It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Elder Scrolls V 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Elder Scrolls V
haha, go spell check!

that's a good point on class... I'm not sure what I want to be. Hmm. Last time I played Oblivion (first play) I was an archer, I think, and that was just a bad idea. The most capable characters seem to be melee + magic. But they're also the most boring. Maybe I'll go for heavy armor + two handed weapons... some massive nord dude.

What race you going for, Peltz?

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

No idea.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 pm
Minor Diety

Archer works nicely if stealthed, that's what Mole went with. The damage multipliers are awesome. I personally will stick with my elder scrolls tradition of a nord female warrior with some mix along the lines of blade, heavy armour, armourer, speechcraft, restoration magic, mercantile and...er... I forget what else I usually have. Probably something like security. *shrugs* Then I'll do a thiefy type khajit who joins the brotherhood. Then maybe a mage type. Probably only do the main campaign with the nord though, the others are more for just messing around and exploring the game to see how different it feels each way.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, that's how I did Oblivion... played the actual game with my first character, then created additional characters just to screw around with. I'm sure I'll do that again with this one. Getting close... 10 more days.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Skyrim definitely includes cannibalism and possibly includes Werewolves.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1211758p1.html

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I love werewolves...they were in Daggerfall (and pretty awesome, you'd change involuntarily during full moons, were immune to most weapons below silver and to feed on the innocent at least once every while to keep your strength) and I absolutely adored the atmosphere in the Morrowind expansion Bloodmoon, which had a major Werewolf storyline. Actually the island Bloodmoon was set on borders pretty much on Skyrim, but that's TES nerd talk. :P

Gorgeous trailer again...even Aurora Borealis in there!

So Pev...You looking forward to getting a Steam account then? :P Let em know what your ID is so we can friend you!

- Coach

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:29 am
Minor Diety

Fuck you Ox!

...but yeah I'll let you know :) One more day of work then 5 glorious Skyrim filled days! Stupid aussies already having it...

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well...the game is supposed to be really really really good. D-:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11 ... review-pc/

Quote:
I have been deeply anxious about writing this piece for the last two days purely because I don’t feel I’ve seen enough. Maybe I shouldn’t have spent so long smithing and enchanting an epic armour set. Maybe I should have gone dragon-hunting instead of obsessively picking every lock and pocket I stumbled across. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone mammoth-hunting just for the hell of it. Maybe I should have been a full-on mage or an axe-wielding barbarian. Maybe I should have ditched my namby-pamby pacifism and joined the Dark Brotherhood. Maybe I should have used a shield even once. Maybe I should have let that Master Vampire bite me instead of lightning bolting him to death. Maybe I shouldn’t have spent several hours simply riding from West to East and taking it all in.

Maybe I’ll do all that next time. First though, I really fancy a nice set of Glass Armour, so time to explore a few caves for ore to mine then spend some good, honest hours at the forge. I may be some time. I may be the rest of the year, and beyond. Not only is Skyrim, for my money, the game of the year, but… oh this is hard. Very hard. I’m sorry Morrowind – I love you, but I don’t need you anymore. I think, at last, there is a new Best Elder Scrolls Ever.

And so far, 100 at Gamespy, 95 @ IGN, 90 @ Gamespot

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-e ... s-v-skyrim

- Coach

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 am
Felix Rex

Wired gave it 10/10... I've never seen Wired give out full points for anything
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/skyrim-review

Here they talk about the infinite quests... procedurally generated quests so you actually can never run out of quests to do
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/s ... te-quests/

And here's a link I grabbed out of the review above..."things I ate". It talks about running around skyrim eating everything possible.
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/things-i-ate-skyrim

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

As you know, from estonia i dont have access to skyrim, i couldnt even add it to my wishlist, i had to do that in finland. So i was wondering if i buy the game in finland and come to estonia will they block my access to it. Should probably take this shit to european court and have them stop all of Valves activities in EU based on discrimination by nationality and citizenship inside the european union membership. Ox would prolly send Ocram to kill me :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 pm
Minor Diety

Well I have tomorrow/Mon/Tues booked off work so I'll be down at Game at 09.00 and hopefully installed and playing no later than 10.00 so I shall let you know how it is!

I was impressed earlier, I was looking on the bethesda blog (you can find it on the main site) on how they went about making the maps for the strategy guide and there is one shot of this massive area... with a caption saying it is showing about 5% of the world.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm excited. No pre-load? I plan on buying it today after work... if it allows pre-load, I'll be set... and maybe calling in sick tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I decided to buy it now and it does pre-load.

So, Pevil, get a Steam account, buy the game, and you can already download it. So tomorrow it'll unlock and you can play immediately, no installation or download time. BTW, it's like over 5GB.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I already have Steam, ID is Pevil2000. I'm not gonna buy it through steam coz I'm buying the Collectors Edition for me and the bf so we'll play it together tomorrow. I knew the install was over 6Gb anyway, lovely fun... I'm expecting it to be at least half an hour from buying it that I'll actually load the game!

I also may have watched the trailer about 20 times in the last 2 hours just for the theme... #cough# Really can't wait for tomorrow. The bf only gets home on a Thurs from his mates at about 4am, I already told him I don't care if he has only 4 hours sleep, he's getting up at 8 to help me carry those CE's back!

Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ughhhj....NYYAAAGHH...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO GET RAVE REVIEWS!!!

If it's just said "great, but not SUPER GREAT" I would have gone "well that's my cue then".

I'll...I'll have to explore what my cheapest options are. *bursts a blood vessel in his eye*

@ Peltz: for what it's worth, I know that games that are unavailable in Zone A can be gifted by a player from Zone B and then played by the player from Zone A. So...I'm guessing it would work exactly the same if you bought it in Finland and then went back to Estonia and play. Don't take me for a 100% truth here, but I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.

- Coach

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next