It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Oblivion - Rinox 
Minor Diety

I love spike traps. I love it even more to lure creatures or enemies in them. :twisted:

Some more stuff...I'm doing the main quest with a little quest on the side here and there, still keeping away from all fighters-, knights- and bladesquests. That's for another game. :)

I'm happy to report my crackjunk is finally starting to pwn. And mostly thanks to having a daedric claymore (and dagger too) and a steadily rising blade skill. At 65 blade and 95 STR I do about 22 damage with a 100% intact daedric claymore. At 100 hand to hand and 95 STR I do...11 damage per hit. :evil: I understand they can't make hand to hand equal with materials -the lack of degeneration is a big plus compared to materials- but jesus, HALF the damage of another weapon without being near maxed in the weapon skill yet? That's ghey, sorry. :?

This post is mainly about my semi-love for oblivion gates. I mean, they get tedious if you fight every creature but once you get the hang of running them it's rather fun. Lots of stuff to jump, run and think quickly. I love to jump from one bridge to a lower one 10 feet down, instead of having to fight through another tower to get to it. ;) Apart from one gate I never found them too hard in terms of design either...they're pretty well thought out.

Anyhoo, I hope I can upload this clip just like this...it's something below 15mb, so I'm not sure what size the site allows for upload. :P It's running Oblivion gates 101, for the sissie fighters among us. ;)

EDIT: the answer is, no I can't upload a 13 mb clip to ck :P Just download it from rapidshare then...behold my running like a wuss skillz!

http://rapidshare.de/files/18083488/Obl ... 1.wmv.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:29 am
Minor Diety

Finished the main quest an hour ago...at around lvl 30. What can I say? Mostly w00t at the later stages, hehehe. I was really going like "whoah, dude!", great stuff. :D

Even a goosebumps moment or two in there...not that my crack junk character cares much for the fate of cyrodiil but you know. ;)

The story wasn't of the level of Daggerfall or even Morrowind imho, but still more than good enough to keep me going on. I have a feeling that there's even some post-climax mq left, but i'll only know that in a week or two when i have to return somewhere. If not it's a heck of a cliffhanger for the expansion(s). ;)

So, to summarize: loved the last part of the MQ. But let me warn you, get out your blades and/or bows and potions, cos it's not gonna be easy. :twisted: Good thing I had my staff of worms *rubs it*

I'm wandering around the land doing quest here and there atm...thinking of making a second character, quite the opposite of this one ('good', lots of hp, and a competent caster). I've found that with the right equipment/artifacts, you can make it to the end as just about anything. Which is cool in a game. I'm also starting to think about modding. Reading up on the wiki etc...I'm thinking a big librabry with ALL the books for one. Too lazy to collect them in-game. =P

P.S. in case anyone did the quest yet: lmao @ staff of everscamp! Gotta love sheogorath and his twisted sense of humor.

- Coach

Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:17 pm
Minor Diety

hehe saw moley boy do the everscamp thing.

Going to get on with MQ today with my girl I think, though right now I'm on the allies bit... damned gates everywhere... gonna take a tip out of your book with runningt he buggers. Anyhoo congrats Ox!

Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Congrats on Completion of the story dudemiester!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I did everscamp too. Funny quest. Like Pev, I've gathering allies. :( Pain in the ass, though the gates aren't too hard if you know what you're doing. Storm Atronachs are the biggest pain for me, for some reason. Though spiders are a bitch. Still downloading your video. :P

btw, php upload limit is like 5MB, just so you know.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks guys...and yeah, getting reinforcements is a bit of a drag but not too hard really. If you think this is a pain, you ain't seen nothing yet. :twisted: I hope your pc can handle about 20-25 creatures at a time. :P Still, what follows is really cool imo.

I managed to get reinforcements from every city except one...I didn't manage to figure out what the problem was -something with the guard captain- but I decided things would work out with a few men less. And they did. But I still say that the staff of worms is super handy in the end. Anyone got a hold of it yet? if not I'll shut up about it. :)

I actually created my second char today. Installed the BT Mod ( http://btmod.beider.org/ ) which is a Godsend. Tweaks all sorts of little things like increase the map view, make inventory larger (ie more pc-minded), show a durability bar below your weapon etc. Check the rest of the features out on your own.

