It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Oblivion - Freeman 
Emperor

heh...looks like she got 'shafted'

Those 'street riffraffs' are pain in ass, so I think it just a proper sort of... redemption. :) No doubt the watches would make jokes around the corpse.

I got another image: Merry, merry my little bearry, where did you try to go? :) I was wearing the ring of rumare, if somebody wondered how to get constant breath underwater.

I finished today the thieves guild quest by the way and am planing on posting the stats, class etc. AND the race. You better give your last guesses.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

DB quests done too. Now since I finished both 'infamy' quests I am going to play 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide'. Probably I will commit some massacres undercover. Bounty's already 7000+. Some skulls irritated me that much that I had to trash them.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Whatcha think about the DB? I thought it was the best questline in the game. A little crude towards the end but still, pretty cool. Vicente Valtieri is kick-ass. He gave me the gift of vampirism. :P

- Coach

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:52 am
Emperor

I found the thieves guild quest more... fulfilling. :) Hey, there you see the things and places that would make DB feel like Alice in wonderland. And, like said, after playing Hitman series all assassinations in Oblivion looked like a very gray faded out copy. Not my type. :)

Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Whatcha think about the DB? I thought it was the best questline in the game. A little crude towards the end but still, pretty cool. Vicente Valtieri is kick-ass. He gave me the gift of vampirism. :P

But yeah, as the idea, DB quest had the best chances to become really great. It just needed a way better campaign.

But whatever. What Oblivion and Morrowind really miss is war atmosphere that's been achieved in BG. Imagine thousands of creatures moving from one part of Cyrodiil to another, and killing everything they have in sight. Imagine them invading the cities, trying to breach their walls. Imagine them cry, sending shivering down people's spins. Imagine screams of desperate people dying under their massive power. Now, that is what I'd call much more effective than a bit of mess on the end of the main quest.

Imagine a tornado! How is it being dragged high and then thrown away?

Oblivion is kind of... weak? Mild? In comparison to real feeling of everything.

Another question: why do you think Morrowind better than Oblivion?

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm gonna butt in on this one ;) I think Morrowind was better coz it felt like a world. Obliv feels... odd. It feels way too small (mainly due to that damn fast travel; even if you don't use it, you know it's there) plus it was too 'real' (all the landscapes are just something you could find anywhere in the real world), plus the lack of ever running into some high level evil monster while you're level 2 really sucks.

Morrowind was more of a discovery. Yeah, you had tons of areas where you were just kinda... wandering through but that added to the feeling of being a lone adventurer, just one step away from potential destruction (or suicide if another bloody cliff racer came after you :rolleyes:), the landscape was more varied (huge mushrooms! the ashy centre where you shielded your eyes- an awesome touch), there was danger at every turn, particularly if you did just go exploring (ending up near werewolves at level 9... fun) and although it was annoying to an extent, the crappy journal also made it feel more of a discovery. Plus the fact they had more skills (where is my unarmoured skill, or my blunt weapons skill?), they removed wearing robes over armour and just silly little things like that.

Obliv is still a fantastic game but they fell into the trap all devs seem to fall into now; concentrate too hard on the graphics and forget the core reasons for playing the game. Dumb it down and let us marvel at the pretties, instead of actually playing.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

OH, but I agree with you totally on everything there. Just loved the huge mushrooms too. I just thought `Ox was speaking about something else, which I didn't discover. Yes, Oblivion is small, I gave my opinion on that yet.

In Morrowind the main cons for me were:
* Many dungeons look the damn same
* AI sucks, kinda more than Oblivion's
* Monsters appear too frequently

--------

By the way, I just gained the access to the Arcane University. The first thing to do was to visit the enchanting altar and make "Sexy Shoes of Mercantile", "Sexy Pants of Mercantile", "Sexy Shirt of Mercantile", "Sexy Necklace of Mercantile" and "Sexy Ring of Mercantile" (5*9 boost to Mercantile), visit "A Fighting Chance" and invest 500 gold in the shop so that I can finally make more money, yay! It all costed me exactly 5k but hey, now can I finally sell the full basement of things worth more than 1,2k. And yes, /me loves Anvil. It's the city of my choice. :) And I even have Hieronymus Lex there, as new Gray Fox. Did I say I plan on sealing him in a black soul gem? I already made one for him, and did also a 'test' of how that would look like. See the pics. :)

Lets paraphrase Baldur's Gate:
"I've got a black soul gem with your name on it!"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

By the way, `Ox, what do you say we start our Morrowind threads in this forum? :) All this is awakening my wish to try it again.

I ADMIT

that I haven't read nor understand most of what was happening around me there and that might be why I didn't like the game much. There was also much more to be read than in Oblivion, tbh. Bunch of that! So, eh, what do you say? :)

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
I've actually never played morrowind, but WHEN I actually finish oblivion I think I'll get it, if I love oblivion this much, it should be mental :twisted:

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:25 am
Emperor

Alright, time to post it. Shame that almost nobody wanted to guess and that nobody actually guessed it is a Nord again.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

you can actually use the black soul gems. :o I thought they were just decorative. Can you use them to enchant items? I remember soul trapping Vivec in Morrowind, but he wasn't human.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

you can actually use the black soul gems. :o I thought they were just decorative. Can you use them to enchant items? I remember soul trapping Vivec in Morrowind, but he wasn't human.

Oh yes, that's true. I'm kinda new to it but I guess on higher levels any bandit might have grand charge (1600). Still you need a grand soul gem to forge ba BSG. Before I knew that, I sold some so I had only one that I prepared for Lex. :D

I guess it is too bad you can't join the Necromancers. I'd pwn both Traven and Mannimarco and spread horror and terror over whole mages guild, yay. :twisted: Usually you should be able to do it when dealing with intelligent people, but obviously not when dealing with preprogrammed characters.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

By the way, `Ox, what do you say we start our Morrowind threads in this forum? :) All this is awakening my wish to try it again.

I ADMIT

that I haven't read nor understand most of what was happening around me there and that might be why I didn't like the game much. There was also much more to be read than in Oblivion, tbh. Bunch of that! So, eh, what do you say? :)

lol, well we could...I can play Morrowind just fine on my laptop so that wouldn't be a problem. I finished the game so many times already that I don't know if I'll make it to the end though! Probably will. ;)

Let me know once you're past the biggest Oblivion rush. Satis and BJ are still getting started with their reruns...and shame on the latter for never playing Morrowind!

I wonder how Morrowind will play/feel if you play it so quickly after Oblivion. They're very different games indeed, when it comes to setting and culture. Less standard fantasy, more...weird landscapes. And ***** Cliff Racers. :roll:

- Coach

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:36 am
Stranger

Morrowind is better than Oblivion. Morrowinds atmosphere was out of this world whereas Oblivion is more like a fairly standard fantasy setting. I still remember those sandstorms, to this day i find them some of the best weather events.

But thats just me.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Well, I was into NWN don't forget, Morrowind just kind of passed me by :wink:

I've got a LONG way to go until I'm finished with Oblivion, but I'm gonna pick up the Morrowind game of the year box at the weekend, so it'll be waiting :)

Is it really THAT different?

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next