It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pevil's adventures in Skyrim 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pevil's adventures in Skyrim
It's by design, hidden in the spoiler bit in my previous post. I don't think you can catch it via attack in Skyrim but I'm not too sure.

Might not play today; as much as I want to I was late up thanks to a bad nights sleep, then had to post a bunch of stuff from eBay and am headed to a mates tonight, plus Assassin's Creed just showed up so might play that for a couple of hours instead. It certainly won't take over from Skyrim though! Thurs evening will be my next massive playthrough now, as Niall goes out on Thursdays so I have the whole evening to myself.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well I had a few hours last night and a few tonight, so this might be a long, picture heavy post. I also did a little of the main quest so I'll hide that away in the spoilers. After my overdose of dragons I've actually had two dragon-free nights!

I started out last night from Whiterun; I had a few long journeys to make so I decided first to head over to the far west, where a scholar had requested I deliver some dwarven gauntlets. Since I'd recently upgraded my armour to steel plate, I was happy to take him my old cast offs. On the way over there I ran into the place with Red Eagle's sword, so I decided to acquire that first. It was guarded by a lot of forsworn, my first encounter with them, and I love the way their weapons look. I kept a sword just to display in my house (unfortunately I've got a few cool looking swords on display so I need a new house with more displays!) I also got ambushed by an assassin, but it went far worse for him that I'm sure was intended.

After collecting Red Eagle's sword, I continued west until I reached Markarth. This is possibly my favourite city so far, it's pretty much built into the mountain and is very heavily carved stone buildings. It's also the home of a set of Dwemer ruins, though I have yet to explore them. Outside I found the stables and since my poor horse died a while ago thanks to some bandits, I bought a new one. I named him Dave. I also bought myself a dog, Vigilance!

I then got sucked into an interesting quest that involved a Vigilant of Stendarr asking me if I'd seen anyone entering or leaving a house. I won't spoil the quest as it was very well done and incredibly atmospheric. I also managed to break gravity a few times (see the pics below) Then Dave, Vigilance and I headed up north to a fort just west of Solitude in order to help a family friend escape captivity by Thalmar guards. Along the way we met a robed woman and her dog who informed us that they were heading to Whiterun to visit the Shrine of Kynareth. Once at the fort we were helped out by his brother and a few of their friends so it wasn't too tough, and Vigilance was incredibly useful! We headed back towards Dragon Bridge afterwards for a nice rest in a warm bed by a fire. We deserved it.

The next morning we headed south again to finish Red Eagle's quest. Alas, this was to be Vigilance's last quest; as we entered the burial chamber he put up a valiant fight, killing several skeletons but the unholy resurrection of Red Eagle was too much for him. He has now taken the burial chamber as his last place of rest and he shall be dearly missed.

With that sad news I headed back to Markarth to see if I could get a replacement but it seems they only had Vigilance for sale, so it's just me and Dave for a while. We headed all the way back to Whiterun to get our rewards, then decided to continue on to the main quest. Just outside Whiterun I ran into none other than the robed woman and her dog who we'd met near Solitude! At least one dog made it safely.

It was time to sate my curiosity about High Hrothgar so I set out on a long gallop round to the east and then down south to climb halfway up the Throat of the World. It's a long walk alright, and I decided to leave the horse at the bottom of the 7000 steps, to better appreciate the pilgrimage. I met a couple of pilgrims along the way and stopped for a chat, plus an ice wraith and ice bear (who I killed) and an ice troll (who I ran away from). The views are amazing and I wasn't even able to reach the top yet! Once up there I learnt the second word for Force and also a new shout, the Whirlwind run one.

After doing that little section of main quest I headed down and decided to do a companions quest that was on the way back to Whiterun. It was a fairly simply "go in the cave and smash every in the face" kind of quest, in order to steal some plans from the Silverhand, so it was a nice, bloodthirsty way to round off the evening. Satisfied with the my loot, I headed back to Whiterun to settle in for the night.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

@ the puppy, BoooM Headshot :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 am
Felix Rex

lol, awesome. Yea, people have a tendency of being shot in the face a lot in this game.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, I think you took almost the same screenshot as I did re: Markath. I love it too, it's a gorgeous town. Too bad life itself there doesn't seem too healthy though...

I didn't know you could buy other animals than horses! Where did you buy Vigilance? Poor thing that he/she is haha. :)

- Coach

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 am
Minor Diety

In Markarth Ox, right by the stables. Guy called Banning I think...

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Another post to catch up on 2 days of play.

