It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
".product will make you happy" 
Emperor

Post ".product will make you happy"
There was a topic about kkrieger demo here few years ago. Before a week-two I stumbled to these beautiful samples. Wanted to share. :)

For the first one, it is a full bag of tricks. But I'll draw your attention to the synchronization between the scene and the synthesizer.

The Second one has pretty cool glowing effects (which would not be the point of watching it for some of you).

The third one isn't example from those people but with its 16 bytes is really small. However, it will most probably hurt your eyes and you will have to shut it down manually. (probably by pressing the start menu button on the keyboard will give you opportunity to do right click - close on it; or via task manager)

Had to ZIP them coz I cannot upload exe/com here.

Enjoy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I can't get demo.exe to run. The other two are ok...the chick one is pretty cool, especially considering it's all rendered in real-time. The other one is decent, but nowhere as cool as the chick one.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

What happens when you run it? (it's demo.com, btw)
I presume it is "hijack" software rendering. It may be that it just cannot point your graphic card.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I get some sort of Windows error. Works on my win2k windows box, though. And, yea...it's not what I would call impressive. Though it may make a good prank. :twisted:

*edit* I put it on one of my coworker's PCs. We'll see how he reacts when he comes in.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

The point about all three examples is that they are extremely small. Not the graphics quality. Alone the texture for the "GEFAHR"-table could be larger than the first file.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:13 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

sure, I'll agree, but tiny for the sake of tiny is kind of pointless too. The point is to make it tiny and look good (imo). They did a decent job with the naked chick, though if they could smooth some of the obvious polygonalness (copyright 2007 Satis) of it that would rock. Though the effects in the other one are pretty cool (shaders or deformers or something, I dunno), the overall quality suffers... it looks like Daggerfall.

The snow one...well....I don't know enough to say, of course, but it looks like someone wrote an equation that put pixels on the screen and then oscillates the input variables. Which, frankly, doesn't do a whole lot for me. The prior two demonstrate something of use...the last is just a toy with no real purpose. Not that there's anything wrong with toys, it just doesn't do much for me.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:24 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Everything here resembles to formulas. There is no other way to compress all those polygons, animated transformations and virtual instruments on that size.

What to say to your comment - someone is about minimalism, someone about Oblivion, someone about beer, someone about something other, someone combines them.. :) The first two are are predecessors of kkrieger, which you liked for its graphics, if I remember well. Imho, I'd never be busy making such things in my free time but they do impress me.

As for your colleague Sat, I'm sure you'd need less sophisticated machinery than the 16bytes of hard-code to make a good prank. :wink:

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hehe...it didn't confuse him too bad. :p By the time he got to his pc, it was minimized. Then he saw it, but it wasn't enough to freak him out. :( Oh well, it was fun anyway.

btw, hitting esc twice apparently minimizes it too.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]