It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Oblivion - Mole 
Minor Diety

Just had an awesome fight! Woot! I took an item from an altar in a dungeon... then these stairs came up, from the level below, with Zombie guardians on them and a door opened at the other end, and the [spoiler]King of Miscarcand[/spoiler] came out so I killed him.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks for the awesome speechcraft guide Moleman...I totally get it now! I still suck cos I have a very low speechcraft, but at least this time I know what I'm doing! ;)

P.S. I absolutely, positively, SUCK at lockpicking.

- Coach

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:25 pm
Minor Diety

Sorry for the lack of updates in my thread - I've been to engrossed in the game.

I finally got around to joining the fighters guild, the first quest in Anvill rocked. Well anyways, I done a few nice quests - like being a night watchmen in a store on the sea front, and managing to hide in a corner right infront of some robbers. I've stumbled upon some Wisps, and they piss me off being an archer.

I hit level 15, not far from max with my archery and sneaking, sneaking being closest. I need to practise some blade to get my self some strength, I can hardly loot and I can't take enough arrows to comfortably manage the oblivion gates.

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I'm on a similar path as far as blade and strength. I was encouraged to hit the arena with a sword and shield...good way to bolster blade skills (and strength as an aside) without major risk of pwnerization.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The arena was easy - with a little acrobatics you can get your self to safety in the tough fights, You can even hide if you sneak is high enough, so you can keep whacking them for extra damage.

You ever tried fighting someone with a Melee weapon and chaging back to a bow or visa versa? Well, you can clearly see the different way they act.

It's odd, I wouldn't say they are reacting, I'd say it was just the way they've coded the game, so that it's fair on the different types of player.

Some cool stuff has happened, I've seen pickpockets attempt to rob someone and botch it, and be chased by a guard and beaten to death.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I saw some dude try to pickpocket a chick outside Chorral, then get chased all over the place by a guard. They both went into a house out there...I waited for a few hours, then saw the dude walking around like nothing happened. I don't know what happened to the guard.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm wearing the cuirass that was a quest reward for Kvatch. The rest of my armor is fur, I think.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I found some good stuff just NNW of Anvill - theres a highway man that has some mythril (light) but then a later quest saw me finding some elven stuff, it rocked!

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just got the house in Skingrad, 25000 up swanny. Go me :) Found me a Deadric Bow, too. Wearing a few peices of glass armour, I'm level 22 I think.

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I foudn some mithril just outisde of Anvil I'm wearing now. Not a full set, but a nice improvement over the fur I was wearing before. Mithril FTW! This game rocks, but I almost feel like I'm being buried in quests.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mithril was a really welcome break. What level is your light armour now?

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm not sure, but it's not very high. I rarely get hit, since I usually just run backwards and pump arrows into people. I can't wait to hit expert in Marksman, though. :p I want to start knocking the shit out of people.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You mean the nock down ability? It's both awesome, and not awesome at the same time.

When you've been seen, it really is the best thing ever. It makes fights so much easier, even though it's a little awkward to hit a fallen enemy, some times it just doesn't detect the hit. Maybe just my bad aiming, but if I can easily hit moving enemies, still ones should be no problem.

When you're still hidden however, it can be quite annoying. My stealth is very high, 80+ I believe, which allows me to hit the dumber enemies, and still not get seen (so long as I'm not moving around/in the light etc) so when it whacks them to the flor, it's just irritating because I'm usually aiming from miles away - so it's even harder to hit them on the floor. I'd rather just whack the crap out of them faster.

One great thing is if they are near a cliff and you make 'em fall off haha.

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, enemies rolling/falling off cliffs are hilarious. And the fun thing is they take some serious damage when falling, just like you would. I don't know if any of you ever experienced it, but when you're a real lightweight you have a small chance of being totally "blown" away, ie that you change to ragdoll-3rd person view autmatically even. And it hurts!! :cry:

Satis, what's your speed? Just wondering if you're always running and pumping arrows and not getting hit, I would expect that faster, stronger enemies such as trolls would be a living hell for you.

- Coach

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next