It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Oblivion - Tyranus 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Post Oblivion - Tyranus
Years after everyone else I've finally become hooked to this game :D

My first character was a female Breton Spellsword, but my gaming style was pretty different to that class, during one quest I started heavily using speechcraft and sneaking, so I started a new one.

Now she's a Imperial Bard, bithsign is the thief, I basically sneaked through the opening dungeon/sewer, I love the sneak damage :D (Other than the class skills, my sneak is already 'apprentice') , and now I've just gone up to the imperial city for some equipment and I'm literally talking to everyone I can find and maxing their disposition! I figure you never know when that can come in handy, right? It seems to get you some decent deals, combined with haggling. It also means they open up with more information at times. Useful in the missing picture quest I did with my last character.

I'm using light Armour, I'm hoping that when the going gets tougher later that this chick can deal with it, but she just kind of feels right at the moment if you know what I mean!

Using a blade mostly after the obligatory backstab, occasional archery, hardly used magic yet, just the initial healing spell, I'm hoping to get some useful spells at some point, even if they are more buffs, utility spells than the 'Big bang'

A question on guilds though, do you have to stick to the one or can you join whoever you want?

More after the play session tonight :)

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:14 am
Stranger

You should tinker with alteration spells (i think thats the one that affected how much you can carry etc.) The game is fairly easy so dont worry about the fights. Its all about hauling ass when the going gets tough.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:15 am
Emperor

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:52 am
Emperor

Welcome! I will call you to try and join the club of naked women shooters. :D Look mine and Satis' topics for more hints.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I've read through literally everyones, trying not to read spoilers of course :wink:

I'll post a picture of the first arrow ridden naked chick as soon as possible :twisted:

I'm not getting the magic bit, anyone got any clues of how to get it? your class skills , sure..but other stuff...no idea.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:18 pm
Felix Rex

well, you have to buy the spells. Then to level em you just use them. And once you buy the spells you can combine them into new spells. At least, I think you have to buy them..it's been a LONG time.

Regarding guides, you can join them all at the same time if you want.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Update:

Played about an hour and 1/2 last night, picked up some better quality armor and a nice steel longsword, I'm still on a one woman mission to charm everyone I meet heh...you must get XP from persuasion because the only real fighting I've done is to clear the bandits from the ruins across from the prison, and I've hit 3rd lvl!

Walked to a nearby town, had a WTF moment waking up in an inn, some guy just walking around my room, turned out he invited me into the fighters guild, which I plan to do at some point.

LOVING the game now, just so much to do if you want to play that way, I can't believe that people would want to rush through this game...I haven't even started the MQ yet, wish I could sell that damn pendant :twisted:

No pics yet, I keep forgetting, will post abilities, etc tonight.

EDIT: Is it possible to learn spells from scrolls? If so I cant figure out how :?

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:45 am
Minor Diety

Nope. Kinda retarded but hey. :( You're right to enjoy the scenery and just go around exploring things. That's how you stumble unto the more 'magical' quests, ie the ones that don't feel like they'll happen even if you're not even trying to complete them. :roll: (Main Quest et al)

Say my regards to the people of Hackdirt if you run into them. ;) do you consider yourself evil or good btw?

- Coach

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:48 am
Emperor

Yeah, I know everyone loves Crysis, but even 2 years on this game is a thing of beauty, I'm doing just dumb things like going up a mountain to see what the view is like, etc... :oops: I plan to pretty much explore the entire map just for the hell of it.

I haven't really decided whether good or evil yet to be honest, I'm kind of making 'natural' decisions at the moment. She's looking after herself without being evil as such. I'd say neutral at the moment.

I haven't killed any innocents yet, just those that attack first, but hell, that may change later if I get a good offer...I do need cash...:wink:

Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:52 am
Stranger

If you buy that addon spellbooks or something then you will come across a few books that teach spells.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:03 am
Emperor

Yeah, I had a look at the online store, I'm wondering if I should get the knights of nine and a couple of others...it just sort of seems like..well, cheating :?

The books I mean.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:35 am
Minor Diety

I recommend the wizard's tower, even if your character is a lousy spellcaster. It's just the coolest 'normal' spot, a tower high in the hardy mountains, featuring a teleportation device to every major city, an alchemical garden, a large library and much much more useful goodies for any mage and non-mage. :)

If you're going down the depraved road of vampires and murderers (my first char), the Vile Lair won't disappoint your either. :twisted:

- Coach

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:38 pm
Stranger

Yeah, I had a look at the online store, I'm wondering if I should get the knights of nine and a couple of others...it just sort of seems like..well, cheating :?

The books I mean.

Its not like they are raining down from the sky. They are quite rare and limited in number i think. Well i havent found all the books but so far they are just average spells, nothing spectacular.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:40 am
Emperor

thanks, sounds good, i might get those. :)

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:16 pm
Emperor

Played about an hour and 1/2 last night, picked up some better quality armor and a nice steel longsword, I'm still on a one woman mission to charm everyone I meet heh...you must get XP from persuasion because the only real fighting I've done is to clear the bandits from the ruins across from the prison, and I've hit 3rd lvl!

You've hit the 3rd level after 90 minutes of playing? I feel like a `tard. I didn't even reach Jauffre going by straight line in that time.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next