It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Oblivion being ported to PSP and PS3 
Felix Rex

Post Oblivion being ported to PSP and PS3
yea, kinda neat.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... story=9035

I wonder wtf the psp version will look like.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah i just saw this link elsewhere (well to a different site). Til Beth announce it on their site I'll remain sceptical. PS3, yes, ok, I can see it. PSP? That shitheap? Pfft. Then again they did make a mobile phone version... but still.. you can't put a game like Oblivion on some crappy handheld console.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

LOL @ PSP. That's gonna be some funny shit. :) Actually, I've always been kinda tempted to use those mini-games for handhelds or whatever on their site, I mean the "original" material. With those graphics limitations you need some attention for gameplay, couldn't go wrong.

Btw, I'm officialy starting a Fallout 3 hype with oblivion-esque proportions. For myself I mean.

- Coach

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:04 pm
Felix Rex

I'd love to see them port like Arena or Daggerfall to the PSP / Nintendo DS. Minus the bugs. I bet the graphics are about on the same level.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Its this kind of stuff that ruined Oblivion. Not so much these ports, but the fact that developers have to "keep porting in consideration" fucks up the game. Xbox360 anyone? Duh.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:39 am
Felix Rex

that makes the assumption that they fucked up oblivion, which I won't agree with. Oblivion rocks. Though the more I play it, the more I wish I had a more powerful system. I had to turn grass off... it lags me too bad. :( Which sucks, because that swaying grass is one of the (many things) that made the game so incredible looking.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:58 am
Minor Diety

lol here we go. TES forums are filled with "retard 360ers fucked up our game!" or "stupid pc elitists, piss of". Yes, its been dumbed down, no its not coz of the 360. The lack of skills isn't coz the 360 can't handle them, its coz Beth wanted to appeal to more people... these new people being the morons whining all the time ;)

Anyhoo I'm with Satis, I need an uber-pc. Now I'm on my 2nd char, any area with lots of flowers and grass (e.g. near Skingrad/Chorral) it slows down to such a horrible framerate... it sucks.

Oh and the 360 version is more stable... *sulks*

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Meh, at least the PC version is easier to patch. :p I still won't be building a new system for another 6 months at least, but man.... it's coming more and more to the forefront of my massive brain.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

tell me about it lol. next time im not skint (so next year sometime :roll: ) its gonna be a brand new shiny top of the range gfx card for me tyvm ;)

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A. The Xbox 360 version is very easy to patch, I put it in, it tells me there's an update, I click ok! :P

B. Just in case, confirmed

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's already out as of 2 months ago on PS3. We have a listing for PSP, its one of the 'travels' versions, like they did for mobiles apparently. But we'll wait and see on that when it comes out

Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

that's cool. I don't imagine you can install plugins though, right? Maybe pay ones.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Officially that's correct Satis - you can only install official plugins.

But Xbox's are easy to mod both physically and software wise. I mean, you can pay for a liscence (about £100 per year) to creat your own Xbox games. If you ask me, that's just £100 for a shot at some reverse engineering!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]