It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Oblivion - Freeman 
Emperor

I'm taking a break. Much work to be done.

But that doesn't mean I will not seek outlet in the game from time to time. Truth to say, I was enough sorry that I didn't make any screenshot more since the start, that I started from a save that I made just before I arrived to Weynon Priory, so this story starts there (you know yet what was before: escaping the prison, selling some needless goods, taking the way to the Weynon Priory, meeting two bandits and probably two wolves and few rats on the way).

After I gave off the Amulet of Kings, I took again a long walk to Kvatch. The map (01 - movingtothekvatch.jpg) will show that my movement was via next points:
- Narfinsel
- Morlag Bal's Shrine
- Fort Wooden Hand
- Gottlesfon Priory
- Brindle Home
- Bleat Flast Cave
- Miscardcan
- Ra'sava Camp

On my way, I backstabbed (6x) two wolves, who fell immediately after the hit. The first one I missed to shot, but the second one was shot after the hit.

I was traveling under the cover of night, and arrived to the Kvatch in early morning, but from its west side (03 - arrival to kvatch.jpg). As a still-newbie, I was unable to climb although I was trying. In the end, I succeeded to cope with it exactly on the place where the camp is. There I met one more wolf and realized how good is it when your armless opponent can reach only your blade, and not you as well. (04 - stubborn wolf.jpg) :D

And here is another notice. By the camp, I needed only one step more to get to the flat ground when the panicking guy started talking to me. Eh, well, in the reality I'd expect dude to give me some hand so that I can make the last step before we start the conversation. But, nope, it's a game world.

I went up and without talking about help entered the Oblivion gate. I used the tactics that pev suggested i.e. I ran through the thing, taken the key and reached the stone. Sadly, I was so excited about the part that I forgot to take any shots there. Oh well, now you say there is much more of those. One reason not to do it once more just for taking illustrative shots.

When it was all over, I took Martin (this time I took no walk, but just jumped via the map) to the Weynon Priory. Where was a battle awaiting.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by RB on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

After the battle with some more fanatics (I don't have a more proper name) we took horses and begun the journey to the Cloud Ruler Temple at nearly night. It was really pleasing to see the night patrolling soldier although they were not of much help with two wolves and two bandits we had to deal with on the journey. (05 - pleasant to see the patrols.jpg)

Well, it was not that pleasant to see a patrolling soldier getting on the bridge all together with his horse just in the moment we are on it too, since in the reality I don't know if the bridge of that kind would survive the weight (four riders with horses). See it yourself. (06 - whoa, ain't we too much.jpg)

By the first tracks of dawn we were near Bruma, and in the early morning we arrived to the Cloud Ruler Temple (07 - arrival to the cloud ruler temple.jpg).

After all, I was sent back to the Imperial City, and here comes an interesting part. As I threw a look from a stone near the temple, I realized how close the Imperial City actually is (08 - this is a damn small place.jpg) - OK, it's not that close as a naive observer could conclude, but it is still close. I decided to go there by foot (without the goddamn horse of course) and see what happens next. :wink:

By the way, I consider to end the main quest by cheat at some point, if I get too bored. 8-) I guess all of you have heard of the paint brushes stuff. :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Ok, I gone down, doing series of jumps, repetitively damaging and healing myself. Just on this way down I think I increased Acrobatics for 5 pts and Athletics for 2 pts. But since I mostly sticked to the road, I had to have four eyes open. On my way down, I met a bandit archer, an unfriendly girl with her dog, about five wolves two crabs and a rat.

I was lucky to notice the archer from a cliff, so I had time to take cover till he comes. (09 - do you see that bastard archer down there.jpg) I was hiding behind a stone, till he came close enough. Then I waited for him to throw an arrow before I jumped on him and striked him with the blade till he fell. Truth to say, he succeeded to throw one more arrow and hit before he died. (10 - here's he, dead.jpg)

Further I found some ruins that I wanted marked on the map so I came closer. At first I noticed a dog, but I thought it was a wolf. I didn't expect human presence there so I circled in order to sneak on the wolf. After a while I heard a human voice screaming. Oh, the horror, I realized the mistake in the moment. I had to move fast to take cover, since the girl was an archer, but the dog ran on me. It was a short work. Soon I sneaked among the stones to the girl and took her practically in the same way as the previous archer.

