It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Oblivion - Pev 
Minor Diety

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:36 am
Minor Diety

ffs i hate paint. I can't find my bloody photoshop cd either... GRRRRR God i really hate paint. I'll have a big search for photoshop tomorrow. Bloody thing.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I hope Windows Vista has a batch selection image format converter.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 pm
Minor Diety

I hope it isn't about £500... lol. Anyhoo had some more fun last night.

First I finished off taking Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple, then just left him there. Along the way I saw 3 Oblivion Gates. Decided to go see the Countess in Bruma about the house but ended up going on a mission for her, which involved finding some ruins through a secret lost tunnel.

Then rode to Cheydinhal to see the house there. That's the one Im gonna save for at the moment; 15k! But very nice, and I passed 3 more Oblivion Gates!

Eventually ended up in Bravil where there's a house for 4k. I bought it just as a place to get rid of the weight problems I was having. It's not too bad. However just after I bought it, I was attacked by the guy I got arrested before :S First time I attacked him back and after the Bravil guards were done killing him, they turned on me! So I reloaded and just ran away from the guy the second time.

And then I started to head back north and ran into yet another Oblivion Gate. I guess I let all hell loose lol. So I'm currently exploring it... with a magic sword I can't repair thats on 25ish health... and 5 towers left to explore...

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Spoilers!!! eval! I still have to meet Martin or enter an Oblivion portal :P

- Coach

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Felix Rex

lol....you've been avoiding the main story altogether, eh? :p

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah...but I did jump in Jaufre's place when I had to be there anyway. So I kinda started the main quest. Kinda. :P

The emporer and the empire can kiss it, there's no fun in killing non-innocents. :(

- Coach

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:41 pm
Minor Diety

well i was too tired to post last night :P

Went and wiped out my second oblivion gate, and also found what the sigil stones can be used for. Took out my first Daedroth... those bitches are tough! I had to go through a door and rest twice to beat it. Painful git.

Then I wandered to Cheydinhal to get fighters guild quests... only to find that despite the fact i've only been in the guild hall once, to join up, i apparently managed to steal something (god knows what) and got expelled. So I have to get 20 bear pelts now before I'm allowed back in :roll: Still, hung out in Cheydinhal a bit longer, and got another Watch captain arrested... I'm gonna have a lot of enemies.

Ran to bravil to drop off some loot in my house... but unfortunately managed to drag an aggroed bear with me, which killed my white horse while I was in town. So it was back to Cheydinhal to get a Black horse.

And to round off the night, I started the arena. Pretty easy at lvl 17, I had no problems until the three slaves, which is the first fight I didn't win first time. Had a brief go but then went to bed. Also gained expert Block and Blade, so I can now disarm, knockdown and shield bash, and I only have 2 more full gains before I'm an expert in Heavy Armour.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oblivion portals are awesome. Great way to level up, and some nice loot is inside if you can carry it all.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

had a brief stint earlier before it crashed (damned thing keeps crashing when i press exit now, though yesterday it crashed while quicksaving and consequently corrupted the quicksave, and today it crashed while 'loading area'... grrrrrrrr)

Made it to grand champion of the arena. The only fight that wasn't a walkover was the 3 slaves. Here's my shot of my 'Raiments' in my house:

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/champion.jpg

Then I finished off the Sins of the Father quest (well gotta go to castle yet) and was nearly there when it crashed :roll:

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, my game crashes pretty regularly. It was crashing REALLY regularly till I killed some Sun Java processes that were running int he background. jusched.exe and something else. It still crashes, but is much less frequent.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehe yeah well considering i have xfire, msn, zone alarm, logitech mouse, printer software, windows update, java, fraps and probably some more (and thats just in my taskbar) I'm gonna kill a few of them ;) It crashed about 5 mins into loading up earlier :roll: and just crashed again, so I'm taking a break to type this lol.

Anyway just had some fun. My first Arena fight after grand champion was mino lords. 3 of. ouch. But i did it, for a handsome sum of money ;) I'm nearly at the 15k I need for Cheydinhal. Finished off a couple of minor quests including Sins of the Father and the one with Thoronir. In fact, being lvl 17 was VERY rewarding with Thoronir; the 'helper' at the end fight dropped this:

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/niceloot.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/ebony.jpg

Just need the helmet now (and a shield, but that one kinda suits anyway, and is damn nice statswise)

And I look damned awesome on my black horse now

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/steed.jpg

Also returned to the chestnut wild horses to find they were all paints now. And the 'spoiler' creature got killed earlier :(

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol, nice. I need to level. :p Good stuff though...the ebony looks very nice.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I havent found much ebony at all. Just alot of daedric stuff.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:34 pm
Minor Diety

I noticed. bitch :P lol. No more Daedric shield for me, its gonna be on display. I just made the money for my Cheydinhal house but not enough to properly furnish it yet, so all my stuff is staying at my Bravil house for now.

Found quite a lot of Elven stuff in a few caves that I explored tonight, did a few more random quests etc. Just generally been running around and getting places bookmarked on my map.

One thing I wanna know: where does Dremora factor in? I would assume Dremora = Daedric, however in the strat guide it lists that, like in Morrowind, Daedric is the top heavy armour. However, this Dremora stuff, while nice and clearly gorgeous looking, is only really middle range. Ebony beats it by a long shot. Then again, its in a table with when it becomes available too; this could mean by lvled monsters (Daedric is apparently available at lvl 20, which I just reached) but it could also only be a listing of the stuff thats on sale. Even in the big lists, theres no mention at all of Dremora Longsword etc, only Daedric Longsword. Either way, I want my Daedric stuff!

Anything else I find thats cool (i.e. not steel or iron :P) is being kept to make sets to display ;)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next