It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Oblivion - Mole 
Minor Diety

Post Oblivion - Mole
Well, here's my thread.

Initial impressions of the game? Sweeeet. Nice graphcs, no frame rate problems, well done controlls. Load times - no problems so far. The usuall "loading area" for less than a second, and between doors ranging from 2-3 seconds, up to 6 second when I first entered the outside world.

One severe disapointment though - the draw distance seem VERY disapointing - nothing "pops in" however the flora and detailed land textures get sacrificed at a distance. Trees etc are still there in full detail. I can't screen shot it *Waaah* In general, no jaggeys or anything, which is good! But hey, the draw distance is of course due to the lack of an installation I guess.

But meh, compared to Pev's frame rate (which is still very playable but I'm not sure exactly what her settings are) I'm happy :D:D:D

EDIT: Just looked on pev's, the draw distance (Set to max for all draw distances) is still as short as mine *seems* but the land underneath is much more smoothly textured, mine looks blocky.

EDIT 2: Pev's grass distance is "medium"

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well, mucho's fun has been had. Sneaking about as an assasin is awesome - especially turning invisible. And shooting down things to get them when they are out of reach, owning skeletons in one shot and making them walk in to traps (splats, falls and slices) picking "Hard" locks... good God this rocks.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Shit the bed! It crashed! *waaah* not that I'd done anything, just shot an arrow in to a gate and tried to snap it by closing the gate. Didn't work.

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, shouldn't it be very rare for games to crash on the xbox and all? Cos if it crashes on a console, it's definitely gonna crash on pc. :evil: ;)

Btw, question @ Satis, Derf and Pev: do you have the option for HDR greyed out too? I can't seem to activate it yet I have a top-end gfx card. :/

- Coach

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:01 pm
Minor Diety

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:59 pm
Felix Rex

I have HDR enabled. It enabled it automatically when I first started the game and it detected my graphics settings.

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to dial it down. :( Just too laggy at times.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

HDR could be enabled on mine, but I'm not gonna, it'll lag like buggery. I have Bloom on though.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

On the PC, the word on the forums I visit is that HDR and AA can NOT be on at the same time. They are both automatically on on the Xbox 360.

And I think it's just microsofts crappyness shining through with the 360 crashing in general, it's happened in a couple of games but not so often that I want to swap my 360. I'm talking once every few weeks at most. But if it gets bad, I might just swap it for another 360 via microsoft (so I can keep my Hard drive) or just save up for a second one :D

My latest story is that I found an item in a dungeon, and sold it to a local merchant. Some hours later, an odd fellow walks up to me, and says something along the lines of "My boss has caught word that you recently sold a rare antique, and he, is a collector of such items. He would like to meet you, and pay you handsomely for them!"

Awesome!

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I had that happen too. Too bad I'm so busy with other things, I might actually do some artifact hunting for this guy.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I tested it, turn hdr on then AA and it will disable one or the other.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Speach craft ROCKS ASS in this one. It so fluid and nice.

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Having such fun picking things up and smashing stuff with it :D Funnest thing evar so far : Grab a skeleton corpes and make it stand up and dance :D

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Speach craft ROCKS ASS in this one. It so fluid and nice.

Would you believe I still don't know how exactly it works? :( I should read the manual I suppose...but then my character isn't exactly a people person, so it doesn't matter much.

As for the HDR thing...it's weird that Pev's card allows HDR to be enabled and mine just has it greyed out altogether. (with or witout AA or Bloom enabled) :/ :(

- Coach

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:19 pm
Minor Diety

speech craft confused the hell outta me at first, then you realise its fairly easy, though sometimes you get nowhere, other times it goes up fast.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok, you've got a sphere, with 4 options (quarters). I don't know what they are, so lets go clock wise from the top, calling the A, B, C, D.

An NPC will have 4 reactions to you clicking one of the four quarters, shown by the expression on his face. Hover over them to see how they will react. Do this quickly just as you start speachcraft, just to get an idea. The reactions are, in rough categories, Very Good, Good, Bad, Very Bad.

Ok, so now you know what this particular NPC likes, it's time to do something about it.

You'll notice each quarter (A, B, C and D) has a yellow portion, some mostly empty, and some mostly full. This is how much, clicking that quarter will affect that person. If you click on it, you'll notice that the yellow sections rotate clockwise. You'll also notice, you can only click each quarter once

The aim of the game, is to click on the most full sections when they are in the "Very Good" and "Good" Sections.

So lets say you've got this...

Hover over each section. In this example, the persons reactions are

A. Very Good
B. Bad
C. Very Bad
D. Good

So, what should we click on? Well, his reaction to C, is horrible and it will only have a small effect on him. So click that. This will cause the yellow bits to rotate clockwise. On to fig. 2

You'll notice that C is greyed out, we've already used it, we can't do that one again. So which option should we click this time? Well, his reaction to D, whilst good is only a small one. and reaction to A is Very Good and not bad size, but we can do better. His reaction to B is relatively bad and relatively small. So we'll choose that. Which will cause the yellow bits to rotate clockwise. On to fig. 3.

Well this guys not been having a great time with us so far, but that's about to change. We've got 2 options left, Both good. Low and behold, Option D "Good" will have the most effect on him. Click that, which rotates the yellow clockwise again. On to Fig. 4

Awesome! The only option remaining is A. Very good and it also has the most effect on him! Click that, and you're done for that session, hopefully with a possitive impression on that person.

Repeat untill your disposition with that person is maxed. Please excuse the bad images.

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next