Following the Satis' school :wink: I took my time and de-armored the dead lady and tried to place her in an natural position. Yet, with little swapping the inventories (in the meantime I discovered she had Iron Bow, while mine was Rusty Iron Bow so I swapped them) a bug occurred. The girl got both bow and arrow bag on the back and it was impossible to remove them by emptying her inventory. Heh. (11 - bug with the arrow bag.jpg)

In the end I came to the lake. I know there is a special breed of slaughterfish in that part of the lake, but I know as well how frustrating was for me before to find the damn 12 pieces of scales (in fact, I found only 11 and gave up, rollbacking to a save before the quest), so I swum over the lake without any fear.

As I reached the city walls, I used the map to jump to the merchant district while it was still day. The first thing to do was to visit the Fighting Chance to finally repair the weapons, and the second thing was to visit the Three Brothers place to sell the stuff I didn't need. After that, I headed to the Elven Garden District to meet Baurus.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Alright. From this point on I am not a maggot anymore but a real adventurer :wink: so I won't tell you the tale about the damn plot you all know about but the things characteristic for my game. I've decided to stick to the main plot as much as possible till I finish it (even if the cheat I mentioned above be necessary) and then turn on the other quests.

Bug again? Fatal?
What I found really buggy is the quest with Gwinas in composition with the working times. After the clue of Tar-Meena, I visited the first edition and talked to the holder, after which we were expecting Gwinas. So far I understood, to activate Gwinas' movement and get him inside, you have to go outside. Usually players probably follow him all the way and wait for him to enter but see what happened: when I finished taking to the bookstore owner, it was 7:56p.m. He works till 8:00p.m. I went out and watched Gwinas' progress. As he entered in, I just realized the shop was closed. I got stuck. Then I reloaded a save and tried to wait there in for 12 hours till 7:56a.m. the next day. I waited but when I went out, Gwinas wasn't about to enter anymore. There was nobody on the streets after 8:00 a.m. Dead end. Then I tried the third thing that worked. After the talk with the bookstore owner at 7:56 I went out for very short and came back. Surprise! Gwinas was already in the bookshop, although outside he was on the other end of the street. Excellent. I watched the transaction, talked to Gwinas and got the book along with the clue where to get the fourth volume. Honestly I do not want to know or explore whether this bug results in total lost of Gwinas and the book or in breaking the plot. But it is nasty.

Joined any guilds?
Nope. And I don't think I will. I refused Jauffre's offer after the arrival to the Cloud Ruler Temple.

House?
The gold is too low at the moment, especially considering I am going to use it to get some skills, but I will definitely give the last penny for the one in Anvil.

Pity
You have two handed weapons but you cannot have two one handed at the same time, like in BG. Or I am doing something wrong.

I am paranoid
I often see living (threating) beings in some distant objects. Right about now I've thought I see some sort of, monster although it was just a part of a bigger stone that wasn't under shadow like its rest. Lets describe the monster like an Ettin (although there's no Ettins in Oblivion).

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Enjoying reading this GFree, keep it up. Oh and you'd be surprised what weights those bridges can support; I've been on some pretty flimsy seeming bridges with a whole host of horses and they do tend to hold up. The one in the screenie actually looks pretty sturdy compared to some I've been on!

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

What I hate is when you get some "help" and in the end you have to save them to ensure richer plot later. It is about Baurus now. I just do not know why do I have to go to the sewers with him when I can do the whole work alone, and more efficient. Yes, I got the fourth book and waited for Tar-Meena to give me the clue about the first words of the paragraphs. I put the first words together, but still could not make much sense. In order to make all that shorter, I peeked somewhere and realized it is about the first letters. Great.

About the tower shadow, I am not sure why it wasn't appearing here even on best settings and sunny weather, nor why I didn't notice the arrow that bugged pevil, but I compared positions of the sun and the tower to realize that what I am looking for is just right from the entrance to the area.

Now, we come to the moment when you find the Lake Arrius Caverns. They ask you to give up all your items? No dude, just throw them all when you enter the cave and run back to pick them up after you receive the red robe. You'll be ready to go since nobody will check you.

On the altar I decided to free the Argonian and in the same second put all my wear and start slashing the closest target. I do not remember exactly how the battle was going, but it was a though one. I spent about six weak potions of healing, two potions of healing and all my magicka during the battle. And having in score about 1+ HP left. I pictured the screen, but first after I restored and already spent my whole magicka on healing, and then again waited for it to restore and started using. (13 - aftermath.jpg) My character just ain't for massive and direct strikes. Huh, but I've done it. Since it become quite quiet there, I didn't want to use more potions so I waited for magicka to restore and healed myself by magic. My healing spell advanced once in the process. For that time, I decided to put myself on some creative work (Satis' inspiration again). Not too decent work, but worth picturing. (14 - this needs flesh to stone spell.jpg)

I wasn't touching the book on the altar. As I was renewed, I went to the corridor where I came from. There, I backstabbed every single guy but one whom I took by surprise - I couldn't approach that one without being in his FOV but there was a pillar that allowed me to approach close enough to leave him no time to transform. They didn't stand a chance while my char remained untouched.

