It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Oblivion - Tyranus 
Emperor

By the way, did anyone haves trouble doing scrren shots? Print screen doesnt seem to work :?

You have to activate it.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... tail&id=62

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

Update: Well, I shut the portal, man, what a bitch that was, pretty damn tough, but a great feeling :D

I'm now 5th lvl, taken martin to the haven and I'm now a member of the blades. Nice to get some better Armour, now decked out in full blades Armour :shock:

time to take a step back from the MQ I think, start to do more fighters guild stuff and earn more cash, only got about 300 gold at the moment...its like I saved a city, show me the goddamn money... :x

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:18 pm
Minor Diety

haha...well, you can just TAKE their money. Smash a few skulls and rob a few houses, just make sure you have a good fence because you can't sell (most) stolen stuff. :)

Good luck with exploring though. Fighter's Guild quests start out with the traditional "clear out the rats in my basement" errands but quickly become more involving.

- Coach

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:17 am
Emperor

Yeah, done the rats one, I need to get another assignment. :)

Looking again through peoples threads, how is everyone managing to boost their minor skills so much, especially the spellcasting? Restoration is something I use a lot, but not much destruction, and the knight gets no mysticism or alteration spells, etc. :?

Gotta figure out alchemy, I haven't used that at all yet. I'm pretty epic at speechcraft, although that wasn't difficult to figure out....

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:32 am
Minor Diety

Well, given your class of choice I wouldn't spend too much time dabbling with destruction anyway (it's not a primary skill, your intelligence probably isn't too high anyway and you have enough physical firepower as it is ;) ), but in general the only minor skills that level up high(ish) are the ones you use all the time passively (athleticism, acrobatics) or actively (minor healing).

If you really want to boost a minor magic skill, just buy a really short "utility" spell (nightvision, detect life, slowfalling, etc.) and put it in your spellslots and use it as often as possible. Even when you're just running somewhere in town. :)

As a knight you are proficient in illusion right? Which is boosted by personality? That's cool. Illusion is one of the most practical schools with spells like night eye, paralyze (!), calm/frenzy, light, etc.

I remember when I was a vampire and I first got the "hunter's vision" ability, basically a prolongued night eye spell combined with a detect life spell. What a difference it made in dark caves and dungeons! Instead of being somewhat uneasy about not seeing the danger in the dark, you became...the hunter. :twisted:

- Coach

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 am
Emperor

Yeah, its the night eye kind of spell I'm after...

(Speaking generally)The spells that annoy me are the ones that require a rank of say, 25, when you have no low level spell to increase that ability..maybe I just need to search more :wink:

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:54 am
Emperor

how is everyone managing to boost their minor skills so much, especially the spellcasting?

Simple: we used them. Whenever I was hit hard, I was retreating somewhere they can't follow me and was healing myself as long as it needed to take. In oblivion that were particularly places which you can reach either by creative acrobatics (way for me) or through lava (way for daedra, dremora and other minion crap). Poor scamps were burning out trying to reach me. Burn babes, burn. :D

I haven't tried this one, but someone may help before I see lava next time. Does water walk effect actually help with walking on lava without getting hurt? It would be interesting to try and nasty if it worked.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Lol, would be awesome if you pull it off, but an instant re-load if you don't :wink:

Yeah, pretty much what I thought, maybe I'm just concentrating to much of the major skills :)

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:07 am
Emperor

So...auto-leveling means that spamming major skills like speechcraft or alchemy is a bad idea...if you don't have the combat skills to back it up...Hmm...

I was messing about with a spellsword yesterday, still playing the main game, but It was incredibly easy to level, I reached 6 level by the time I had cleared the ruins opposite the sewer exit..this can't be right surely?

So how do you deal with that? Are stealth characters doable? they must get in trouble when you have to do the gates and have to get the sword out...

Still trying to learn all the workings of the game :?

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 am
Felix Rex

The gates can be done by hiding, running and jumping. Stealth in until you're seen, grab the crap and RUN. I think that's how I did a decent number of gates once the experience started getting old.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Rinox wrote:
Did you play Morrowind, btw?

I bet Rinox would not decline invitation for rockin` it if there was online multiplayer option. :)

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

did I ask you before? I can't remember. My brain is being tenderized by working here. *continues looking for other work*

- Coach

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:49 am
Emperor

did I ask you before? I can't remember. My brain is being tenderized by working here. *continues looking for other work*

You did ask me several times before if I played Morrowind. But here you sound to me like Morrowind actually has online multiplayer option. Tell me it does. :)

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Alas, no. :( There was a mod working on an online Morrowind application a while ago, but i think it was abandoned. What with MMORPG's coming unto the scene and all?

- Coach

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:57 am
Emperor

"My name is Jason, and I'm a compulsive re-starter :cry: "

Character: Nord custom class adventurer, majoring with Blade, Security, Marksman, Light Armour, Stealth, Armorer and Illusion..a real dungeon crawler, mostly sneak attacking with a lot of archery.

Ok, after much mucking about this is the one...honest... :? ....I'm currently 4th Level, although I wonder if I'm leveling too quick again..

I've closed the Kvatch gate and I've just helped to regain the city. The gate was pretty easy, well, it seemed easier than the first time I'd done one, the use of sneak attacks sure helped.

EDIT: Is there a limit to how much text you can post at once? If I write to much then it doesn't work :? Have to split it...

Last edited by tyranus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next