It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Elder Scrolls V 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Elder Scrolls V
Hell no I'm not playing it on a console. For a start it's gonna look so much better on a PC. Apparently the Steam side of things is just for initial "you're not stealing our game, that's ok" verification and then it can be uninstalled. So I hope that's true.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

That's not typically how steam works, but who knows, maybe they're branching out. :) Lol @ console reaction.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well, in a sense it can work like that if you install/download the encryption files through Steam and then put Steam in offline mode. Then you're basically just playing an offline game. :)

- Coach

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:34 pm
Minor Diety

I didn't think it worked like that... oh well I'll have to bite the bullet for it I guess. Just make sure it doesn't load every time I switch my pc on. Piece of crap *sulks*

Can't wait for the game though *smiles again* Gonna be a great day!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And I'll FINALLY be able to drop some awesome games you couldn't try before! Yay!

- Coach

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 pm
Felix Rex

yea, right on. there's some great stuff on Steam. And suddenly you may start getting gifts. :) Friend me when you get that far.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha yeah ok gifts are always a good thing ;) I'll friend you all, just don't expect me to use it when I don't need to! Ooh though we could do real-time Skyrim "omg this just happened!!!!!111 one!" chatting...

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea...that sounds marvelous! *closes steam*

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, visions of Satis yelling "get of my Steam lawn!!". :roll: I'll be avoiding any news or threads about the game. For a looong time. :/ Gonna be torture.

- Coach

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 am
Minor Diety

Damn you all, you're just... boo! I want awesome comparison threads again dammit!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

That wont be possible Pev. Considering how much gaming we do, being disappointed by Skyrim is inevitable. The level of complexion our brains need is nearly impossible to achieve in a sandbox game like Skyrim. The biggest problem of Elder scroll saga is that it lacks really strong characters that shine across titles. Mafia 2 had that fat bloke, Joe. GTA4 has Niko. Morrowind, oblivion? Ok i remember patrick stewart but only because he dies in the first 15minutes. The story is so impersonal, almost clinically sterile. Its the mods, with their flaws and dreams, that bring the game to life in the end. Fasten your seat belts, disappointment inbound.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:54 pm
Felix Rex

Man, Peltz is waxing poetic today. Though I can't argue too strongly, I must say that Morrowind gripped me. I'm not sure why... I think it's because of how alien it felt, and how lost I felt. It's kinda like real life. Oblivion wasn't so strong, though some of the quest lines were wonderful. I'm hoping that Skyrim blows me away, but I won't cross my fingers. I will, however, buy it on release (probably) and write a thread on my game. Assuming Calculus 2 doesn't get in the way. *sigh*

BTW, I probably ought to rename the Oblivion forum to Elder Scrolls. Bring that puppy back to life.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea morrowind was out of this world. I must eat some of my words though, the stilt riders, i never forget those, appearing out of sandstorm these huge towering mm things :D.

Renaming the forum sounds good to me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:15 am
Minor Diety

lol jeez Peltz, and I though Derf was jaded. :D Comparison threads are still cool since even though you may not come across many memorable characters (not in Morrowind either btw) it's all about 'your' journey...which in a world like that of the TES games can be very different for each player. I'm sure Skyrim will be a great game btw - the only reason i'm not buying it is because I'm sure I'll be able to play an even greater game in a year with all the DLC, patches and mods. At a lower price. So...

P.S. Morrowind was indeed amazing because of its alien and wonderful world. That's what was lacking in oblivion a bit. It was all very generic, but it was still a great game of course.

- Coach

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:06 am
Minor Diety

Skill & perk info

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09 ... o-splurge/

- Coach

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next