After that I took the book, and took the way through another gate, the foolish Argonian just started running like a fly without head and tried to get through them by a frontal attack. I tried to follow and protect him, we both got killed. I tried to talk to him to hold him in a place but the guy just refused to talk so I let him go and die. He actually died on the next corner which left me much space for my scheme: most of them I backstabbed one by one either by the bow (x3) or by the steel short sword (x6). They didn't know what hit them. I got picture of four of them who were taken by bow in the matter of seconds. They were taken from a corridor that's under the position where is the image taken from. (15 - part of the massacre.jpg) I consider my character to be a green newbie in this sport. I can imagine how powerful can a more experienced backstabber be.

That's all for now folks. I've spent too much time playing. :wink:

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

haha, good stuff. Glad I've had such an impact on your game. :lol: I started the whoels tripping chicks naked thing in Morrowind... definitely rocks. If there's ever an Elder Scrolls MMO, I'll probably have people confused why there're so many dead, naked women.

Anyway, nice to see you progressing gfree. It tempts me to reinstall the game.

I'm curious, why aren't you joining any guilds? Some guilds are a great deal of fun. Especially one secret guild. :twisted:

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I'll probably have people confused why there're so many dead, naked women.

Well, the authorities would probably start investigating you for disturbing the public order by obscene rituals. :P No more, no less. Once they state you are not a cult of sort, they would suggest you to avoid roads in your doings in order not to have further problems with them. :twisted:

Satis wrote:
I'm curious, why aren't you joining any guilds?

Guilds, obligations. I like working for my own sake and not responding to anybody. In fact, why can't I ground my own guild or even form contra-guilds who would fight mine?

I didn't know Arena is a guild, thou, nor I accept to treat them like that. But I may certainly go there to get some XP and gold or to steal goods from the dead as a spectator when I reach enough acrobatics.

I still want that house in Anvil.

p.s.
Yay, my previous post was 2000th.

Last edited by RB on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You can do the guild quests whenever you like, there's no hurry when you join one (or all of them).

I've never been able to keep the Argonian alive either. Nothing works for the sucker. At that quest I always go frontal assault. In the room with the shrine I start sniping with my bow from above, then take out anyone that comes up the stairs.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:59 am
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
I'm curious, why aren't you joining any guilds?

Guilds, obligations. I like working for my own sake and not responding to anybody. In fact, why can't I ground my own guild or even form contra-guilds who would fight mine?

Like Satis said, there's one "covert" guild that should appeal to your character. ;) I'm surprised they didn't contact you already, did you kill any innocents yet? They're not really a guild in the strict sense of the word, more like a collection of 'freelancers'. ;) And they have the best guild storyline in Oblivion!

But maybe it doesn't fit you character. :) Keep the stories going btw, great fun reading them. Almost tempted to repost my old Oblivion vids. ;)

- Coach

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:09 am
Emperor

I created a custom class character. By now I killed only hostile characters, although I do not know what is it about, counter said also I stole but quite few things, and I do not have idea what you are talking about. :P I will look for that in web by the next chance.

Yet, what you mention, I've heard once in the Wawnet Inn region. I've been told that when I kill someone, some X group, forgot the name, will contact me and that is how they recruit new members.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, that set of quests truly is one of the best in the game.

Well, some of the god quests are great too. Daedra or whatever.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah. And perhaps we'll just let you run your own course in the game; if you feel like becoming a murderer you can still see what your options are. :P

As for stealing...the thieves' guild only contacts you if you get caught. ;) The irony is that you 'need' the thieves' guild for their network of fences, so you might as well get caught once.

Have you played other Elder Scrolls games? Just testing how much you know about the world of Tamriel and its guilds. ;)

- Coach

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:24 am
Minor Diety

The game saying you stole stuff when you didn't is a bug, I forget what it's caused by but I had the same thing, told me I'd stolen some daft amount of things when I hadn't even stolen one item.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

As for stealing...the thieves' guild only contacts you if you get caught. ;) The irony is that you 'need' the thieves' guild for their network of fences, so you might as well get caught once.

Hmm i joined thieves guild and didn't get caught stealing. Dunno how that worked though. I think you could find some clues about the mystery leader and then you got contacted or so.

Anyway: i think you got it wrong here Ox :P

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next