It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Oblivion - Freeman 
Minor Diety

I believe you get contacted if you're nice enough to beggars.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 am
Minor Diety

I believe you get contacted if you're nice enough to beggars.

I can't imagine giving out free money so i just looked it up. It can have to do with the beggars indeed, but you don't have to give them money.

There are three ways to find out about the existence of the Thieves Guild; the first is simply by accident, the second involves some detective work, and the third is by casual conversation.

I'll leave it to that to possibly avoid spoiling too much for gfree.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:59 am
Minor Diety

Bastards. I'm probably thinking about the previous Elder Scrolls games. At least, I'm a 253156156% sure it worked like that in Daggerfall. The thieves' guild wants a % on everything instead of having freelancers running around stealing stuff, so they contact and recruit any thief they spot.

It works the same for that 'other' guild. :wink:

- Coach

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:59 am
Emperor

From this type of games, I played Morrowind only.

That about the character's guild is strange. I could not find anything about them on the first glance. Heh, I guess the only guild I cannot join now is the Mythic Dawn. :wink: Well, any clues?

Ok, lets resort what I did lately. After I left Lake Arrius Caverns I first brough the evil book, Mysterium Xarxes, to the Martin, after which I was assigned to eliminate and investigate two assasins (or was it vice versa :D ), which I done too. Then Martin sent me to get an Daedric Artifact and a book pointed to the Shrine of Azura. Realizing that I do not want to sacrifice that artifact, I will have to look for some other. The second revelation, that brought me out of the main quest, was that I really need kind of a secured container. A place where I can securely store my things, because those that I do not intend to sell are getting too heavy. I was looking for a fast way to get those 5000 gold and I found it - or that was what I thought. Now, I admit that I looked in a map from web where a rich place like Mackamentain is. But, while I was traveling (passing by, I also discovered three Oblivion gates) to there, I didn't take another look to that map. That one was pretty easy. I took down a single skeleton and was able to get whole four Varla stones (16 - Easy Varla stones.jpg), of which each should have given me 1000gp. To the moment I had over 2000gp which would mean sure buy of the mansion in Anvil.

Buuuut, there was a slight problem: The best deal somebody was offering for a stone was under 450gp. That was it, I had to improve my Mercantile. I selected it as a major skill, I got to work on it. What I did is paying the trainers to teach me the job. I had money for the first five tries. For the second two tries I had to pay visit to the Fort Sejanus and Fort Wooden Hand, where I also made two cards for Satis. Unfortunately, it seems that I lost one of them - foggy circumstances, I played with image numbers so it may have been overwritten or maybe I just deleted it by mistake, so there is going to be only one. (17 - Card form the Fort Wooden Hand.jpg) I also ruined some smaller places I was passing by. I have to admit that sneaking proves invaluable. I was able to eliminate almost every opponent without getting a single scratch. Well, there was one notable and though in the Fort Wooden Hand: a Marauder Warlord. A female in steel (or whatever) armor, very skilled at block and with a Silver Claymore. She drove almost all my HP till I took her down, since I didn't want to explore if there is some hack but answered on the attack with my simple steel short sword and light armor. After I captured her sword, I could not believe how much deadlier weapon that is, although it is still a bit heavy for my char. I was able to attack a Stunned Scamp directly and slash him till he dies without having him able to answer with a sinlge bite.

The gold was still missing, and so I ran for the oblivion gates. I brought a pic from closing the second one (18 - A sigil stone, placed.jpg) but it is notable that today I closed five more, in addition to the one from yesterday, and by the sixth (near Anvil) I had to deal with a new sort of creature (I didn't bother yet to remember the name, see the picture - 19 - A new creature.jpg). Although they are still killable, they are more powerful than Scamps. One more thing is that by this sixth gate I acquired not a Descendent but a Subjacent Sigil stone. I also found Robe of Deflection there.

That was enough to get five more sessions of Mercantile skill. But don't tell me, this all was totally needless. I realized it after I read a short article on Mercantile skill. If I knew that earlier, even the promise of removing the (goddamn) horse would not make me visit Oblivion Gates at this point. :P I am going to have 5000gp by tomorrow, I am.

In the end, I also made shot of my stats at the fifteenth day. (20 - Stats on 15th day.jpg)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Regarding the Oblivion Gates: I was forced two times to swim through lava. Is this necessary or is there always way to pass unburned / unmelted?

