It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Oblivion - Freeman 
Minor Diety

lol, yeah, those are known as "first-gen-ragdoll-physics-deaths" ;) First time I saw them was in the original Far Cry. Many a merc died that way...well unless you used the shotgun and blasted them to the other side of the room. ;)

- Coach

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 am
Felix Rex

I wish people would pick up the Soldier of Fortune deaths, where you can remove body parts. Popping someone with a shotgun or sniper rifle is much more satisfying if they lose a limb or two.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Don't you dare infest my Oblivion topic with another games. :!:

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Well, Oblivion would be more satisfying if you could hack off a limb or behead someone. Though actually there are mods to allow that.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Well, Oblivion would be more satisfying if you could hack off a limb or behead someone. Though actually there are mods to allow that.

(makes sly trader's voice)
That's it: It's one point less for Bethesda! More! Who gives more?

Although I don't find mutilation itself satisfying. It's the cries that those people/creatures make, just like in Delta Force series, or maybe in Arx Fatalis, heh. :twisted: There is even a guy in Hitman: Codename 47 (the very first one) who laughs and provoke you to his very last breath. And he does need considerably more ammo fill than any other character in the game, :wink: unless you fiberwire him, of course. :twisted: I don't remember exactly if there was such a thing, but some western honkytonk piano background would makeup the scene greatly. :D

Eh... the old games are so much more - satisfying. Or Satisfying should it be? :P No, I see no possible satisfaction in Satis. :? :mrgreen: Maybe it should be Satisf(l)ying. Yeah, if Satis wanted to fly we could arrange a multiplayer session in a flight simulator. :D Just like Flanker 2.5.

By the way what is... *that* in your avatar Sat?

p.s.
Yeah, I got annoyed with the fact I didn't get a word of what you're saying, not by the actual *hijack*.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

~King of Thieves~

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:29 pm
Stranger

no no, it has to be Satisflaying, thats what Satis wants, more flaying. :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:17 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, it's a spork. There's something oddly cool about a fork.

Lol at all the satisification (not that that's a word until now). :p Good times, good times.

Honestly, the biggest reason I like those violent games (ie, losing of limbs) is so I can see where I shot the guy. When you take a crazy sniper shot and actually hit, it's nice to be able to run up and see where exactly the bullet took him out. It's a bit less interesting if you're hacking him up with a sword. But I digress.

So, are you still playing Oblivion, Gfree?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

So, are you still playing Oblivion, Gfree?

Only for cool shots, just like said. But after I studied a bit the latest technologies and effects I must notice that even with well implemented HDRR Oblivion looks a bit ... naked?! :? Btw, I also didn't notice how repetitive the textures are before the pause I made.

Lets add some... strange stuff of the latest.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

As for Oblivion...for all its flaws, it's still one of the most visually stunning games I've ever seen (Crysis holds that crown for now tho). I wonder how long it will take before we see immersive NPC interaction and/or believable cities, tho. Probably a few more years.

Vampire: Bloodlines did a great job with facial expressions and dialogue. The game is a bit older by now but still, it blows Oblivion out of the water when it comes to believable dialogue.

Two examples:

Velvet Velour (not just for her...assets)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=baGp1w2EKh8

(he's playing as a Malkavian, that's why he gets all the strange dialogue options and the crazy internal whispers..."try the corpse in the oven with peppers and fur" :roll: )

Or th baron of Santa Monica + some old friend you meet

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0j0GK_EQh ... re=related

Bloodlines was a great game. Too bad about the bugs and that Troika went bankrupt. :(

- Coach

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:27 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Aw...I loved bloodlines, like you say, shame about all the bugs...about time someone made another one..

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:12 am
Felix Rex

Yea, it was a good game. Too bad about the bugs. Also too bad about the (mostly) linear gameplay. Replaying the game gets boring since you've already done most of the quests. I think sandbox-type games really are the future... stuff like GTA, Oblivion, FC2, Fallout 3.... there may be a main quest, but after you beat it once and you want to replay, you can just ignore the main quest and do whatever you want. Increase replay exponentially. If there were multiple 'main quests' that, I think, would be the next step. Of course that adds a great deal of complexity, but man, wouldn't that be neat?

Satis the Game... what's the point? It depends. Figure out the plot yourself, there are several! Do you want to kill orcs? Do you want to civilize new planets? Do you want to arrange falling blocks so they take up the least possible room? You can do it all in Satis the Game!

Bleh, anyway, back on topic, my Oblivion game is still installed. I may go back to it eventually. :roll: I'm still playing the Witcher primarily.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

lol @ goblin

For the records, that was somewhere in the glademist cave. You just find a dead goblin there. Not sure if there was even some cheap wine in his hand.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There are actually several of these 'drunken goblins' that can be found in the game, they're kinda easter eggs.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:09 am
Emperor

I was poking around with my new engine and as I was watching those imported maps, a question rose. Well a question that is testing your knowledge on the Oblivion culture. You know, the stuff you usually mark if you really enjoy the gameplay. But try not to peek in uesp wiki or other stuff of sort.

Six given. One is a blank. Which ones are missing? :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next