It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Oblivion Mods 
Felix Rex

Post Oblivion Mods
Ok, started this in someone else's thread, but it really belongs here. I'm collecting good mods and putting them on Clankiller. I've created a page for them and such.

http://clankiller.com/games/oblivion/

Check the page for all current mods. Be advised that Qarl's Texture Pack III is really 1.7 GB (giga) big and it's not online yet... I'm FTP'ing it and it's gonna take another 2 1/2 hrs. :/ Assuming nothing blows up.

So, if you have other mods you'd like to see listed, please let me know in this thread. I need the name and preferably somewhere to download it without requiring login registration. I'd also like you to actually have tried the mod and made sure it was cool and worked.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Awesome stuff dude, I'm DL'ing the unofficial patch and elven map right now :)

Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:51 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, good stuff. The 1.7GB texture pack is now online. If too many people hit it I imagine my site could be shut down for excessive bandwidth use. :p Oh well, whatever. If you think your graphics card can support it, you need to seriously download it. Big difference.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 am
Emperor

/me bows down to Sat for placing this on HTTP.
Unfortunately, I think he is going to remove it as soon as google start putting it into the top of search query for oblivion mods.

Just Sat, there says it is "Unofficial Oblivion Patch 3.0.1", while download link says "3.0.0".

Plus, apparently, if you have 1.1.511 patch installed, you are stuck with it. Newer patch won't work.

And chances are huge your old saves won't work. Here the game crashes every times I start a dialogue. Restarting with the same face. (Oblivion Face Exchange Lite mod)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Here the game crashes every times I start a dialogue. Restarting with the same face. (Oblivion Face Exchange Lite mod)

The game crashes every minute actually. I will probably abandon it, reinstall original game and continue where I was before these mods heh. :)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Yea, good stuff. The 1.7GB texture pack is now online. If too many people hit it I imagine my site could be shut down for excessive bandwidth use. :p Oh well, whatever. If you think your graphics card can support it, you need to seriously download it. Big difference.

As Gfree says, I might just grab that before you start getting hit to much :?

have you installed it yourself Satis? If so, is it that good? the 800GT handle it on the same settings?

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 am
Felix Rex

yea gfree, sorry, you're right. There's a good chance that the unofficial mod and especially the OOO mod will cause crashes. For the latter, the readme has instructions on stuff you need to run in console to keep it from blowing up. I think. I can't recall, I just started a fresh game.

Regarding the mods, all of the mods on that page I have personally installed. Even with the mods installed I can still run at 1680x1050 with everything maxed out (HDR enabled instead of AA). I'll occasionally get some minor slowdowns or some stuttering as I'm loading new textures or whatever. But even with numerous actors in view the game is very playable.

As for the quality....yes, there's a big quality difference. The thing is, with the Qarl pack his replacements are very similar to the originals, just higher resolution. So everything just looks crisper, but not really different unless you compare closely.

I'm attaching some screenies for comparison. This is the same stuff I have uploaded on the page but I've trimmed it and stuck em together.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Don't trimm it up for too long, for you might run out of the time for playing. Since I discovered instability of the thing with all the patches, I just choose to play it as it has been originally made. It's not my fault but developers'. :)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good stuff. Wish i had a working PC right now so I could join the fun. Meh, i'll catch up with you bitches during the fall/winter madness. :)

Anyone up for posting Satis' link for that 1.5 gig bastard mod on random RPG forums all over the net? :twisted:

- Coach

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:33 am
Felix Rex

heh....whatever. It wouldn't be hard for me to disable the link. :roll:

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Another heads up about the OOO mod, I've just had to reinstall oblivion, crashes all over the shop :?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:57 pm
Emperor

I've seen this suggested elsewhere, anyone ever tried it? Looks interesting.

http://kvatch.net/index.php

Kvatch returned to glory, plus some other stuff by the sound of it.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:15 am
Felix Rex

blah, blocked by my workplace. :roll: But no, I haven't tried it.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Satis, I've been looking at the mods page agin, when I click on the Landscape LOD Replacements and Fixes links I get 404 error, or whatever it is...

Plus, I've tried to download Qarl's texture pack before and it gets to about 128Mb at disconnects...any idea why?

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next