It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Oblivion - Freeman 
Emperor

Post Oblivion - Freeman
This is my 1983rd post. The 1983 is also the year of my birth. That's why I have chosen to post about this a bit earlier than it will actually start. I plan on running Oblivion on this mech and do everything it takes to finish the game. Here I might post videos (be the mech able to render and record) and screenshots of that. I will look in the other six topics for the other ideas:

http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1718
http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1723
http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1726
http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1728
http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1719
http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1725

Last edited by RB on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

heh, the same for me. In March.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:14 am
Emperor

In March.

End of January. :P

Alright guys, I created the character. The guy looks like he's going to write a novel while spending days in prison. But in fact I got another plans for him: he'll be an assassin, brutal by preference. Tomorrow I will see how he's kicking ass.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yay Nord, that's what I always choose. Look forward to following your adventures in Oblivion; just started again myself (lost my previous save with the main quest completed *cries*)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I just apologize guys for missing the fact there is six such topics an not only two.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

no worries on the postage. Looking forward to your exploits in the lands of Oblivion.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Soft melee is a good choice. Atleast its more challenging.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:06 am
Emperor

So far, I'm on my way to visit Chorrol by traveling on foot. I've found it rather difficult to fight opponents directly. I rather sneak on them or take them by bow and arrows while standing on a place they cannot reach (due to the sucky AI I suppose).

The other thing that was (probably) badly done is hiding. There are some ruins and a Khajiit bandit attacks you if you don't give 100 gold. Since it happens that the guy lose me from sight for more than a minute, it would be logical for him to at some point ask himself "where did he go?" or in a Arx Goblin's style, to start calling: "You nice human. Me be good to you. Where's humaaaaan, I got a nice present for you har har har." I mean it should be possible that the opponent lose track of you, allowing you to backstab him and retreat again.

Am I right that Oblivion does not support the second one?

There are also space glitches. I am standing on a stone, out of reach of a bandit girl. She hits the stone, on a considerable distance from me, but the damage is being done to me. Crap.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You can do that, if you're a stealth character who's fast, good at sneaking and (optionally) has spells like chameleon or invisibility. But a Nord isn't exactly know for his lightfootedness and magical ability. :roll:

No worries though, you can just as well become an assassin in the less subtle sense of the word: someone who just rushes head on and smashes skulls. It will cost you some cash and a lot of trouble on some 'endeavours', but nothing bad on the whole.

Good luck with your char, looking forward to your progress!! :)

- Coach

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:58 am
Minor Diety

Have you installed any mods? There are quite a few I could recommend.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:03 am
Emperor

Haha, I loved the part where a band hijack the ship-tavern while your sleep. There you get the chance to answer on the question "who you are". Guess where's the answer "I'm just a ship cook." from: Under Siege. Again, I loved it. :wink:

So far, I didn't find anything else impressive enough to shot.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

These tower climbings when closing Oblivion gates remind me fully of MDK 2 stuff. Toast to the Oblivion's originality!

Thou it is too hard piece of work for me by now. I will stay out of all that stuff for some more time.

Two more things:
- It happens to me to jump from stone to stone and then suddenly fall through one of them, as if it does not exist.
- I was evading a wolf chase. A wolf missed the jump and died from the fall. Ha! :P

Err, I guess I should've taken shots of that. No matter, I will in the future.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

If you're high at sneak, you can sneak through most of the Oblivion Gate missions. I invested heavily in sneak and also got armour that gave me a hefty bonus. Also, all those gates do get boring in the end, so I like to fast-forward them.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:13 pm
Minor Diety

Agreed that the gates get boring, once they start to repeat themselves... *sigh* Still I would often run through ignoring most of the mobs (not a sneaker here) until I got to the central towers, then took great pleasure killing anything in there and dropping the body down the middle

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:37 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I'm taking a break. Much work to be done.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next