It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Oblivion - Rinox 
Minor Diety

I had a Dabaser, I can't remember what I got now.

Can you get magic items recharged somewhere? or will I have to join the mages guild or something?

I found a flame bow, which ROCKS but I'm outa charges.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

recharge: use Varla stone or be at 7th lvl (not sure what rank that is) in mages guild. I don't think there's any other way.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

you can pay people in the mages guild to recharge your items.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

you sure can. I found it too expensive tho.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:00 pm
Minor Diety

I'd like to add: I now found a Debaser too! hehe. From Agarnir (sp?). hehe. Guess we all got it in the same place ;)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:48 pm
Minor Diety

I hated that place...suddenly my 90-hp ass gets locked in a cellar with two guys wielding swords, one of them wearing dwarven and elven shit. :o I spent 20 minutes running circles around the 4 pillars in the room. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:21 pm
Minor Diety

Sorry for the double post, I didn't even realize that I had already posted in my own thread. :roll:

I hit lvl 14 today, mostly clearing up my quest log a bit with some random quests; like the Forlorn Watchsman...small quests but really enjoyable. :)

I decided to take up the invitation of the thieves' guild that I had gotten véry early in the game -because I spent some time in the bighouse for stealing- and met up with the 'guild'. I passed the initiaton quest and I can now call myself a member of the guild. The reason why I put 'guild' between quotation marks is because it's more of a loose alliance of independently operating agents, in case you don't already know.

Now, I haven't done many quests for them yet and I wasn't planning to tbh, I was mainly looking for the ability to fence stolen goods, but I'm getting the thieving bug. :) Just an hour ago I robbed the Bruma castle of the akaviri artifacts that are laid out in the showcases, all hard or very hard locks. With enough lockpicks and a bit of patience it's totally doable. And my stealth is up to like 50% and I can put some illusion spells to use of necessary. So I might do some thieves' guild quests, but that "thou shallt not kill" creed is not reallu my cup of tea. :(

Also did a few more of the advanced DB quests, and they're so much fun...hard, but fun. Two last ones were 'just' killing one single humanoid opponent, but the circumstances made it both special and hard. :) In the case of one of them I spent 15 minutes searching his house for him until I found where he was, I won't tell you what or how but let's just say his house sucks. :)

I guess the most important thing I have to report is my mage's staff of paralysis; it rules SO hard. Really, if it weren't for it I probably wouldn't be able to beat most of my opponents. :roll: Now I just let my opponents run up to me, I whip out my staff (and my robe and my wizard hat :P) paralyze the dude and they just fall over sideways...I switch back to fists and start beating them senseless while they're paralyzed! Muhahaha! When they are free again they have to get up first, which gives me some extra time to hit and not be hit; then I usually run back, whip out staff again, etc. It works like a charm. :) Who said Illusion magic is for sissies?! ;) I routinely trap souls to recharge my staff, because it may be cool but it's high maintenance...still, beats paying big money for it at the mages' guild.

Paralyze makes for numerous hilarious situations really, I've had plenty an opponent tumble down a mountain. Shame about the loot, but hey. And it's just awesome in general to fight someone who's stuck solid for a few seconds. Some of them even drop their sword, haha.

Anyway, other quests involved entering someone's dreams to help them out (puzzle time!) and the Burma countess' old Akaviri fort mission.

Man, I'm sure I have a lot more to say but this game has so many aspects that I just can't think of everything I've been doing of late. I can tell you that I haven't really started the main quest tho. :)

I have two videos with fraps showcasing my paralyze-asswhooping methods, but my previous encoding program's license has run out and I can't find something decent online, free or demo. I found one and it told me that my avi needed to have sound in order to be able to convert it to Mpeg 2. Wtf? First time I ever heard that.

So, who can point me towards a free, user-friendly encoding tool/program? The clips I have are 'just' 250mb so they should be really small when edited.

P.S. Khajit unlimited night-eye ability FTW! It's such a major help, even if I can cast light now. Light spells make enemies notice you, night eye doesn't.

- Coach

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:58 pm
Minor Diety

Good stuff ox. By the way, I demand that you head on down to the southern town of Leyawiin, there's a house there that you must buy, because I also demand you set up a skooma shop ;) You'll know why I said it when you see it.

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just use windows movie maker ox; ok, so its windows, but its what I use. Free and it works.

Just finished that Forlorn Watchman myself... man i hate those ghosts, but what a cool quest! I felt so sorry for the poor guy

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, I felt sorry I did a selfless deed with that quest :P but yeah, those ghosts where HARD. If it weren't for my staff I wouldn't have been able to beat them. :(

@ Mole: Will do! I'll go check it out...i'm getting low on skooma, so I might have to kill a few ppl to fix my craving :twisted:

Here are the vid clips of me paralyze-pwning some dumb powerhouses...first one troll on a mountainside, second one an ogre inside a cave (the blue screen is night eye, in case you wonder). Oh and check out the hyperkinetic jumping in clip 1. ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:11 pm
Minor Diety

Lol, the way the troll fell over the second time you paralyzed him was great. And night eyes sucks because it's so usefull.

What do I mean? I mean that if you are in a dungeon, it's great! You don't need to carry torches anymore, (I have a ring with a permanent effect) but because of the way it colours everything, you don't get to see the nice graphics. I'm looking for a "Day eye" spell/ring. The idea I had is that if you had Day eye, it would brighten everything up as though the sun was shining - so you could still see every thing in full colour.

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Couldn't you just make a permanent effect item with a "light" spell effect with a big radius then? That does what you said; throw natural (ie not-blue) light on your surroundings.

- Coach

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:59 am
Minor Diety

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol...I have a baby light spell I use when I'm looting, and a night eye one for sneaking up on people. Night eye expires real quick and sucks up alot of mana, though.

Lol, good stuff tho, Ox. I love the guy tumbling down the mountain.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next