It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
advice please. 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Post advice please.
hey guys, long time no see :)

just brought the game after a minor upgrade, never played the series before, any tips? or in other words how the fuck do i play this game :wink:

probably go with some kind of swordsman or spellsword

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:12 am
Minor Diety

Id recommend a kind of fighter/mage, because this time round in TES its easy to cast while fighting. Just make sure you assign hotkeys (1-9) for different spells.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:26 am

ok, spellsword it is, anyone evr played one before? dont wanna get halfway through the game and realise i've messed the build :wink:

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:33 am
Emperor

hey man :)

ok, spellsword it is, anyone ever played one before? dont wanna get halfway through the game and realise i've messed the build :wink:

yeah, that was me :roll:

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:35 am
Minor Diety

YAY You're back, email sometime you evil sod! Looks like derf has sorted you out anyway, you're not likely to mess up to be honest, you can still use all your other skills (just wont level up from them) so you're gonna do fine ;) If you get stuck txt me (you'll need a new number now though :P) and I can help out.

BLOODY WELL EMAIL ME! hehe

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

since noone else is giving you advice....

for magic skills, definitely choose destruction and restoration...lets you damage your enemies and heal yourself. Several other schools have very nice spells, like mysticism's detect life and such, but they're not so important.

for weapons and armor...I'd suggest heavy armor for the most protection and probably sword. Maybe hammer or something if you wanna mix it up. :) I'd probably put strength and intellligence as my primary attributes.

Still, it's your character...worst comes to worst, play for a bit, figure out how stuff works, then create a new character. There's so much to do in this game, you won't notice much repetition beyond the initial sewers.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:49 am
Profile WWW
King

Post Re: advice please.
tyranus wrote:
hey guys, long time no see :)

just brought the game after a minor upgrade, never played the series before, any tips? or in other words how the fuck do i play this game :wink:

probably go with some kind of swordsman or spellsword

Read the manual.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:08 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Emperor

YAY You're back, email sometime you evil sod! Looks like derf has sorted you out anyway, you're not likely to mess up to be honest, you can still use all your other skills (just wont level up from them) so you're gonna do fine ;) If you get stuck txt me (you'll need a new number now though :P) and I can help out.

BLOODY WELL EMAIL ME! hehe

hey :D i'll send ya one when i get home :)

cheers for the tips guys (manual..bah..like i ever read those :P ) i'll start a thread or something, let ya know how it goes, altough you all seem to have finished.. :roll:

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 am
Minor Diety

lol like i say, you'll be ablet o use all skills anyway so you can't screw up too bad. Plus the difficulty slider can help if you get into anything too tough... Just mess around with it and have fun ;)

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:52 pm
Minor Diety

hey Bj!! What's up old man! ;) I'm getting there too, only 6 years till I'm thirty, gah. :( hehehe. Anyway, hope you've been good! Hope you're not planning to keep on lurking until NWN2 is out :P

Don't mind Derf btw, he's pissed cos he power-levelled himself into trouble. ;)

But spellsword seems like a great class, only thing you need to look out for then is that you pick a good race/birthsign to match it. I would say a Dark Elf, a Breton or a Redguard for race...and any birthsign that gives you an advantage without a drawback. :) The lady seems ideal.

have fun in any case...oblivion is an awesome game!! Oh, you might wanna install the BT mod btw. Makes the interface a lot more user-friendly, all small changes but SO helpful.

http://www.vgpro.com/file/14385_btmod-v2.20.exe.html

- Coach

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:34 am
Minor Diety

More like i power levelled to god-like.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:13 am
Emperor

hey Bj!! What's up old man! ;) I'm getting there too, only 6 years till I'm thirty, gah. :( hehehe. Anyway, hope you've been good! Hope you're not planning to keep on lurking until NWN2 is out :P

But spellsword seems like a great class, only thing you need to look out for then is that you pick a good race/birthsign to match it. I would say a Dark Elf, a Breton or a Redguard for race...and any birthsign that gives you an advantage without a drawback. :) The lady seems ideal.

have fun in any case...oblivion is an awesome game!! Oh, you might wanna install the BT mod btw. Makes the interface a lot more user-friendly, all small changes but SO helpful.

http://www.vgpro.com/file/14385_btmod-v2.20.exe.html

hey man :D so you're 24 now?! great. i'm a mere 10 years older soon :( :roll: nah, i think i'll be here for a good while yet. or until i get bored anyway :wink:

yeah, actually read the manual for once last night, dark elf does look good, how do they go down with the locals? will i get a lynch mob after me and have to slaughter the lot? :twisted:

thanks for the link, i'll get that on, btw, you're still ATI right? what cats are you using for this?

also, you got COC: dark corners of the earth yet? good game :)

Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:11 am
Minor Diety

Nope, haven't tried it yet :( But I will if you say it rocks, hehe.

Dark Elf is a good choice. :) They're smart and good with blades! And I think they're good at destruction too. Socially, they are accepted. ;) If anything you'll be ranked above the real bum races of Tamriel: Khajit (frequent "something you want, furlicker?" comments), Argonians and Orcs. Tho orcs are respected because they kick major ass in combat.

Erh, anyway lol. I'm playing Oblivion on my 'new' pc..well it was new in september :p

Athlon64 3500+ CPU
1 Gig of ram, dual channel
Ati Sapphire x1800xl GPU

So yeah, still an Ati whore. :) Game works like a charm, provided you don't go NUTS on effects.

- Coach

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:27 am
Emperor

(frequent "something you want, furlicker?" comments)

lolz :D :D

ok, i'll start a chr off, probably die within 10 mins :roll:

Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next