It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Oblivion - Freeman: The other side of the medal 
Emperor

Post Oblivion - Freeman: The other side of the medal
Somehow I get feeling `Ox is a bit lonely here in his ways of creative malevolence and evilness. So, I consider to start playing another game parallely, but playing the total opposite of what I am now. Of course, I'd start playing from the point where I finished the main quest. Many things are to be accomplished aftermath. Maybe I should just start totally anew instead, for I might want to change the race and other basic stuff - but the MQ would be kind of bit boring to do two times. :)

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Awesome :) good luck Gfree, bring us back some heads! :twisted:

And make sure you enjoy the Dark Brotherhood quest to the fullest, it's a brilliant piece of gaming. The Thieves' Guild has a nice quest or two as well, but they're not too keen on you slashing throats in the process (not that should stop you, though...I vividily remember walking through the front door, cutting down the house owner and then her two body guards, for just a locket or such. Then I escaped in the night, over the roofs of the waterfront shacks. I was a bouncy Khajit back then. ;) )

Erh...anyway. Have fun!!

And check this out:

http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatal ... roductId=7

- Coach

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm
Felix Rex

indeed, the dark brotherhood quests are probably one of the highlights of Oblivion, which is pretty damned good anyway. You should certainly check it out if you're going the dark route.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Meh, I might just continue where I am currently. Autoleveling discourages me to start a new game or continue from an older save. Of course, this play will be separated from the other storyline. :) Let me think who will be the first victim.

Oh, and by the way, does quest break if I kill the contact too?
(Hm.. I guess no. That would be irrational.)

Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It does. The DB isn't too pleased with outsiders killing its more high-ranking members. :wink: So refrain from slashing his throat, there'll be plenty of chances to kill later on. Some even...questionably so. :P

- Coach

Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:30 am
Emperor

Ok, the quest is thrilling - I will give it that - but as a Hitman fan I can't miss to direct some serious critics to the creators of this quest for not having glance at that game.

And again, due to the mentioned screenshot bug, I lost some of valuable images. But I will try to replace them with the words. :)

So where we were? I need a first victim. Somebody worthy enough of that role, somebody who does have what to lose with death and who appreciates it. I have chosen the retired fisherman from Weye, Aelwin Merowald. Recently, I've completed his quest, securing him comfortable rest of life, and getting the valuable rumare ring. Thus I know how much he wished to reach that stage of his life. He also lives alone and would not suspect anything which made him also a perfect target, that will die asking itself "why". The evil on deed. I snuck on him the next night, leaving him in bed where I found him. He won't be worrying about the money he got anymore. Still I did not take anything, because I already took what I wanted.

Alright, now to that guy, Lucien Lachance. He is sort of the guy I'd attack as he starts to speak. But since I was going to play this quest, I let him do his little speech and go unscratched. There and later I really liked whenever I had chance to [say noting] on whatever somebody says / asks. Now, that detail reminds me somewhat of that guy, Jason although it is actually unrelated.

Now, to the first assignment? No, lets first explain the tactics I use. (1) I know there is probably way to use poison (actually I got a poisoned apple at some point) but all the victims, except few who are meant to die otherwise, were backstabbed with a daedric long sword. (2) The ring of Gray has proven as very useful for observing the people through walls. (3) The DB gear I received makes sneaking easier and there is a spell called Ghostwalk in case something goes wrong. In overall, I was never unwillingly detected. (4) My paralyzing mage's staff also helped me take down some harder opponents without sweating at all. (5) I never let any soldier see me wearing DB gear and hardly someone who didn't die could have seen it on me.

Now, I guess we all killed a Rufio. :) This one flew from his bed after backstabbed. And so we begun with gaining access to the sanctuary in Cheydinhal. A spooky door thou.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

First to that pirate captain. Couple of weeks beforemath, I've already cleaned all pirates outside the ship, for they were too jumpy on anybody who would even talk to them. I jumped on the ship and they all went after me. Some of them remained on street, some of them died underwater (I had the ring of Rumare :) ). The captain was rather a paranoid son of a bitch, impossible to sneak on, on my level. That's why I went for something else. Instead of hiding, I just used my paralyzing staff and had short work on him. When the pirates from the lower deck wanted to come in, I tested the Ghostwalk spell, for I didn't know at that point, whether they are going to come from outside or from the lower deck (which I stated later with a bit of exploration) - 2 - Ghostwalk spell - They didn't suspect a thing.jpg.

