It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Oblivion - Pev 
Minor Diety

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Minor Diety

I use windows movie maker. If theres any crap you can cut it out by splitting it into sections then deleting the section you dont want, then just save to your computer. You can choose the size in mb you'd like it to fit and it will alter the resolution for you. May not be flashy, but it works for me. You can even do some slightly interesting things like add music, text, fades etc. Works well enough for little gameplay vids like this, and its free which is always good ;)

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What do you use to capture? Fraps?

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:36 am
Minor Diety

btw heres a map of what i found so far. There's 18! obliv gates on there, 4 of which are closed, but after i made this I found 2 more gates, so I actually have 20. It shows the colour map mod too. But be warned, I have a LOT Of locations so may be minor spoilers. And excuse my crappy piecing together ;)

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/map.gif

edit: just been playing some more. I reached Champion of the Fighters Guild, and thought there had already been enough heart wrenching turns to the plot. Oh no. Right now my character is horrified and out to wreak some revenge. That's all I'll say. As ox said about the DB quests, if this was a film we'd all be crying!

edit 2: all is right with the world, and I'm guild master (mistress?). go me!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/master.jpg

I'm one rich lil bitch right now.
1. Full Daedric, mostly enchanted (except no gloves, no one wears the gloves, so they're ebony)
2. Chests full of pretty magic things
3. Fully Furnished Houses: Leyawiin, Bravil, Chorrel, Benirus Manor in Anvil, Cheydinhal

I'm currently worming my way up the ranks in Leyawiin too; the count there seems to like me so I'm being given special jobs. Yay!

Oh and found 3 more broken quests :roll: I'll post them in the bug topic

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Youre probably the only thing motivating me to play Oblivion as much as i am. You've got a good character and sounds like you got a fair share of property too.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:04 pm
Minor Diety

hehe ditto, I had to try and catch up with mr "oh im 31 while you're all 13" ;) Starting to itch to make a murderer now though, except I'm loving the nice loot; going back to steel and iron is gonna be boring :P

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well I was too tired to do any fighting tonight. So I bought the house in Skingrad and fully furnished it. I went from 65k to 7.5k. Then I collected all my loot from my Bravil house and arranged what I wanted to keep in the house (I'll get some pics soon) and sold the rest. Got back up to 35k ;)

And here are the stats (add 1 to the houses, I took pics before buying Skingrad)

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/stats.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/stats2.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/stats3.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/stats4.jpg

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- You dont train!?!? Foolish girl! :)
- Seems that you enjoy doing quests more than me :)
- hahah, im a pro thief compared to you!
- I pwn you at potion making too! hahah
- :) youve told 378 jokes, ive told 13!

Overall its seems your rushing around alot. Youve seen so many more places and done much more quests than me but ive done less and gotten more out of it. :D

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Minor Diety

- You dont train!?!?

Why train when you can raise it for free and get more satisfaction from doing so?

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:04 pm
Felix Rex

I don't train either...it costs too much. I'd rather just practice the skill. At low level, it doesn't take much to level up anyway. Like mysticism, I swear it took 2 casts of detect life for me to level.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Training sucks. I never used it in Morrowind, and rarely used it in UO (there you coudl only train to 30% of the level, and I'd only use it on the real bitch-ass skills that were a nuisance to raise). If I was gonna use training I'd rather just edit my skills with the console to be maxed. Cheaper and faster. Saves me having to find that master trainer to finish it.

I'm failing to see where I'm getting less out of the game too. I've got no thieving coz my chars is good (shes a Knight now, its official) and she's no alchemist (my murderer will be though for some nice poisons ;)). Speechcraft is a major skill so I have to make jokes! Quests... well I've been ignoring a lot, thats really mostly from Fighters Guild. And although I've seen all those places, I've only actually been in maybe 10% of them; I get sidetracked when wandering round to quest markers. If I see an undiscovered marker on my compass I head to it so it gets fixed on my map ready for another time when I feel like properly exploring ;)

btw love you talking about something taking too long in an elder scrolls game... have you seen the thread on the official forums? Some guys is bitching that theres 'only' 100-150 hrs of gameplay... the number of games we get brought back coz they were completed in a day or two... hehe.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well just had a nice little session. Started out by closing a few Oblivion gates near Anvil, and whilst I was there I did a quest for a woman in a farmhouse. I'll post the funny video tomorrow, but basically I think the fact her husband ran off to join some bandits whilst stealing her heirloom mace then getting killed by me sorta... flipped her mentally.

After that I did a couple of small quests for varying people, then decided I'd go visit a few shrines. Trouble is that they're worshipping daedric gods, and since my girl is good, she probably won't do any of them. Started one to free some ogres but I'd basically either have to pickpocket keys or kill guards for them. Not happening on this char.

So then I decided what the hey, lets actually do some main quest. My god. I just finished one quest that drove me batty. There are two ways to do it, undercover or 'kill them all'. Well couldn't figure which would be best way, so after a few tries I checked with the guide. Ended up ignoring the guide and finally got it done. So I figured that'd enough for the night ;)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

her husband ran off to join some bandits whilst stealing her heirloom mace

Hey, i found the mace, but not the quest to begin it.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next