It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pevil's adventures in Skyrim 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pevil's adventures in Skyrim
Yeah I got the Markarth house, I absolutely love it :) I also caused a minor (well... major) riot in Markarth with lots of slaughtering. I think the bounties are random ones, hence you didn't get the dragon. He told me they don't worry about dragons as well so he's clearly a bit schizo ;) He's also given me two Forsworn/bandit bounties.

I've also realised I miss the old levelling up. Not necessarily the mechanics, but I used to love the little messages "It used to seem so hard, then one day it just dropped into place. Suddenly it all made sense", and that sort of thing.

Need to post last nights exploits but I'll probably combine them with my adventures tonight

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

awesome, thanks for sharing. I'll be shooting for a house in Markarth soon enough. :)

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok make that 3 nights adventures, though each night didn't last that long really so combining them isn't so bad.

The events leading up to my Markarth riot are going in spoilers because it's just too good a quest to spoil.

The first night I entered Markarth a lady was randomly attacked in the street and the guards basically just told everyone "nothing to see here" and swept it under the carpet so to speak. Upon my witnessing this event a man approached me and asked me to meet at the temple. Once there, he explained that the Forsworn seem to be trying to infiltrate the city as it used to belong to them, but there also seems to be some inside help and I'm sent to investigate it. I end up poking my nose in where I shouldn't and before you know it, my mystery man is murdered and I'm framed for it. I'm thrown into the Skyrim equivalent of Alcatraz, a place called Cidhna mine where no one is ever supposed to get out. Whilst incarcerated I end up befriending (kind of) the leader of the Forsworn and together we manage to break out all the Forsworn prisoners through a Dwemer tunnel which leads right into Markarth. Hence the riot in the city where a lot of guards get killed. For helping the Forsworn I also got a full set of their armour which is enchanted and one (only one) of their bases will not attack me. Every other bloody Forsworn still goes for me on sight though

Once the rioting was over and things had settled down a little more I decided to finally help out Calcemo, the Dwemer researcher and clear out Nechand-Zul (or whatever it's called). The ruins are really impressive and some of the fights were pretty tough. I ran away like a wussy from a centurion and won't be going near him for a while!

I decided that I haven't helped out the companions for a while, so I headed back to Whiterun to sell a few things (Markarth had run out of money for me) before heading out to wipe out a coven of witches for Kodlak. As I stepped out of Whiterun and began to head west across the plains, I scanned the skies in search of dragons. Nothing to be seen. As I drew near the western watchtower where you fight Mirmulnir I spotted a mudcrab. Usually I'd just run on by, not bothering but I thought "What the hell, let's smack it one". As I raised my arm back for the killing blow suddenly both the mudcrab and I were slowed by frost. I look up and there is a Frost Dragon!

Even to a Nord the Frost Dragon is painful, so I had to run around a lot and heal whilst using fire breath against him. Unfortunately he did manage to kill me just as I was about to kill him by picking me up and tossing me a good half mile across the plains! So I reload and head back to the tower, hoping he would turn up again.

A Blood Dragon turned up this time. Slightly disappointed I prepared to fight him, along with the help of the watchtower archers. The fight was far easier this time but I was pleasantly surprised when he was knocked out of the air by an arrow doing a bit too much damage and he nosedived into the ground, skidding along and actually leaving a furrow until he hit the side of the watchtower, where he struggled to his feet in an attempt to fend off my sword. Needless to say, his efforts were futile.

I then continued on to the witch covern and along the way discovered a secluded grove accessible only by a small cavern tunnel which contained a few cave bears, wolves and spriggans. Upon dispatching these and heading to the far side of the grove I found a statue along with a blade and a book; this was the resting place of the last of the Blades from Cloudruler Temple.

Eventually I made it to the witches cave and wiped them out, taking each ones head for proof for the Companions. On my way back I also went into another cave just for the sake of it and accidentally completed another quest I had which also netted me the second word for Fire Breath. I love Fire Breath anyway and this makes it go twice as far and twice as wide. Very happy Pevil!

Finally I returned to Whiterun, to find the Companions really don't have much luck:
While I was away the Silver Hand finally took it upon themselves to attack Jorrvaskr directly and although they were mostly repelled they killed Kodlak, our leader. So now I have a quest to find their master camp and eradicate them. Guess what I'm doing next time I play!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

awesome. I recently completed both the riot quest and the companions quests, so I'm totally following along on that. Haven't paid a visit to the dwemer ruins, though... I may be heading that way soon.

