It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Oblivion bugs 
Minor Diety

Post Oblivion bugs
Put any bugs or solutions you found in here

Bug 1: Stuck skills

On receiving quest rewards that are skill increases, the skill may become stuck. What happens is that it continues to gain from your original skill until it reaches the new skill (so you don't really receive an increase at all; you get the bonus of it but still have to earn it). Because it is showing higher than it was, the red bar will not fill up, making the skill look like its stuck. However, once you have earned enough to reach the new level naturally, it will begin to work again.

E.g. Moles Mercantile. He was 24, got a reward which boosted him to 29. Mercantile apparently increases 0.4 every time you make a transaction. He had to sell 1250 items before his skill appeared to increase again.

Bug 2: Frequent crashes

Not all crashes are caused by this, but it seemed to sort my problem out last night. If you have a hp printer connected, kill its processes before starting up Oblivion. I had a crash last night, so restarted the pc and killed the printer. I played for another 3 or 4 hours with no crash (a rare thing for Oblivion in the last few days).

All the hp processes start with hp; I had 3 going on mine.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

1. Twins quest, Reynald and Gilbert Jermain or something

Once united they give you a quest to find this location and clear it of ogres, voila no ogres for me. Dont know where they went, what happened to them, they are just not around.

2. Skingraad Garlith conspiracy.

He gives a quest to meet him at the chapel around midnight, then he asks you to follow some lady. When the lady exits the city in the morning, crash. Every time. I had to took earlier save to continue playing.

Can't think of anything else at the moment except some odd crashes after playing lots of hours.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:03 am
Minor Diety

Ill add more when i remember :D

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:55 pm
Minor Diety

yeah good point, it nearly always crashes on exit. Stupid game.

Another one:

Bug 3: You stole!

Confirmed with fighters guild on both pc and 360, probably will be same with other guilds. Happened with me too. If you join the guild then go out in the wilderness with it as your active quest, bandits attack and you kill and loot, next time you talk to anyone in your guild you may get the "you stole from your brethren! You're kicked out!" message. Possible solution: Never roam around the countryside with your first guild quest active.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
King

yeah good point, it nearly always crashes on exit. Stupid game.

Another one:

Bug 3: You stole!

Confirmed with fighters guild on both pc and 360, probably will be same with other guilds. Happened with me too. If you join the guild then go out in the wilderness with it as your active quest, bandits attack and you kill and loot, next time you talk to anyone in your guild you may get the "you stole from your brethren! You're kicked out!" message. Possible solution: Never roam around the countryside with your first guild quest active.

confirmed and annouying

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:57 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Bug 4: Siren Quest in Anvil

Not hugely game breaking, though annoying. Basically in conclusion at the end of the quest, 3 people are meant to attack. Only 2 attacked, meaning I had to 'murder' the final one. It didn't go down as bounty, but counted as a murder on my stats and also resulted in a Dark Brotherhood meeting :roll:

Bug 5: The Hunters Run

At the end again, you have to come back out of the tunnels. Upon doing so, you usually freeze up with no control, though the game is running. To get out of it, open the console and type moveqt to go to the quest target. The quest then ran fine for me, until I had to get back out again, when I froze approaching the door. Again, moveqt fixed the problem.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Finding Your Roots quest. I collected 10 Nirnroot, made 4 of them into potions, and the journal still said i had 10 and that i could go hand them to the dude.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:02 pm
Minor Diety

dammit that one didn't happen to me! rofl

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

1. You stand under cover of a tunnel. Rain still falls on you.
2. Horses should be getting tired or even die after hard rides. Not in Oblivion.
3. Quest of saving Dar-Ma. When you do it, Dar-Ma is in the same room with her mother. If you talk to the mother, she'll ask you if her daughter is safe. (ridiculous)

Common sense:
1. You can't load game if any window(s) is opened. You should be able to.
2. There is not an unique shortcut for leaving/closing any possibly opened window.
2a. You cannot leave reading a book with the same button you started it with. Actually, there is no keyboard shortcut for closing a book. You have to draw the mouse and press "Take" or "Exit" button.

pevil wrote:
Bug 4: Siren Quest in Anvil

Not hugely game breaking, though annoying. Basically in conclusion at the end of the quest, 3 people are meant to attack. Only 2 attacked, meaning I had to 'murder' the final one. It didn't go down as bounty, but counted as a murder on my stats and also resulted in a Dark Brotherhood meeting :roll:

Didn't you try to bring an animal to get the job done? Either way, when the game obviously bugs, I do not see a problem with using cheats to 'help' it start working fine again. :)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]