It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Elder Scrolls V 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Elder Scrolls V
Another preview, this one from Gamespy. Seems very Elder Scrolls... these two people did some of the same quests, but in entirely different ways with entirely different characters. The last guy was a (mostly naked) nord, while this person is an argonian necromancer.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-scro ... 569p1.html
Quote:
As my time with the game neared an end, I decided to venture out into Skyrim's countryside instead of returning to Valeries to complete my quest. My plan: see how many innocents I could turn into zombies or insane with my Fury spell. Turns out it's a lot. Before my adventure was complete, I dueled with a giant, had a 1,000 gold bounty placed on my head, and ventured upstream until I encountered another Necromancer along the coastline. Ironically, I turned him into a zombie.

My three hours with Skyrim flew by almost instantly; the game is a complete time-sink in the best possible way. The world itself is so fully realized there's no "correct" way to really play through the game unless you just want to critical path it, but I would highly recommend against such behaviors. Thank goodness the game is just around the corner, because after my hands-on, I can't wait to jump back into the world of Skyrim.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I've been reading a few of these types of articles, it's really making me want the game more, particularly the articles where they really get into the writing as themselves, rather than a "I went here then did this then cast this" but you can tell the authors are really getting lost in the world.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:31 am
Felix Rex

haha, nice. And man, those are some awesome graphics! :wink:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah wish my PC had graphics like that! *admiring whistle* I'd kill for that armour hehe.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Requirement specs

minimum specs

Operating System: XP/Vista/7
CPU: Dual Core 2GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Video card: DX9c, 512MB RAM

recommended specs

Operating System: XP/7
CPU: Quad-Core Intel/AMD
Memory: 4GB RAM, 6GB HD
Video card: DX9 1GB RAM (GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher)

lol @ vista not being recommended specs

- Coach

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 am
Minor Diety

That's coz Vista sucks ;) I saw the specs, I'm on a dual core i5 processor and a 250GTS, think I'll be looking at medium, maybe medium-high graphics :( Boo!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Hah, guess I meet recommended specs, surprisingly. I was half-expecting needing to bump up my graphics, but I guess not. Too bad for Shiny. :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Hah after that remark it wouldn't surprise me if you wake up or come back from school only to find your pc "downgraded" and Shiny exploring Skyrim on high settings :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:20 am
Felix Rex

lol, she wouldn't like Skyrim... she prefers multiplayer games. Though she certainly has the skill to gank my graphics card and replace it with her 9800gt. I think I'd notice, though. So far she hasn't felt a crunch, but I suspect that SW:TOR may push her graphics past the breaking point.

*sigh* I was really hoping for a graphics refresh before I jumped on a new card. So far, I'm not too impressed with the performance improvements available to me at a reasonable price.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well the days when a new graphics card brought with it a 30-50% gain are well and safely in the past. And the "casual gamer" is to blame. :D

I hate the term because it implies to some abstract mathematically constructed person who physically doesn't exist. It is literally undefinable quantity. Like "business" laptops, where everyone claims their garbage is "business" laptop. I hate it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:41 am
Felix Rex

hha... rather than "business laptop" perhaps it should be "laptop that doesn't make you look like a 12 year old designed it", or maybe "just the hardware, no spinners or chrome". :roll:

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The more I read and see about SKyrim the more I start to doubt my plan. But I MUST PERSEVERE! :x

Y'know, shit like this

STOP IT BETHESDA! I DON'T WANT TO!!

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 pm
Felix Rex

heh, give in to your NEED. 13 more days? Hellz yea. BTW, dark brotherhood in that video. Yay! I hope you can join them for some PAIN.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I wish this time around the story is more interesting. I never did finish Oblivion, and i tried twice, because eventually I became bored of playing the engine. Should I attempt to complete Skyrim, I would probably go the way of thief with minor magic abilities. It was with similar build that I enjoyed Oblivion the most. But then again I only tried a thief and a mage. And how come google chrome doesn't recognize the words google and mage. Silly spelling checker, oh but it does recognize Google.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next