It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Oblivion - Tyranus 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Regaining the city... :shock: :shock: ...man that was tough, the main hall..not so bad, but going to find the count was an eye opener, the scamps are ok if you are fighting 1 or 2, but the flame Astronach's beat my ass down...if I had one at a time I could handle it but I had 3 Astronach's and a couple of scamps..took about 4 attempts, finally settled on downing one then running like a bitch back to the hall where the others were..everyone died except Savlian Matius, and he spent half the time on the deck :roll:

Good fun, but i need to drop the archery for a while and get my blade skills trained a bit more. I've got a claymore with fire damage and enchanted one of the blades Katana's with Electrical damage...nice.. :twisted:

Affiliated with the fighters guild and the blades, I'll probably join the thieves at some point simply for more to do...currently hanging around the gold coast, taking in the scenery :)...tripping over the three oblivion gates :?

Next steps are to do some fighters guild quests and to plunder some dungeons :)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:38 am
Emperor

I had 3 Astronach's and a couple of scamps..

Sounds to me like time for lava diving. Have you heard that story about flutist who led an army of mice into a lake? :) I bet you have.

I finished the first oblivion gate at lvl 1 on my second play - simple fact that I didn't take sleep before I delivered Martin to the Cloud Ruler Temple. Actually even if I took a sleep, it would not change anything. I didn't have elements for next level so far.

When I start the next game, I will surely pick the major skills that I am most unlikely to use. A great way to finish the main quest at say lvl 3, 4 or even 2, heh.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:02 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And, BJ, stop restarting with different characters dammit! Stick with this one. ;) Yeah, at lower levels the fire atronachs of Kvatch are really hard to overcome...had the same problem (not to mention Daedroths who seemed virtually indestructible at the time :cry: ). But hey, you saved the city! You're the hero of Kvatch! I love the atmosphere you get in the cathedral were the survivors are pinned down btw.

Have fun on the gold coast...gotta love Oblivion's scenery. Why go on holiday when you've got a beautiful fantasy world right at home? :wink:

- Coach

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 am
Emperor

I keep getting this Satis, it will only let me post so much at a time...

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 am
Emperor

Heh, indeed...the world looks so good it just makes you want to explore, just to see new things...the highlight so far are waterfalls...just awesome.

Yeah, I know about the character thing, I drive myself nuts, its like I can't be content with just any old character, he/she has to be PERFECT for the game! Its honestly like some kind of obsessive disorder :? Gonna resist the urge now and get on with it, beat the game and then spam new builds :twisted:

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 am
Emperor

What I find quite funny is that you start with a character concept, and it ends up being totally different, my Nord started up as a sneaker/backstabber in leather, now due to circumstances he's in chainmail and having to take stuff head on...wierd...

The atmosphere was awesome, I appreciate it more now that I've cleared the city, the mess in the hall, etc and the fires were just unreal....its like I'm glad that the fight was so tough, it made you realize what the city went through...

Gfree: Unfortunately no lava in there, otherwise I would have been tempted :wink: How do you make them fall? I don't have knockdown ability..

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 am
Felix Rex

*edit* I don't know what the problem is, but I can't duplicate it. I can post things of arbitrary length with no problems */edit*

test

PART 1:

Heh, indeed...the world looks so good it just makes you want to explore, just to see new things...the highlight so far are waterfalls...just awesome.

Yeah, I know about the character thing, I drive myself nuts, its like I can't be content with just any old character, he/she has to be PERFECT for the game! Its honestly like some kind of obsessive disorder Confused Gonna resist the urge now and get on with it, beat the game and then spam new builds Twisted Evil

PART 2:

What I find quite funny is that you start with a character concept, and it ends up being totally different, my Nord started up as a sneaker/backstabber in leather, now due to circumstances he's in chainmail and having to take stuff head on...wierd...

The atmosphere was awesome, I appreciate it more now that I've cleared the city, the mess in the hall, etc and the fires were just unreal....its like I'm glad that the fight was so tough, it made you realize what the city went through...

Gfree: Unfortunately no lava in there, otherwise I would have been tempted Wink How do you make them fall? I don't have knockdown ability..

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I'm thinking it is some sort of issue with my work PC, this is my own, i just did the same thing you did and it was fine, so feel free to ignore :)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:46 pm
Emperor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:41 pm
Minor Diety

HA I love the arrow in each eye, that's amazing. I think I lost it now but once I had a screenshot of an imp that I managed to shoot right in the asshole, not a pretty sight!

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Yeah, its a shame that all of your links to pictures etc are dead now, nice for us late starters to see what everyone was doing :)

Update:

last night was interesting, I just did some quests, no MQ stuff..first up was the fighters guild rat problem, then the guy that was getting robbed in the docks area, that was TOUGH! I was not expecting 3 tough bitches in chainmail...that took a few attempts...then I did the female gang quest, again, got ganked the first attempt...some nice loot from the basement though..

Seriously, what is it with this game with its mobs in small confined areas?!

next up was the mage's guild rogue mage quest..pretty easy that one, but why she looked like a flame Astronach i have no idea...very strange!

After that it was the quest to find the mace for the 'buxom' farmer, again, a big surprise to get 2 guys running at you with enchanted weapons and dwarven armour on! :? Another TOUGH fight that took 2 attempts. Great loot though, made a lot of money from that one

Finished the night riding towards Skingaard, came across a camp (As you can see from the screenshot) and got attacked on sight by some crazy bitch and a black bear! proceeded to run backwards for about a goddamn mile pumping arrows, seriously, the bear took about 20-25 arrows to put it down...my wife doesn't usually take much notice in my gaming but that fight had her rofl! Crazy stuff but good fun.

Chose to end the night there. reached 6th lvl.

An observation...

It seems best to choose one weapon/style and to stick with it and max it, trying to be versatile, as I have been is getting me in trouble, with light armour and blade skills of about 42 I'm finding tough mobs VERY difficult!

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 am
Minor Diety

Love the top pic! And those robes are always cool. ;) Just wait until you get hold of the Black Hand robes!

- Coach

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:22 am
Felix Rex

Having run out of games to play (I'm kinda bored of Conan) I reinstalled this yesterday. I'm not out of the sewers yet in the beginning. I guess if I stick with it I'll start posting in my thread again.

Who'd have thought this forum would get so active again. :roll:

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

PART 2:
Gfree: Unfortunately no lava in there, otherwise I would have been tempted :wink: How do you make them fall? I don't have knockdown ability..

Heh, ok. I thought it was in the Oblivion realm.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

You can't keep a great game down Satis, let us know what kind of character you are playing :wink:

@Ox: There are some just plain black robes you get from the weylon priory (sp) off of one of the monks, just awsome..so if they are black then they will do for me :D

The top pic character was either a battlemage, pure mage or a custom, I found that the best style is to blast from range, then block away when they get close but laying in with the touch spells, hence the sword :wink:

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next