It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Oblivion - Tyranus 
Minor Diety

lol. don't feel bad Gfree, the world of Oblivion is so rich in variety that you can get distracted easily. And besides, your levelling up depends heavily on your primary skills in Oblivion. Back in Daggerfall, you had primary skills, major skills, minor skills and then a bunch of miscellaneous skills, which made it easier to level up because even the "trivial" skills counted towards your level. In Oblivion, only your primary skills count. Which is kinda skewed. :(

Did you play Morrowind, btw? I found Morrowind superior to Oblivion in terms of atmosphere, depth and freedom. Cyrodiil is very...standard fantasy. But Morrowind is an outskirt of the Empire, in an alien environment with strange practices and cultural aspects. In Daggerfall, you could even travel between the provinces of Hammerfell, High Rock and Sentinel, which are very different (Sentinel is sunny and arid, High Rock cold and mountainous etc.).

- Coach

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:51 pm
Emperor

Did you play Morrowind, btw? I found Morrowind superior to Oblivion in terms of atmosphere, depth and freedom.

I think you will find some of my comments on Morrowind here on CK. Despite many advantages (oh yes SPACE!!!, atmosphere of some - not all - environments, etc.) in overall impression I found Oblivion much more intriguing to explore, although knowing that Morrowind done in same fashion way would be much more ... huger.

There is the one... once I was so bored in Morrowind (and I didn't want to turn it off) that I got drunk, and then I ran around that Amaya lake in circles. I ran there till the DAWN (mine, not ingame's), then I went for Pelagiad and killed everyone there. Then I had fun with king/ruler's clothes before I decided it was enough.

Rinox wrote:
And besides, your levelling up depends heavily on your primary skills

Right. Probably I'd get the same if acrobatic or/and athletics were my major skills. Tip select the skills you'd never use as your major skills. That will be the way to stay eternally young (low level) in Oblivion.

Last edited by RB on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh yeah, now I remember. Entschuldigung. :) Promiñte!

(is that Serbian? I know it's Czech...)

- Coach

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:22 pm
Emperor

I don't get the word. But would get it if it was Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian or Macedonian. :) Any of those!

Last edited by RB on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha...well the Czechs used to tell me that their language is rather different from Russian et al (and most languages using cyrillic script), so maybe they were right. ;)

Alas, I don't know cyrillic so I can't write you in Russian. :( I do know that when I went to see a movie with a lot of Russian in it in Prague (Eastern Promises), I could sync a lot of the spoken Russian with the Czech subtitles. But that's about it.

- Coach

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:34 pm
Emperor

Each of that languages can be also written in Latin and still be understandable. But only in Serbian using Latin script is also grammatically correct.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Ox speaks the truth, I'm on my third start now ( :oops: ) finally settled on a knight..the bard was a bad combat choice, it was this or the rogue, so i went with the knight...much better in battle now.

I'm third level, started this evening, speechcraft is a major skill so I'm spamming the talking. I just hope that since the enemies level with you that I'll be up to combat, haven't done a mass of killing yet..

What level did everyone go into the first gate? i went to the city where the heir is supposed to be and come across the gate!

I think I'll hone the skills and get some decent gear before i go in there :?

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:50 pm
Minor Diety

Don't wait too long - just see where your fancy takes you. I was a very high level when I first entered Kvatch, and I had a HARD time getting through because of that. The streets were filled with Daedroth and Fire Daedra, both of which were more than a match for me. Much better to do Kvatch with scamps crawling around, trust me. ;)

Gfree, ty vole...mluvím jen trochu cesky, ale nemluvím srbský. ;)

- Coach

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:59 pm
Minor Diety

But you can't deny ox, Kvatch is a bitch at any level. I honestly think it's the only bit I had real trouble with (except maybe the end, til I realised you can just run ;))

Btw sorry to hijack the thread but er... take a look at this (and related videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeDC3IDt7jU

You'll be pleasantly surprised. And then want it. Bad. *claws at pc screen*

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Ja razumem čeÅ¡ki, ali da govorim ne znam. :) What do you think of Czech grils Ox btw? ;) I just ask, I never had contact.

Yesterday I was bit wasted after a hard day, so sorry for any bad spelling and short responses. Kvatch... I thought that one rather easy after I figured out I don't actually need to kill many creatures there. I just grabbed the stone and continued running till it teleported me back. I needed some time to explore the terrain in order to pass it efficiently thou. Using quicksaves did the job for me.

The hardest parts for me were indeed opening the big gate and the ending of the main quest, for you have to watch other's asses and not yours only. Every such part of the game is actually harder.

tyranus wrote:
What level did everyone go into the first gate? i went to the city where the heir is supposed to be and come across the gate!

I suppose I was 1st or 2nd lvl when entering the first oblivion gate. Even if I had conditions for leveling up, I think I didn't take any sleep before the first gate.

tyranus wrote:
I'm on my third start now ( Embarassed ) finally settled on a knight..the bard was a bad combat choice, it was this or the rogue, so i went with the knight...much better in battle now.

If an opponent was too hard (which was almost each opponent in the beginning for me) I was messing up with their AI. Either I was jumping somewhere where they cannot get, or getting them stuck before I fill them up with arrows. The biggest waste of opponents is when you fool them to fall down and die, but is still an excellent solution when it saves your life. :)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:

Ja razumem čeÅ¡ki, ali da govorim ne znam. :) What do you think of Czech grils Ox btw? ;) I just ask, I never had contact.

Apologies to BJ for slight thread derailment, but rest assured that I will continue to assist you on your Oblivion-related matters after this short excursion! ;)

A Gfree, to je poradkú...nerozumím nebo nepisú srbský. Nebo ceský, haha. :cry: ;)

As for Czech girls...they're gorgeous, really, and some of them are really nice. I had a Czech girlfriend for 6 months when I was in Prague. The only 'problem' I had with them is that they were sometimes a little bit slutty and/or materialistic. But on the whole, Czech girls are wonderful. :)

- Coach

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:08 am
Emperor

(sorry tyranus, I and Ox could move somewhere else)
Rinox wrote:
The only 'problem' I had with them is that they were sometimes a little bit slutty and/or materialistic. But on the whole, Czech girls are wonderful. :)

The more you go to the east, the more expressed 'that' will be. I once started a rant thread on that. A paradox I might add is that lately I got complains from Bulgarians that German girls are even worse than Bulgarian ones, which I can hardly believe. :) But I can tell that while an average Bulgarian is smaller than me, an average German girl is almost my size. :) Figure out the rest lol.

What about Belgian ones? Here I ask about height primarily. ;)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

They're pretty average height, I guess. 1.65m on average.

In the CR I had the idea that women were either short or very tall. My ex was 1.83m, obviously belonging to the latter group. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:02 am
Emperor

They're pretty average height, I guess. 1.65m on average.

In the CR I had the idea that women were either short or very tall. My ex was 1.83m, obviously belonging to the latter group. :roll:

When I come back home from Bulgaria where less than 1,60m is not unusual, I can't but hold breath when I see a girl taller than 1,90. A day ago I've seen an 'example' exceeding 2m, and she was still proportional. It's weird how small I feel at home and how big in Bulgaria, heh.

Ok, here I've finished hopefully. :)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Ox mate, how is slutty ever a bad thing :wink:

Well, I've entered the gate, only a little way in, the scamps are nasty little buggers, the fire damage is a pain in the arse :x

By the way, did anyone haves trouble doing scrren shots? Print screen doesnt seem to work :?

Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next