The character is in many ways the complete opposite of my previous one. It's a humanoid mage with good endurance. :roll: The full list:

Race: Breton
Sex: Female
Focus: Magic
Sign: The Atronach
Main attributes: Endurance and Intelligence
Major skills: Blunt (heh), Heavy armor (heh²), destruction, restoration, conjuration, illusion, alteration.

Basically a sort of mage tanker, because as a breton you have an innate 50% spell resistance, and with the atronach an additional 50% spell absorption. Which means I absolutely PWN magic attacks. The heavy armor and endurance should make up for the rest.

The atronach is a bit of a spectacular birth sign as you might know. (increase your base magika with 150 points, absorb 50% spell damage but also unable to regain mana naturally) I've yet to see if it'll become a problem sometimes but from experience with my previous char you find plenty of potions of sorcery and welkynd stones. Should suffice. And I have my blunt skill to kick ass in case mana runs out. I've pondered taking alchemy as a major to make my own restore magika potions but meh, can't really be bothered with this char. We'll see. ;)

i'm happy to report that I have a whopping 300 Magika at lvl 1 already though, hahaha. and 70 hp, which is half my lvl 30 HP with my previous char. :roll: Didn't do much so far but get out of the starting dungeon and sewers and buy some iron heavy armour. Next step would be raiding some Ayleid ruins for welkynd stones and joining the fighters guild. :)

I'm not dropping my previous char just yet...just felt the need to start a second one.

- Coach

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:20 pm
Minor Diety

I signed up with the mages and fighters guilds, and have mainly been doing their quests. The fighters guild was pretty menial so far(kill some beasties, find a book, sleep with the guildmaster -erh, scratch that) but Pev liked it so I guess it'll get better at the end. :) I already know the mages guild; kinda random at first but involving in the later stages. And just generally cool. ;)

Also did the battle for Kvatch, I kinda accidentally stumbled in there and figured "what the heck". ;) I met Martin but I don't 'know' who he is yet so that's pretty much it...I don't really want to start the MQ cos I don't want Oblivion gates and daedra popping up all over the place just yet. I hope it's connected to the MQ and not on pure level, haha.

I'm about lvl 10 now - god you level quickly when you're a character that can take and deal damage- and my experiences with my magica-impaired uber caster have been interesting to say the least. :) I don't dislike my character and you can remedy most of the drawbacks of not regenerating mana by using certain spells, absorb items, welkynd stones, sorcery potions and so on; but there definitely is a devaluation of 'the atronach' compared to Morrowind. Because in MW you couldn't regenerate mana anyway when awake, atronach or not...here you really feel the lack of autoregen after playing another character. You know what i mean? before it was 'just' a disadvantage with a BIG bonus attached to it, now it's a big disadvantage with a big bonus. :) But anyway, like I said, you can work around it just fine. You just sometimes wish you had autoregen....but i'm sure I'll forget about that after playing some more.

It sure is different having high endurance and hp, wow. No more dying from jumping a little bit too high and landing badly, haha. And I can suddenly take a beating...with my previousn char I pretty much had to run after three somewhat direct blows; now I can just stand and fight (and block). Also, being a caster is FUN! I did learn that to be an effective caster you really had to learn using your spells instead of other skills, or you just won't advance fast enough. I.e., don't pick locks when you're good at alteration, use spells. Don't use torches, use light spells. Don't use a bow, use fire/ice/shock bolts. Etc! If you keep to that it's awesome...so basically the idea is don't think like a warrior and use your magic, even if you have a weapon and armor skill as primaries.

Btw guys, my inability to regenerate magica naturally has also affected my role-playing: because the ideal way to get a full magica bar again (and my magica bar is HUGE) is pray at an altar at a chapel or a wayshrine I have become a very devout Breton girl. :P As soon as I am in town I visit the chapel and pray; pretty much every day. Gotta love it. ;)

I think I might be enjoying this char more than my first one...that is, I don't have to run as quickly. It's still a bit of a freak character (Atronach anyone?) but it's a lot more practical. My other char had his perks too, though...the sneaking and killing was sweeeeet. But the lack of HP and the crappiness of hand to hand made him underachieve. :( Still, he's evil and bad to the bone. Tough call. :P I might add that the lack of most dope in Oblivion somewhat foiled my attempts to become a good crack junk. :( I was chugging down tons of skooma, but where was the moon sugar dammit! It's not even in the TES constrction set. :evil:

I might turn to the darkside with this character and do DB quests, eventually. I'll have to find a reason though...or maybe I just won't. We'll see. :P

Next 'grand plan' is to complete all Daedric shrine quests. I already did a good few of them, but I gotta find the majority still. I'll get there.