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't remember having to swim through it. So there was probably a way around it. Problem is that it might have been a path that started on the other end of the map. Oblivion Gates can be a bit like small mazes sometimes.

And get your mercantile up by buying and selling things. No point losing good money on it.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:25 pm
Emperor

A hour ago, I stumbled on the quest of rescuing Dar-Ma from the Brethren in Hackdirt. While my new sword, on one side, goes through Oblivion minions like a knife through putter, those guys have proven to be too hard for me. They are all though (a single backstab does not kill), they are very good at clubs, and they attack in packs of four or more. Rarely and for just short can happen that they attack in a duet.

Thou, that wasn't what bothered me. It was my impatience what broke the actual plot and although I saved the Argonian girl, when I was coming back to do the clean sweep of the area, I was getting bounty and/or infame points, which is not as supposed. So, I decided to roll back from that and come back later to see what I can do.

I didn't notice that my speed increased rapidly (67, the highest of all attributes), untill I paid attention to how much faster I move than earlier. I must have chosen it for a major skill, although I do not remember that. :D

Maybe I better just take that star form Azura and bring it to Martin. :wink:

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

The first video of sneaking in the temple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaglqE3rKDw

I hate having to use WMV to post, because youtube does not recognize RM stuff, but I found no other way. :?

To that I will add one more picture of Mythic Dawn member. Elegance, it is.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

OK, I'm back to the main quest. I'm already sick of troubles that I had since I left it. So... I will need some glowing dust? Lets see how can I take a Will-O-Wisp with a Silver Claymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOo-wkKltyo

It was significantly more running than fighting. :twisted:

However, I am more concerned about how I am going to get through the vampires without contracting vampirism. In difference to Ox I do not want that. :)

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Use some summoning spells etc, then try to sneak behind him/her and *stab*.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 am
Emperor

W00t, I got a Dwarven Claymore. Much more powerful than the Silver one.

Battling each vampire was rather hard. I had to split them or bring them out and take them down by trapping them in the mountains, like I did with the wolf from above. The only way I could beat them was one by one. So, basically cheating. The hardest ones were the Orcs. In some moments I felt like my bones are flying all around.

And yes, I contracted vampirism in start of the first battle. After the battle I went first to the temple district of the imperial city, but I didn't find anything in the Temple of One, nor I could speak with anybody on that matter. Very well, so it is either not logical or my char is supposed to know what to do. I peeked again on the internet and seen how easily is this being cured. I cured disease in the Weynon Priory chapel.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Ok, I definitely had disadvantage of not being a native English speaker. If I was, I'd sooner knew what the button "Haggle" is for. At first I thought it was a "Stealing" button and I didn't want to touch it. Later I just ignored it. When I realized what it is, I made that 5000 and much more in almost no time.

Indeed, the game must sound and be amazing to all native English speakers. I'd like they had a Serbian version or if there was possibility to hack this one (there probably is, especially if they support UTF-8) and put it all to another language. Without any doubt, any kid that does not know how the thing inside works would be amazed more than if it watches a simple movie.

I think I will rollback to the save before I peeked in web where I can find many Varla stones and do it all again (so, fair play), when I get time. For now I am on the announced pause. :wink: In the meantime I'd appreciate if I got the answer about the guild that Rinox mentions. Maybe they even contacted me, but without direct asking I probably just ignored them.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You'll know if they contacted you or not. So if you think you might have missed it, you haven't. Oh and i think the requirement is that you killed an innocent. I believe you were playing kinda non-evil, so you probably haven't killed innocents.
They'll contact you after you slept if i recall correctly. So you won't miss it.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:08 am
Emperor

You'll know if they contacted you or not. So if you think you might have missed it, you haven't. Oh and i think the requirement is that you killed an innocent. I believe you were playing kinda non-evil, so you probably haven't killed innocents.

Then I don't see how they'll ever contact me. :P

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There are some people that count as an innocent where killing them doesn't hurt your reputation (bounty/fame/whatever it's called again).
Or maybe if it's undetected, or you get them to attack you ... i dunno how many options you have, been a while since i played it.
I do know i played as a 'good guy' as well, and i got contacted. When you make the 'right' kill, a message will appear saying "Your killing has been observed by forces unknown".

Btw guilds are great for having easy access to containers and containers. And they can offer some nice rewards as well. And as said: there's no timelimit afaik.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next