I owe you guys an update on my progress, but I'm being lazy. :p

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Psssh get to it! hehe. Nah, I understand that laziness; for me I think it's a lack of awesome stuff in that it's mostly old awesome stuff, rather than new awesome stuff. I'm mainly dungeon crawling/misc quest completing and whilst the dungeons are still mostly pretty wow, it's not like the first time I ran into a dragon priest, or the first time I found some weird underground structure. So I have less pictures and less new and interesting stories to tell. That's why the dragon fights seem to be my main updates, they always seem to play out totally differently

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

dragon priests? How do I have like 80 hours into the game and I don't know what a dragon priest is? though I did find a dragon dagger or something.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Dragon Priest = those annoying buggers often guarding a word wall, there are 10 of them and they're named, usually drop a mask.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

ah, ok, in that case I've run into 2. I'm wearing one of their masks... the masks are upgradeable. :)

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I know, Niall found out, I was happy when I realised, got the one with 30% shock/frost/fire resist permanently in my inventory now

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I haven't even seen a dragon priest yet! I'm assuming I will soon though, as I'm delving deeper into the main quest now. :)

Like you, i loved the in Markrath. But unlike you two, I took a slightly different approach. :P
Having concluded that both sides are complete a-holes (the Forsworn are murdering innocents for their cause, and the current regime uses bloody oppression to stay in power, AND apparently imprisons people based on nothing), I worked my way to the King in Rags and had a little chat. When he told me that the only way to prove my loyalty to him was to kill the other dude in the prison and gave me a shiv, I figured that I didn't want to be part of that. I walked out, snuck up to the King and stabbed him in the neck with his own shiv. Nobody else seemed to have noticed. I took the key off his body and the note explaining about the escape tunnel and hurried through the (dangerous, since I had no gear whatsoever) Dwemer ruins into the city. Once out, I was taken aside by one of the Silverbloods who was rather pleased to hear of Mananach's demise and gave me a good bit of gold. I figured the status quo was better than nothing...I already killed Mananach against my ethics (but rather a murderer and terrorist than the guy he wanted me to kill) so i wasn't gonna go after the silverbloods on my own without provocation. Who knows, without Mananach the Forsworn may actually lose momentum?

Cool quest.

- Coach

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:57 am
Minor Diety

That's pretty cool Ox. You will have seen a dragon priest, the one in Bleak Falls Barrow but he doesn't have a mask. Think he's kind of a "beginner" priest.

I'll actually play this week, last week I was feeling pretty ill and spaced out so I didn't game much and what little I did game was the Sims, coz you don't need any concentration ;)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, yeah I don't even remember that dragon priest...I prolly just figured it was a named mage or whatever, dunno. I actually only met 1 (other) dragon priest during the entire game in the 70 hours I played, and I'm pretty sure he was a part of the main quest I finished. :) Goes to show how massive this game really is, I guess.

- Coach

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:44 am
Felix Rex

Yea, there's a Dragon priest toward the end of the main quest that you have to kill. So...that's at least 1. I found 3 total, including that one.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Not a fat lot to update but I played some yesterday. I've started the civil war somewhat by taking Ulfric's Axe to the Jarl of Whiterun who has sent it back to him; in Skyrim terms this is essentially the equivalent of "This is my hood, begone!" so I'm sure that's all going to kick off soon. Other than that I ran into my first Elder dragon last night and spent ages messing around to get a ton of screenshots; worked nicely as they're such a beautiful bronze colour and it was getting towards sunset high up on the side of a mountain with a few rocks for him to land on :) I'll post them at some point.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Been playing again recently but not really bothering with taking screenshots etc. I decided to finally just get on with things so after completing the civil war (and winning it for the Stormcloaks) I've finally finished the main quest. Definitely enjoyed it though the final fight was a little easier than it should have been. So now I've made my next character (Silver Tabby Khajiit who will be a thief/assassin using bows and dual daggers) and will continue to play Pev or him depending on my mood. I'm also going to make a pure magic user, an Argonian who tries to avoid conflict and people and live by scavenging off the land, and also a big, dumb, barbarian type who doesn't even use armour because he's so manly he just doesn't need it. Or tactics. Nope, all you need is a big axe and to charge the enemy.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next