It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Installed Mods 
Minor Diety

Post Installed Mods
With the number of Oblivion mods already out, i thought i'd make a thread about which mods we all have installed. Mainly for 2 reasons:

a) Theres a lot of crap out there.
b) Theres a lot of super userful cool stuff out there.

Its easier to fine a good mod by recommendation.

Edit: Ive got so many mods installed atm, ive decided its not really a good a idea to post them directly here. So heres the list:

Mods Derf Has Installed

Mods i will probably be installing soon:

Mods removed (cos they sucked):

Better stars at night.
Its ok. Definitely an improvement in my opinon, but i would prefer a more "realistic" look.

Replaces a moon with the Death Star :) (for the shits n giggles)
I've not seen it yet. I looked around, and even saw two moons at the same time, but none were the Death Star. I doubt this works.

Makes horses turn faster.
In my opinion, i didnt notice a change in speed. Maybe its a small change.

Last edited by derf on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:52 am
Minor Diety

Been getting crashes every now and then when entering new cells. Obviously related to all the mods i have installed, but screw it! Play on!

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:54 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe, thanks for the mod updates man! I think i'm gonna wait with mods until my next character however..don't wanna corrupt my current game yet. :D

- Coach

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:25 am
Minor Diety

04.17.06 - NEW OFFICIAL OBLIVION PLUG-IN
Dowload the latest official plug-in. The Orrery is now available on Xbox Live and at OblivionDownloads.com.

It's not really available on the site yet though...expect it in a day or two I suppose.

I think I'm getting this one. My mage character could have use of this orrery, and 2 bucks, I mean...

- Coach

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:14 am
Minor Diety

Yeah this one does at least give quests (i think) and a new place. If not, then the next planned one certainly gives quests. That one is also for mages. Be nice if they bring out some fighters type stuff soon too. Thieves and assassins as well of course, but less so, since the thieves/db have some of the nicest guild rewards in the game anyway so far.

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just checking: anyone purchase the orrery yet? I'm planning to, once I wrap up the mages guild questline with my new magic-based character. :)

- Coach

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:58 pm
Minor Diety

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:50 pm
Felix Rex

It's one of the $2 mini mods Bethesda is selling. Some sort of mage tower or something.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I havent gotten into the arcane university yet. Ill try that first.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:34 am
Minor Diety

I'm probably still not gonna fork out the cash out of principle, but I can't deny that the latest dev mod is looking really cool...

http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatal ... roductId=7

I'm thinking of emerging myself in Oblivion again. Gonna happen soon :)

- Coach

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:33 am
Minor Diety

indeed that does look nice. after the initial crap, they're releasing some nice ones, such as the pirate ship etc. Still, I think I'd rather they either didn't release them and put them in as part of the expansion (an EXTRA part of the expansion ;)) or released them as they are doing AND gave you the chance to get all of them in perhaps a CE of the expansion for those who don't want to just buy them online.

Im also thinking about getting back into Obliv, especially may get that mod. I still have a ton of char ideas that I want to do, and still haven't tried out the patch. But Horizons is taking up so much of my time... *sigh* we'll see ;)

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:03 am
Felix Rex

my report...I went back to Oblivion for a bit after not touching it for months...totally forgot the controls and how to play my build. Got owned by a dot because I didn't notice I was getting damaged, and quit. I think I'm done with it. Still, that lasted an impressive amount of time for a single player game.

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

i played obliv a few days this week. still good, but horizons has me caught. can't get vile lair to work (problem with activation sometimes, freezes up, lots have the problem so i'll be cancelling it on my credit card if its not fixed: horse armour worked fine). but if it ever works, i'll let you know how it is.

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
i just CANNOT get into oblivion, wtf is wrong with me?! i play for a while but i soon lose interest again.

i think i'm to used to nwn, dnd type games, etc...

ah well...nwn2 will be out soon, even if the bastards have moved to back to oct :(

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next