Last night I decided just to go on a general exploration in order to get more locations on the map and hopefully encounter a dragon, since it was 2 sessions since I'd seen one at all. So I headed all the way west over to Markarth again after deciding to do a quest over there to gain power from Ragnvald. That was a very, very painful dungeon. The final boss in it was owning me big time; he hit me with lightning that would drain most of my magicka and take out huge amounts of health. Luckily he couldn't come into the tunnel and would just stay in the main room of the tomb, so I stayed out in the tunnel, just popping my head round to shout some fire breath at him occasionally. After about 20 shouts he'd lost about 10% of his health... so I got desperate. Luckily in my belt I found a "Summon Storm Atronach" spell. The atronach kicked 7 shades of shit out of him and took him down to nearly dead before it unsummoned, so a few more shouts and he was mine. The loot resulted in a very cool looking mask (named the same as the boss, Otar... am I wearing the boss?) which gives me 30% resist fire/shock/frost. So throw ice at me and combined with my nordic blood it barely does anything! I also found a word wall at the back of the tomb.

I then headed south for the sake of exploration, riding towards every landmark I could see just to mark it on the map. I encountered a few ghosts along the way too! One you'll see in the screenshots below; I couldn't talk to him though the option would come up but he wouldn't stop moving... perhaps there is a quest that will allow it. The other ghost appeared after I accidentally fell down a waterfall and somehow survived... the ghost didn't survive the fall of course but had a little chat with me then increased my speech before disappearing.

I also randomly found a dead highway bandit with his palomino horse nearby and surprisingly the horse didn't say "steal" so I jumped on it. I found out later that of course because I hadn't bought it, the horse wandered off once I dismounted and Dave had headed back to his stables in Markarth. So I'm temporarily without a horse again, until I either head back to collect Dave or buy another. I finally looped right round on the southern side and back up to Whiterun. Yet another session with no dragons.

On to today. I'm not going four sessions with no dragons, so I decide to head into the mountains north of Whiterun. I turned north immediately I got out of the gate and sprinted across the plains. Just as I reach the foot of the mountains I see a patch of ground rise up and take to the air. A dragon, at last! As it took flight I noticed it had a fanned tail and a fin on its back. At first I thought it was Alduin, simply as it looked so different, then thought perhaps it was a water dragon. I was wrong. It took me ages to find out what it was; no joke, I must have chased it around for about 20 minutes. It just would not land, nor attack me even from the air. I tried running round the plains (it was flying very close to Whiterun at times), climbing the mountains, shouting at it, casting flames and sparks at it, brandishing my sword, putting away my sword... nothing. Finally I saw it land on the other side of the mountain, so I ran over to find it fighting two necromancers.

Dragons are tough but Necros are far more painful! I quickly felled one as the dragon finished off the other. Just as I prepare to hit him, he flies off, but not before I see his name. Blood dragon!

Once again he refused to land, or even acknowledge me. And I hadn't even managed to hit him once in the brief moments he'd been landed so I didn't even have a dot to follow on the map. Another ten minutes passed in which I again tried to get high and shout at him, then run round the plains. Nothing. I even went as close to a giant as I dared, in case he would go for that. No, no such luck.

Mages to my rescue again. Another fire mage/ice mage fight and the blood dragon heads right for them. This time I smack him in the wing before killing one of the mages. He takes off and the fire mage comes for me. Luckily he was almost dead and one hit sorts him out. This time the blood dragon is happy to land a couple of times, and also sweep over me with firebreath, but then he gets bored and flies off down to the plains, where he takes to roasting a couple of mammoths. I run down there just as he lands, and together me and the mammoths slay him. It was a great fight and much tougher than normal dragons.

After absorbing his soul I headed into a nearby dragon mound, Volunruud I think? And there I have left it, just after defeating a Draugh Deathlord, who is every bit as fun as his name and is not even the boss of the dungeon.

My game has also got a thing about leaving projectiles in me. Yesterday at one point I had an ice shard through the right hand side of my chest, sticking out my back AND my horse had an arrow in its tail, one in its rump and another in its shoulder. I start up the game today and there was an arrow stuck through my head, directly through my nose and protruding out the other side. However Mirmulnir's skeleton seems to have disappeared from Whiteruns gates.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

cool stuff. Otar sounds like a great deal of fun. Hopefully my explorations run me into him at some point. Strangely enough, I ran into a blood dragon yesterday too. Had a hell of a time getting the bastard to land, but once he was down it was quick work.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Lol, I'm in Skyrim?? Did you put that in or is he just there?

I'm getting this for christmas, late to the party again :/

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:49 pm
Minor Diety

At least you're gonna get it, I know I'll still be playing it then. And yes, you truly are in Skyrim, the construction set isn't even out yet.

I had another random wandering day today. I finished off the tomb I started Saturday, which wasn't *too* horrible, though mainly due to the fact that the undead boss I fought at the end was easily outmanouvered around a table. I then headed up to Dawnstar, marking locations on my way and then headed all the way back to Whiterun to sell and store loot. Once in Whiterun one of the guards informed me a dragon had flown right over the city headed north-east so I decided to track it down. It actually turned out to be one I killed days ago, the one with Krosis guarding it. This time I managed to take out Krosis and he also dropped a cool mask, useful to thieves (enhances lockpicking, archery and alchemy if I remember correctly). As the dragon was already dead and I'd be looking forward to a dragon fight, I headed north east towards Winterhold as there was a dragon up there I had to kill for a bounty.

