It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Oblivion - Tyranus 
Emperor

Night eye causes my eyes hurt. In my latest game I found a ring of night-eye in arrius lake caverns in the very beginning. Once I just had enough of it and threw it away (so I even didn't sell it).

I use starlight, moonlight, candlelight, etc. They are less ranged, but are at least still using kind of natural light.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
It was one of the destruction spells I think, Bretons have no bonus to destruction and its a slow levelling skill anyway, so I'm still at about 42 at 5th Level, but like Gfree says, when it hits 50 the magica requirement may look a bit more realistic.

loving the mage quests, haven't done anything other than that at the moment. The university kicks ass. Been sent to a ruin, managed to get rid of the pillar blocking the entrance so I can go explore :D

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:50 am
Minor Diety

I forget how far along the questline that quest is but...do you remember a quest involving water and a ring? ;) I liked that one.

- Coach

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:14 am
Emperor

Take the cheapest spell and cast it till your hands start bleeding from it... the skill rises equally no matter what is the cost of the spell you use, I think. However, for destruction you will need a living target, while for illusion I just locked up myself in my large basement in Anvil as an almost-journeyman and gone out as an expert. :D

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Ha ha, indeed, I suppose if I could be bothered I could just keep summoning and start blasting them but it would certainly take time...not always a good idea to over train otherwise you lack in other skills or level to quickly :wink:

@ox: Yeah, that was one of the recommendations, the Cheydinhal one iirc...strange stuff, but very interesting :wink:

I've made my mages staff, I've taken the lead from you ox, got myself a paralysing one heh

Got 2 on the go at the moment, I find it impossible to just stick to the one save, my quirks are getting worse :roll: Loving spellcasters though, Battlemage my favourite build at the moment. A custom 'proper' Battlemage of course.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 am
Felix Rex

I could've sworn you can pimp up destruction by just casting flares randomly. I didn't think hitting a target was required (though it probably would be for touch spells). It's been awhile, though.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I don't think so, it needs a target. A simple summoned skeleton sorts that out but destruction takes so long to level it would be hellishly boring :?

This is an indication of how many usages the skills need to level:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Increasing_Skills

As you can see, Destruction takes a long time and Restoration takes forever. Conjuration is the easiest, a good one to put as a minor skill.

I never realised how slow mercantile is to level...have to try that as a major...

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 am
Emperor

I never realised how slow mercantile is to level...have to try that as a major...

My work. Although I will probably pick it never again. Once you gain access to the arcane university, you can enchant enough pieces of robes to rise it drastically. Imagine, even with greater souls (brown bears): shoes, pants, shirt, two rings, necklace = 6 * 9 = +54 boost to mercantile. With grand souls (minotaur lords) +60 bonus.

If you can enchant a helm then it is all *7 i.e. +63 for greater souls, and +70 for grand souls. Oh, have I forgotten about gloves and pauldrons? Not sure if they can come in as a combination.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Well, I cleared the ruin, got hold of the elven helmet, and thought I better get the Kvatch gate out of the way, it went better than I expected, with my trusty scamp pet we managed to shut it, then did the battle of kvatch, man am I glad I with the staff of paralysation, the tactic was when faced with mobs I'd run through paralysing everything and let the soldiers beat them down, rinse and repeat, drained the whole goddamn staff!
Got through it in the end, but I need to get my hands on more welkynd stones :?

just off to try and figure out the mystery of the black soul gems, having a lot of fun with the mages guild :D

Just hit 7th level I think.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:25 am
Minor Diety

So I take it you're finally having less trouble with the levelling thing BJ? :)

- Coach

Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:19 am
Emperor

Yeah, its ok, mages are pretty fun, but they can get hurt pretty quick without armour and all your cash goes on spells :roll:

Even with a high destruction it takes a lot of 25 point spells to kill things...

So its fun but not that easy :wink:

12th Lvl now, doing stuff for Traven, got to go and find a couple of artifacts

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm
Minor Diety

Traven is such a self-righteous bastard. He even talks about himself in the 3rd person if you quiz him about the Mages Guild. :roll:

To be fair though, he's actually rather brave. But you'll get to that. :P

- Coach

Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:38 am
Emperor

To be fair though, he's actually rather brave. But you'll get to that. :P

Selfless. Guild über allem.

And when you find Mannimarco, you'll be almost sorry to trash him. When I met him, he fell on the ground faster than Owyn's grandma. "And she is dead", as he says. Heh... a necromancer ... dead ... a dead granny ... what a great union that would be. :P

Owyn is lot of fun. He pushes you just like a real trainer would do.

"I heard a rumor that you're an idiot. Any truth to that?"

By side that he certainly wouldn't like what I'd have to say on most of these jokingly provocations, if there was an option "type response". They're still meant for the people with limited verbal abilities. Aaaalright.. Jan is still king ... of kind ... there. :P

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh yeah, Mannimarco is a pansy. Don't get me started on that (and how inconsistent it is with lore). :roll: But maybe we should let BJ find out all that stuff for himself Gfree. :)

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:03 am
Emperor

I've actually read the king of worms book in the arcane library I think, he sounds a very uber demigod type of figure, I've read your thread a couple of times Ox, my fault if I caught anything spoiler-ithic :wink:

I gather that he's less than uber when you have to fight him and you don't believe it was the real king?

Idd, the book sounds like he's a figure capable of destroying entire armies.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next