It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Morrowind - Freeman 
Emperor

Post Morrowind - Freeman
And here I am. :) Don't tell me what bad might await me with these stats. Hey, I'm just a fucking tourist out there!

Where's you `Ox? :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. My char was exactly the same as yours. :P

But I think I will start again with a different char anyways, and get me some mods/plugins first. I'm thinking a sorcerer of sorts (atronach sign). :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 am
Emperor

Heh... really sucky thing there is no support for wide screen and higher resolutions. I'm playing it windowed.

And then buggy quests came up. Heh. :) Why can't they just make it proper and fail-safe.

I am going to be slowed down. I'm on some nice programming stuff I just got to finish.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I'm tempted to try to load Morrowind in Oblivion engine, but belief I'd experience a great crash prevents me from a try. :)

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehe...I installed a ton of mods and started again with a Breton sorcerer character, but I haven't gotten far yet. To be honest, once I get out of Seyda Neen I feel a little...deflated and not very keen on doing every quest again for the 5th time through. :)

We'll see where I strand. Hey at least I finished the game, several times! *glares at Pev* :wink:

- Coach

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:21 am
Minor Diety

as i say, when i get time I will play MW :P I have waaaaaaaaay too much stuff to do atm though, gaming and non-gaming

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:40 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I finished the damn game before. Twice I think! But like said, I didn't understand much of what I was doing. Instead warming the chair and reading ingame books and guides, I was peeking into a walkthrough (illustrated one, pelase) to see what to do next upon getting stuck. :D Oh yes, now I do read ingame books and stuff and find it all much more... exploring. :shock:

I'm just about to finish my pilgrimage, since I joined the temple guild. I didn't even know that guild exists! By the way, I plan too on freeing many slaves.

No mods here. Heh... I have aversion towards mods. Why can't devs make everything?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

By the way, I loved that part about the honor, where Vivec gave his silver longsword to a Daedric Prince rather than fighting an unarmed foe. The place where honor is so highly rated I would consider for my very home, yay. :) I'm still under impression and not only because Vivec gave the sword, but also because Dremora valued that. Passed times... (There were such things in the history. Foes respecting each other.)

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I am actually starting to love Morrowind. Once I play it without any outside help I can say it DOES have much more soul in comparison to Oblivion :) although it is not that big as I thought. Probably it is bigger than Oblivion but it is still small enough. :)

Put Morrowind game and Oblivion's graphics and you got the winning combination. :)

`Ox I have few questions to you: (1) once I heard that when an attribute hit 100, its skills get stuck where they are. Is that truth? I've also heard (2) once you are recognized as Nerevarine, your ranks in guilds get stripped off and (3) you cannot play their quests further. Are (2) and (3) truths too?

I am proud of being Acolyte right now in the temple and would not gladly drop it yet. :)

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Damnit, Rinox. I see you around all the time. Don't you see my questions?

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I didn't even see the post, sorry man :P but no, I don't believe your skills get stuck once you reach 100 in their main stat (ie strength or so). I can't remember it anyway.

As for the houses turning hostile and you losing your allegiances..I don't know anymore. it's been too long since I played that part. :( I remember they won't be too happy, but not that you lose all allegiances. I think "normal" guilds like temples and the mages' and fighters' guild won't be a problem at all, tbh. :)

- Coach

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:02 am
Emperor

Maybe a stupid question: why wouldn't they be "too happy"? I thought everybody (with exception of those sleepers) will be happy to have Nerevarine who will save the Morrowind and unite the tribes once more.

Did I miss something? :)

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Haha, I absolutely forgot about this place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XnssYhqGU

One of the best. :) Pity there is only an interval of a perfect fourth available. I could play Mozart's 40th symphony or Alla Turca rondo if I had just an octave. Not to mention what would be if you could hit more than one bell at once (multiplayer?!).

Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Further shots. Don't miss the video above. :)

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Maybe a stupid question: why wouldn't they be "too happy"? I thought everybody (with exception of those sleepers) will be happy to have Nerevarine who will save the Morrowind and unite the tribes once more.

Did I miss something? :)

Yes, but don't forget that the great Houses have their own agendas and a lust/struggle for power. They are -of course- willing to unite behind the Hortator/Nerevarine when the existence of the world or their entire culture is threatened (which they do, eventually).

But as with every 'savior', many people choose not to believe that this person they have before them is really 'The One' and that they should invest power in him or unite behind him. So before he can prove to them that he is really who he says he is (and that they MUST trust him lest their culture be destroyed), they will be afraid of him and/or hostile towards him.

Look at what happened to Jesus. He failed the tests to become a Hortator! :wink:

Love the video btw :D It takes a Gfree to do something like that! :)

- Coach

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next