It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Oblivion Expansion Announced 
Minor Diety

Post Oblivion Expansion Announced
Yay! (this is an actual expansion, not like Knights of the Nine)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles is the official expansion for Oblivion – the 2006 RPG and Game of the Year. It features more than 30 hours of new gameplay as you are sent to explore an entirely new plane of Oblivion – the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. Shivering Isles adds to the existing world of Oblivion, so you can continue playing with your existing save game/character, or create an all new character just to explore the new content in Shivering Isles. New creatures, weapons, armor, ingredients, branching questlines, and more await in the land of Mania and Dementia.

Enter the world of the Madgod – the Realm of Sheogorath. Inside this torn plane reside the sublimely creative and the completely psychotic. Something is happening to the Shivering Isles and Sheogorath himself looks to you to be his champion and defend his realm and its inhabitants from destruction. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?

Experience a branching questline surrounding the endless cycle of mania and despair.

See a world created in Sheogorath’s own image, one divided between Mania and Dementia and unlike anything you’ve experienced in Oblivion.

Battle the denizens of Shivering Isles, a land filled with hideous insects, Flesh Atronachs, skeletal Shambles, amphibeous Grummites, and many more.

Find and wield new weapons and armor, or have new ones forged for you by the talented craftsmen of Crucible and Bliss.

Explore a bizarre landscape filled with twisting, vast dungeons buried within the roots of the trees themselves.

Unravel the mystery surrounding the endless cycle of madness and destruction that threatens to destroy the Shivering Isles.

Sheogorath ftw! By far one of the cooler Daedra Princes. :) Looking forward to this!

- Coach

Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 am
Felix Rex

cool. I'll probably wait for a review..maybe even wait for the price to go down. My gaming future looks to be pretty heavily stacked in about 10 days. :)

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Dammit ox learn to resize your screenies ;)

Looks cool though like Satis I'll wait and see a few reviews I think; depending when it comes out I could be strapped for gaming time, if its in the next couple months I'm taken up with WoW :P plus I'm working towards my Keyholder stuff at work, and if its after that, I *may* have prior engagements to do with a certain fave game of mine *says no more*. But sounds good, shame about the name, I was hoping it would be taking me to the nord lands when I read that :(

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just being a blonde doesn't make you a Nord Pev :P

And I'm gonna buy and play it regardless, I'll review it for you bastards. ;) That is, if I have the funds to do so when it comes out, but that shouldn't be a problem. I hope. :P

- Coach

Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:48 am
Minor Diety

http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

Plus some new screenies and stuff according to their newsletter. Enjoy.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Did anyone ever buy this? If so, is it any good?

Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 am
Minor Diety

I got it, not got far into it though, formatted my pc and forgot to back my save up, d'oh! What little I played was pretty cool though, felt a bit more Morrowind-esque as far as the landscapes go (y'know, being in the realm of Madness and all that, giant mushrooms can be brought back in, woot!)

Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Interesting, I may have to grab that then. :)

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]