Once I got there it was possibly one of the coolest dragon fights I've had. It was just a regular fire-breathing dragon, but it was in an area with a rocky arch over the path and it kept landing on the arch, giving me some great screenshots. I took him out easily enough, then headed further into the mountains to start the quest for Azura. And that's where I've left it, in Winterhold about to embark on a journey to find Azura's Star.

My game screwed up physics again today. I found a floating tree and tons of floating weapons.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
I then headed south for the sake of exploration, riding towards every landmark I could see just to mark it on the map. I encountered a few ghosts along the way too! One you'll see in the screenshots below; I couldn't talk to him though the option would come up but he wouldn't stop moving... perhaps there is a quest that will allow it. The other ghost appeared after I accidentally fell down a waterfall and somehow survived... the ghost didn't survive the fall of course but had a little chat with me then increased my speech before disappearing.

Haha, that sounds great! :)

Methinks Pev is enjoying these dragon battles a little too much. :P But I love the stories, especially the one where you, a couple of mages and necromancers, and a few mammoths took down a Blood Dragon. I'm surprised there were no giants trying to smash its head in if it was messing with a her of mammoths!

And yes, I can vouch for Tyranus actually being in the game. I'm sure Pev will understand what I mean when I say it was a 'pleasant' meeting in-game haha!

- Coach

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 am
Minor Diety

Pleasant... yes... *evil grin*

I'm glad you enjoy the dragon stories! I just generally find that the tougher battles (i.e. the dragons or the bosses such as Otar/Krosis) last longer so there's more chance for something interesting to happen and write about. It's kind of a good feeling when you take on 7 bandits at once but it's usually not more than block,block, power attack, normal attack, block, shield bash, block, heal, block, attack, attack, attack, loot. At least with the bosses you can have the "omg run for your life" moments or the "what the hell is he doing now" moments. Just fun to fight and fun to relive :)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I will post again tomorrow probably, been having a few shorter sessions and not had a huge amount happen but I will definitely update soon! You guys need to post more too, I want to read more adventures *threatens with glass sword*

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok so now to remember what I've done!

First thing I did after my last playthrough was complete Azura's quest. Spoilers for Satis:

I didn't bumrush him, all it did was get me a faceful of painful magic. I then chose to take the star back to Nelacar? the guy in the inn so I got a black soul gem for storing human souls. I believe that part is essentially the same for him or going back to the shrine, i.e. get sucked into the soul gem, have a painful experience with a couple of Daedra and Malyn then get back out.

On my many trips across Skyrim (Azura insists on sending you to all sorts of farflung places *sigh*) I managed to find a random sword and shield in the air that slowly floated higher and higher until they disappeared completely.

I then decided to head back over to Whiterun (as always) and as I was passing Windhelm I saw a dragon circling around. So I did my usual dismount/attempt to get his attention when I realised it was Alduin! Luckily he didn't come for me (don't think he does unless it's a scripted fight in the main quest) and just flew off to the south east.

My thirst for dragon blood was soon satisfied however as I decided to head on over to Markarth and start doing some quests over there. I think I've done the majority of quests in Whiterun, bar some of the Companion quests, and I really like the town of Markarth so I decided to help out the Jarl in order to get a house. His first quest? Kill a dragon. So I happily trotted off to Dragontooth Crater where a blood dragon was sitting waiting for me. There was also a ruined tower right there so I had somewhere to hide when I needed to heal, which wasn't too much as a Thalmar guard came along to help, just about stayed alive then got pissed off at me standing near him, so I felled him with one hit. I also got a finishing move on the dragon which I haven't had before; Pev pretty much did a Dragon Age move and jumped onto his head then stabbed multiple times.

Speaking of which I seem to be getting a few more finishing moves as I level up. I had one the other day where I charged and stabbed (haven't even taken the critical charge perk) and then one where I jumped in the air and slammed down at my opponents chest.

Moving on to last night, I did a couple more quests for the Jarl of Markarth. First he wanted me to return his father's shield from a cave. On the way I discovered a very profitable gold mine (I smithed over 30 rings/necklaces with the resulting ore and then enchanted it all, giving me huge skill boosts, lots of money and I'm still trying to get rid of it all!) then beat the daylights out of some Forsworn. Finally I had to go beat up a Forsworn leader which led to a very cool sidequest involving two hagravens, two staves, a tower and shiny eyeballs!

And that about concludes my adventures. I don't really have any amazing pics so I'll make sure to get some for next time

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't recall doing that quest (dragon slaying) for the Jarl of Markrath, strange...he even told me they didn't worry about dragons too much, what with the entire city being carved into the rocks by the Dwemer long ago. :) Curse you on the gold mine....I can never seem to find any gold!

Do you have the house yet btw Pev? ;) The Markrath one?

The Patch broke a few things in my game, like the lowest bookshelf on all my book cases. Hoping they patch the patch soon. :(

- Coach

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next