It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
My holiday is about to start so ... 
Minor Diety

Post My holiday is about to start so ...
i picked up my brother's copy of Oblivion and decided to start playing it. Still exams at school now, so i have some time to spare if i plan the correcting of those exams properly.

So far i like it, not having the urge to keep playing it so i'm not addicted, but it's enjoyable. I do have problems with weight limits (same as in Morrowind, always end up carrying too much) and i didn't go for the warrior type this time, so that's not helping either (not so big in strength).

Might give more impressions later, or maybe if i got questions i'll post them here.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:13 am
Stranger

Feather and Ease Burden spells help. Also any item with +str is worth keeping at hand as long as the +str is bigger than the items weight

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:22 pm
Minor Diety

What's your class, your race, your allegiances? (ie which guilds do you adhere to?) Enjoy your game man, Oblivion is class!! 8-)

- Coach

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:51 am
Minor Diety

I'm playing a woodelf, wanted to go for a stealthy character and instead of making my own class like i would do in morrowind (and then start over again, and again, and again ... ) i picked 'agent' as a class since it went really well with the kind of character i had in mind.

Currently i'm working with the thiefs guild (but it took a while for them to find me, since i didn't even visit the imperial city at first but just went roaming outside). I'm getting the recommendations for the mages guild, and now i'm on my first quest for the fighters guild (although i'm lvl 16).

Taking it easy on the main quest (i assume i'll have to deal with the mythic dawn next, i know their location at this point but i don't feel like travelling there yet) and i barely closed any oblivion gates.

I'm great at sneaking and marksmanship and i pretty much kill people before they spot me. When i'm spotted, i pretty much end up running around a lot, because i'm down after a few good hits.

So far i'm very much enjoying the game. Only thing is that i pretty much suck at most of the magic arts, next i will be trying to get that up a little, so that i can at least use a feather spell.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:07 am
Minor Diety

Or basic healing :) also helps a lot. But it sounds like you're having fun, good.

have you been visited by erhm, a hooded individual yet? Just wonderin' :wink:

- Coach

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:11 am
Minor Diety

I do have a basic healing spell that i'm constantly using when i'm running around and i'm not healed, no my restoration is decent, as is my destruction since i used quite some fireballs in the beginning to get rid of ghosts etc.

And i'm not planning on murdering anyone, so i won't see any Dark Brotherhood recruiter normally speaking. I guess you mean those guys, but i'm playing the slick guy that talks his way out of trouble (and other people into trouble). Not trying to murder anyone in cold blood.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:48 am
Minor Diety

Ok, that's good roleplaying if you're a 'good' character, I suppose. ;) But let me just tell you that the DB questline is probably the best in the game...and that for a stealthy character you can do some sweeeet things doing the bidding of the Night Mother. ;)

- Coach

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:02 am
Minor Diety

Heh, who knows if i end up turning to the dark side after all. We'll see. I might replay the game when i finish it and make a whole other character.

Btw is it me or is melee fighting damn hard?

~King of Thieves~

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:30 am
Minor Diety

It's awkward til you get used to it. Then its easy. Then you get your skills up and you realise you don't even need to bother blocking any more, you can just hack and slash through most things

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

"til"? "realise"? Am I starting to hunt other's mistypings?

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Actually, 'realise' is proper English spelling...however, in American English it would be 'realize'. And as for 'til'...well, Caz was never the sharpest tool in the spelling shed. :twisted: (jk, it's just slang)

- Coach

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm
Felix Rex

yea, til is slang for until. As for how to spell realize... yea.... either works I guess, though my spell checker says realise is wrong. :p

Anyway.... melee fighting is where it's at. Ranged owns for a little while, then doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to be effective. Spell damage does a similar see-saw, unless you "cheat" and make an uber spell that does a mad DoT.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well since i barely have any skill in melee or magic, i sure hope my ranged attacks will get me through the game. It's going good so far, just hit lvl 19, my sneak attacks have kept me out of trouble for most of the time.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:04 am
Minor Diety

Ranged rules melee if you do it sneaked (6x bonus instead of 3x) but in general fights, melee all the way. It's also easier to aim a giant blade than a tiny pointy stick ;)

And actually "til" is acceptable english, however it should be 'til as its an abbreviation :P

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

And actually "til" is acceptable english <-- shouldn't it be English actually?

Anyhow you want it, young lady, granted. :P You guys are still able to kick piss out of me when it comes to the language. :? Yet, I keep my right to say I haven't seen such a word in any IT book I've read.

/ends sabotaging the topic

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next