The next one led me to Bruma. Having a backdoor to the basement and a bit of exploring made this one fairly easy too. I again used Ghostwalk to sneak near the guard when getting out and back in to the basement. The rest is a legend. It was just funny looking that the guard stood in a position, as if he had blew off the boss' brain. See it yourself. (3 - Well, it is actually not as it seems.jpg)

In the next assignment we came to the very guy that used to mock me while I was in the prison, in the beginning of the game. Like said, the Ring of Gray and Ghostwalk spell made it fairly easy to sneak through and near anything that came up. (4 - Seeing them through walls.jpg)

Then we came to the quest in Chorrol, where I didn't show up anything new. I cut the guy once with the enchanted knife and then I paralyzed another assassin before I went out, and used again Ghostwalk to make sure even guards do not see when I leave the city. Then I slept till the night in Weynon priory, and left to pick up the guy in the chapel. Two zombies that were standing in the way are even not worth of mentioning. :)

Uh, now to that quest with the High Elven guy that needs to be eliminated without any witnesses. I admit, it was hard to me to find anything since I understood the guy is constantly on the streets. As well, the red/green arrows that are appearing serve only as a disinformation. After I got tired of the streets, I tried out the hotels, and you guess how soon I found the guy. A very ridiculous bug is that this guy has two sorts of dialogues: his (retarded) and generic (normal), which made me think for a moment he was kinda joking when talking to me. I paid the room in the hotel, to get rid of any suspicion and observed him, sitting in the lobby. After he went sleeping, I followed him. Ring of Gray has again proven useful when observing people through walls / doors. I was waiting in front the room, using "wait" function with step one hour. About 2 a.m. the guy stood up, signifying my bingo. :) After I followed him (5 - Just like in hitman series.jpg <-- this one just reminds me of Hitman games. Pay attention to the gloves I wear) to the abandoned house, I got he wants Skooma. There I was lucky before I already seen one in The Shady Sam's store. I ran for it and as I came back I got the key for Lorkmir's house. For I was there before the target, I found out that Lorkmir has actually been killed. Strange, but I didn't touch anything. As the target arrived, I had short work of him.

The "Bad Medicine" quest contained nothing special. Only sneaking in the way I already described.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Now to a funny thing: Invitation to the Party. ;) I was to get locked with other five people in a house. All five are targets. The key is in my possession from the beginning. Lets start with how was I dressed. Heh, it's a party. ;) (6 - Party time.jpg)

The second thing that is important is that I never let a character see that I have any weapon in possession at all. And now follows what I discovered / used about those people:

- If I direct Matilde Petit to the basement before the first kill has been done, she'll stay there for a while
- I need to know that Primo Antonius burns for Dovesi Dran, before I can pin her in a room alone (assuming that Matilde is yet in the basement) by sharing that with her and telling her to wait for him upstairs.
- There is apparently an ex-soldier (Naville), and he is first to be taken care of.

I first spoke with Primo about Dovesi and then sat on a nice piece of furniture and waited (7 - Can you believe this guy plans on killing 5 people.jpg) for Naville to go sleep. Then I gone up the the room with Dovesi and Matilde, who were sleeping too. To the first I told about Primo (she remained in the room) and the second left for the basement after my small clue. ;)

After a minute, I took Naville, then Dovesi and then ran to the basement for Matilde.

What REALLY bugged me about this quest, is that the other contestants (including Dovesi and Matilde) knew for murders before seeing the bodies, which is pretty ridiculous. All of these three died alone, isolated in rooms and soundless. That's what greatly spoils the quest. So much can I say, as a Hitman fan. :)

After these murders, both survivors gone paranoid. If I spoke to any of them about another, they would try to kill each other, which was not my wish. Lucily, Nels retreated to the basement, leaving me and Primo alone. In short Primo was dead too, and paranoid Nels didn't even see me coming for him in the basement. Since everybody seemed to be enchanted by the "beauty" of the Dunmer girl, I decided to take few shots for Sat. :) Not that I like it, but who knows what tastes are. (8 - Card from the party.jpg, 9 - Card from the party 2.jpg)

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I discovered what probably messes up the screenshots. From time to time, Oblivion crashes. The monkey developers probably haven't made a screenshot counter that saves every time you make a new screenshot, but upon a normal exit from the game.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

With assassination of Adamus Phillida I probably had bloody luck. As I arrived to Leyawiin, the guy was swimming in the small lake and I was between two houses in a perfect position for a clear and unseen shot. However, in the end I got 40gp bounty, from some dumb reason. Probably the target saw the arrow in the last second and used the innate transmitter in his head to charge me via wireless network for its death. (sorry, pick a non wi-fi zone for assassination the next time :D ) Placing the severed finger in the desk was piece of cake.

After this I got so loved quest of purification. Although Rinox' heart was probably tearing apart, this was the very first time I was murdering from pure joy, knowing that I am getting rid of murderers. :twisted:

By the way, `OX. I have a question for you at this point. Somebody there was a traitor, obviously. Do you know who was it? I am bloody suspecting that girl, Antoinetta Marie, for her fast tongue hit some keywords. :) Thou, there were other strange people too, so I might be wrong.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

After all, I just can conclude that I'd sooner finish couple of HM2/HM: Contracts missions than doing all this monkey stuff from today. :) No wish to insult, but there were some seriously buggy things that made me wonder how could Bethesda release it in such state. They have an excellent engine, excellent environment, very rich assortment of very everything, I just fail to realize what's the matter with them. :)

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Finding the door below was one of the greatest moments in the game for me. :D

http://forums.clankiller.com/download.php?id=1990

Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:37 am
Minor Diety

Oh, you'll have to wait and see who the traitor is. ;) Have you played the questline some more by now?

- Coach

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Emperor

Meh, I abandoned that. Today I opened it again and got this in the end.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]