno if i should be worried, everything works though, rams are fine, cpu works fine, hdd's work fine, DVD works fine, CPU fan works fine, case fans are ok, GPUs work fine.

I could call it success if i got the darn led to work but to hell with it. Anyway i opted for a format C. I had run the last format for about 2 years so i thought i should just purge all the crap from the registry and get some speed back.

Now all i need is my damn 9600GT back.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 24, 2008 1:06 am
Felix Rex

haha...sounds like you've had a wonderful time.

Some of my motherboards have LEDs on them that are always lit when there's power to the board. Normal stuff. Does your motherboard manual state what exactly that LED signifies?

Regarding the HDD light, it should just be a matter of plugging the cable/jumper thing into the right pins on the front panel pinout area. I've had a few motherboards where the pinouts didn't match the case, like it's 3 pins on the motherboard and 2 on the case or vice versa. Those I just leave off. Other than that it should've be too difficult unless your LED is broken.

Sat May 24, 2008 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well i just got word from my GPU retailer. Apparently i can pick a new GPU coz its not repairable or sumthing. Anyway ill keep you posted.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue May 27, 2008 2:36 pm
Stranger

So i paid 40bucks more and got 8800GTS 512. Works like a charm.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 29, 2008 7:04 am
Felix Rex

ack, you're back to having a better graphics card than me. :roll: Bastads. How am I supposed to keep up? :p

Actually I figure I'll stick with my 8800GT for at least another generation of cards. The performance differences just aren't worth the mad wad of $$$. Though I may be upgrading my CPU soon.

Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I woulda been perfectly happy with my 9600GT. Its not like i asked them to send me a broken unit. :D

Anyway it was the cheapest GTS i could find, manufacturer is asus.

If the gpu and cpu development continues this way, soon EA can ship crap on a daily bases because there is no need for optimization. The hardware packs enough power to render everything.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 29, 2008 9:51 am
Felix Rex

yea, I hear that. All this hardware power is causing developers to get lazy with optimization. :? I wonder how much better stuff would run if they designed optimization into it from the ground up, instead of after everything is finished. Look at the games from the 80s. Those suckers had to be optimized.

Thu May 29, 2008 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Or look at console games. To look better then your competitor you have to optimize. On the pc you're just supposed to buy a new graphics card.

Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next