It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Skyrim Benchmarked. 
Stranger

Post Skyrim Benchmarked.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/skyrim-pe ... 318-4.html

It's amazing how well ATI cards do with this game. I shoulda picked up that 6850 instead of 550ti. Still, considering that my lcd native reso is only 1400x1050, I should be able to run it on Ultra with minor AA. The link takes to medium quality so be sure to check the following pages as well.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:35 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Skyrim Benchmarked.
Mm I dunno, I think you'll be able to play without too many problems regardless. I'm on a 560Ti and playing on Ultra at a higher resolution than you, with nary a slowdown. I think AA is on too. So a 550Ti should be able to come very close to that. :)

- Coach

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:19 am
Felix Rex

I'm on a 465gtx and I'm playing on high with a few settings bumped up even higher. It's entirely playable, though at times I can tell there are some minor fps slowdowns.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Technologically the 560ti is immensely more powerful than the 550ti. At 1680x1050 the difference is nearly 20fps in some games or even more for instance Mass Effect 2 where the difference is nearly 30frames. But at that reso, the 560ti is bordering 100frames per second which means both cards are capable of breezing through it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:42 am
Minor Diety

I did check on canyourunit.com and it's only my graphics card that lets my rig down; even then it meets all the recommended components but for some reason fails against the recommended graphics card specs. But having said that I've managed to run it on high with no issues for half an hour or so, so I reckon it would only need a small upgrade to let me run high or even ultra comfortably

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

RAM and video card don't get the 'recommended' rating ... i'm almost ready to say i don't want to play Skyrim.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 am
Felix Rex

Ignorance is bliss. Skyrim will own your life! Like it does mine, and Pevil's, and Ox's, and half the people on my friends list in Steam.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah...while I do not want to destroy any family life hapiness or want to make you jealous for no reason J, the game really is that good. It's amazing. I haven't done almost anything of the main quest yet, and I've been playing for almost 30 hours...and I still stumble into entire unexplored 'provinces' on the map. I haven't seen nearly half of all there is to see, I'm sure.

- Coach

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]