It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Oblivion - Pev 
Minor Diety

i dont think dremora is an actual material.

Dremoras are a type of monster.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:56 am
Minor Diety

lol i know, but if i read my in-game description, its Dremora Caitiff and Dremora Longsword. And it clearly isn't as good as Daedric or I wouldn't have just swapped it out for an Ebony longsword ;) Then again strat guides usually have a few mistakes/missing things... like the fact its called 'Tatics' in the obliv one :roll:

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Every time i open the inventory screen and see "Apparatuses" i get so fucking angry.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:39 am
Minor Diety

lol derf, lets make Bethesda release a patch just to fix it ;) I love the "250 Gold(s) removed" message. Oh noes, I lost my golds! hehe.

Anyway had some fun today, got to lvl 23, closed another 2 oblivion gates (4 total now), hit 50 fame and found my first true Daedric items; a mace and a warhammer on bandits. Also finding a lot of glass stuff on bandits now. Still need an ebony helm. Found tons of magic Dremora stuff too. Oh, and despite closing 4 Obliv gates, there are at least 6 others open that I know of still. lol. Gonna take me a while to hit the 16 (well assume its 16, since its 16 Daedric princes).

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

btw been meaning to post these pics for a few days. This happened in the abandoned Akaviri fort I mentioned, that no one has been able to get to for hundreds (thousands?) of years. And yes, I swear, he died like that naturally, I didn't drag him there!

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/dangle1.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/dangle2.jpg

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I tried the firsat gate again last night at about lvl 31 and found it so hard, i gave up.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:31 pm
Minor Diety

lol not done any gates yet derf? Trouble is, they all level up with you ;) Mole did the first around lvl 6 I think, I did it around 13. VERY hard. There were a few areas I just ran through (after closing the gate; gate itself wasn't too bad) which worked luckily.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Nice skeletor pics Pev. :) I just did that place today, that was a fun quest! Actually pretty hard for me too. :(

Methinks I need to start the main quest, hehe..I'm too busy having fun in other things to go meet with Boromir. But I wanna see an Oblivion gate so I better hurry up. ;)

- Coach

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:31 pm
Minor Diety

Every time i open the inventory screen and see "Apparatuses" i get so fucking angry.

Amen.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol ox, don't get too interested in oblivion gates... I'm going to maek screenies of my map so i can count them properly but I'm pretty certain I have around 20+ marked now (4 of which are closed). It lags up my game one hell of a lot!

Anyway I've been running round doing a few fighters guild quests today. Ended up on the first set of duties, which involved going to Layawiin for the first time to sort out some drunk guildies. I got sidetracked by the Forlorn Watchman though, so that quest is still only half done. Oh and I'm almost up to 30k... now do I get all the upgrades for my two existing houses... I think so. Tempted to buy other houses though ;) hehe. I will eventually. Ooooh and I found a Daedric Cuirass! yay! Also hit lvl 26, took some pics of my skills etc at lvl 25 which I'll post tomorrow, gained Expert Armourer (125 durability!) and... forget what else. Block is now 90+, Blade is about 90 I think, and Heavy Armour isn't far behind. And str and end are both maxed at 100.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Got some pictures and vids to post in the morning. Just finished my nightly session of Oblivion. I've been concentrating on Fighters Guild quests, and I'm doing pretty well. I'm a Warder (no clue where that is but its about 5 ranks up at least). Just completed the first mission to try and sort out our 'rivals', which was great. Had to go clear out a couple of Ayleid Ruins with one of the higher members of the guild in order to find some guy with proof (on his corpse ;)) that these rivals didn't complete a contract. I've also taken the Guildmistress' son on a mission into a cave, and taken this retard out with me to find thieves (the retard later bailed on a contract and joined the rivals... ass).

Not only that but I fully furnished my Bravil and Cheydinhal homes, purchased the special manor in Anvil, and still made it back to 59.5k :P Finally got a Daedric Longsword to go with my Cuirass, and the first Daedric Shield I find (only one actually) was magic with something like 11% dmg reflected back, so thats pretty good. Finding a lot of magic loot now; one chest in a cave had something like 3 magic rings, the shield, a magic helmet, a magic 'vest', 2 spells, silver nugget and 60 gold. I've pushed my luck up to about 63 so that helps. Also pretty close to master with block/blade/heavy armour, they're all hovering at the 95 mark. And finally gained the roll from Acrobatics, hehe.

Anyway in the morning I have pics of my stats at lvl 25 (now 28 hehe), my map so far (pieced together in photoshop so forgive the gaps and crappiness) that I made in order to count the oblivion gates: 18, 4 closed 14 open, and also a video of a rather interesting...um... out of body experience that I had...

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And djeezes, how rich are you?! :shock: I don't even have a rusty nail to scratch my butt with...but then I'm also totally weak so I can barely carry along any loot. That makes that I have to select items on worth/weight ratio etc, which kinda sucks. :P

How much does it cost to have a house furnished btw? More or less.

- Coach

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:20 am
Minor Diety

Depends on the house and your merc skill of course. My Cheydinhal one cost around 20k (had 40k, went down to just over 20k) with 34 merc skill. My Bravil one cost less coz there were less furnishings and they were slightly cheaper (approx 1k, cheydinhal stuff is approx 2k).

Anyway first the pics:

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/easteregg.jpg - you might not get it, I didn't but I read about it; he's from Morrowind.

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/class.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/attributes.jpg
http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/Oblivion/skills.jpg

And thats what my stats were like at lvl 25.

Now for the video:

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/vids/outofbody.wmv ~21mb

Now let me explain this lol. My horse was almost dead. Run past bandits. Arrow to its butt and it dies. Now I've had my horse die under me before with no problem (except reloading, damned if i'll lose another horse!). But not this time. I was thrown from the horse, instead of just landing on the ground, and just lay there.

Then I realised the camera was detached. So as you can see I was able to run around, hit people (which was bloody difficult), loot people and even change views. Then I found my body had disappeared from the ground, and as you can see with me casting heal, I was simply invisble. Upon reloading the previous save, I was still invisible.

Restarted Oblivion and it was all ok. Horse died again, same bug happened. It was just halfway between Bravil and Leyawiin so whether it was a bug with the place, or just a memory bug, I don't know, but it was fun ;)

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I can't believe I forgot this, it was the best thing about Oblivion yet.

In one of the ruins last night, a bandits taunt spat with venom was "You move like a pregnant cow!"

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How do i compress videos small enough to post?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next