It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
forum upgrade 
Felix Rex

Post forum upgrade
I've upgraded the forums, for anyone that hasn't already noticed. Pardon the extended downtime today, but I'm afraid there weren't many options that didn't involve data loss otherwise. Please post any issues you may run into in suggestions, PM me if it's security related or posting doesn't work, or if all else fails, email me at satis at clankiller.com.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Post Re: forum upgrade
Please be aware that it looks like anything that included double-byte characters (characters with accents and umlauts and such) appear to have been jacked up by the upgrade. This shouldn't be a huge problem, and any new stuff is being captured properly, just be aware in case you look at old content and are wondering what is going on.

Additionally, don't try searching older content yet, as it won't work. I'll hold off rebuilding those indexes until tomorrow as I'm not sure how the sql server will handle it.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It looks pretty odd for now, but god job on the updating. Without noting anything specific, I think phpbb 2.x was pretty buggy, so this is probably an improvement. :bow:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:33 pm
Felix Rex

thanks.. and I agree, my 2.x version was getting a bit long in the tooth. Unfortunately there was a ton of data that had to be converted, which turned the upgrade into a very long, drawn out process. It looks like it'll be worth it, though. At least attachments are actually part of the board now, instead of a mod. :P

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

IT SUCKS!! IT DOESN'T LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE!! I'M NEVER COMING BACK!!111 RAAAAGH

Hehe. Nah, it's cool. Have to adjust a bit to the current feel but I'm happy that the transfer seems to be going pretty smoothly. :)

- Coach

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:35 am
Felix Rex

I changed the default style as the one that ships with phpbb was causing my some serious eye straing. I plan on (eventually) customizing the styles anyway, but I couldn't handle the other one any more. Post here or in suggestions if you have feedback.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good job. This theme also needs some time getting use to (it looks more tech than the old theme for some reason), but the previous one was far from clear, and idd caused some serious eye-strain.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 am
Felix Rex

If you guys would like to provide input as to what theme to use, you can browse the available themes here. It needs to be compatible with 3.0.6. I also can (and probably will) veto anything I feel like. :D I will probably be quite some time before I get around to creating a clankiller-specific theme.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/db/?from=su ... eb8accb710

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I actually like this theme alot. Much more than the pre-upgrade one.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, much easier to 'read' than the one before. Could you add 'strike' tags tho? If that's even possible. Not that they're essential by any means but I like them. :P

Maybe they even work without me knowing it...let's see [strike]test[/strike]

- Coach

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 am
Felix Rex

strike? Like line-through? Or something else?

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, that's the one.

<strike>

Strike Through

Definition:
Used to mark text that should appear with a line through it so as to appear “struck out” on display or in print.

Like I said, not that it's essential. Just would be nice. :)

- Coach

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 am
Stranger

Sorry cant help myself.

"Can i has cheeseburger with that!"

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:53 am
Stranger

The only thing about this style is that the text is too close to the topic name. Otherwise it is :bow:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:56 am
Felix Rex

I'll keep the idea open, but don't expect it to happen soon... or possible at all. That would require a mod, and any mod I apply would need to be reapplied every time I upgrade the board, or I'd have to manually upgrade the board, which can be a serious bitch.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next