- Coach

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:43 pm
Felix Rex

awesome, keep us updated. And give us some pics of your chick!

Preferably naked and with arrows in her. :P

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Not my chick (naked, with arrows poking out of her) yet, bit some pics I took a long time ago of my CE. :) I kinda forgot about uploading them cos the attachment mod wasn't working back then etc. Anyway, here we go. Sorry for the bluriness...i'm not very good at taking pictures. :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:13 am
Minor Diety

So, now that I started playing again with my secondary char I figured I'd do a mini-update of the current state of affairs. :)

I've been working on the fighter's guild quest, but not fanatically...I try to have a variety of quests going on so I do other quests (or just random exploration of Ayleid ruins/abandoned forts) in between. It works really well tbh, I seem to enjoy the game more than by just rushing to finish quest lines. :)

The Ayleid ruins are practical as well as fun: I need Welkund stones for emergencies as a 'sorceress', so I raid them as often as I can. My policy is to carry 10 on me for regular quests, and stock the rest in my home (currently the Knights of the White Stallion lodge near Leyawin). I must have about 40 now. But apart from that the Ayleid ruins are just the "best" dungeons: fairly well-lit, with nice traps and not always undead to fight. Not that i don't enjoy the occasional fort ruins. ;)

Also been working on Daedric shrines as much as I can..Vaermina's quest was so sweet. Dunno if you did it before but it involves two families...ring a bell? ;) I may be 'good', but I can make exceptions for the Daedric princes! :P

Oh, did some quests I didn't do/find with my other char too. I especially liked "Caught in the hunt". Great quest...or the quest with the female bandits luring men in Anvil: it was somewhat different with a female char than with my previous, male one. It's those little touches that make this game so awesome.

And I've been appreciating the graphics and atmosphere a bit more, like I said in the other thread. It's funny how quickly the massive beauty of this game gets lost because you get 'used" to it. But walking around at dawn or dusk; or making your way through a forest during a lightning storm: wow, just wow.

Last but not least: been encountering a few small "villages" lately. Usually a few houses and an inn. One peeked my interest though: Hackdirt, somewhere South of Chorrol...they have a small chapel there with a strange book. And they're particularly nasty against outsider (ie you). Check it out if you like...I sense there's something amiss there. Maybe I should make a nightly investigationin their homes -all for the greater good, of course. :P

- Coach

Thu May 25, 2006 7:02 pm
Felix Rex

I already solved the Hackdirt mystery with my last character. :) Let's say that a quest will take you there.

Haven't done that specific daedra quest, though. Sounds like one I should be looking for. I'm running low on quests... once I wrap up the thieves' guild quests, I think I'll systematically search the wilderness.

Fri May 26, 2006 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, I did the Hackdirt thing yersterday too...I loved it. :) I think it's a reference to HP Lovecraft, but I'm not sure what book. I just liked the whole 'atmosphere'...it was clear SOMETHING was wrong, just not what. The 'Bible of the deep one' was a good indiciation of course.

I'm afraid I have to admit that i've gone from 'good' to morally questionable with this char, btw. :roll: After finishing the quest I returned there to talk to the inhabitants, and one of them disliked me so much that she attacked me. :o Then I systematically butchered the other townspeople...for the safety of mankind, shall we say. :P Anyway, I ended up doing homicide time in jail and got an invitation from the Dark Brotherhood. I might take them up on it later, seeing as I've crossed the line already. :cry: hehehe. I just can't play a good character...not TRULY good anyway.

Been advancing a bit more in the fighters guild and the mages guild. My character is owning more and more...I fight more enemies with spells or magical weapons so my mana pool gets refilled all the time. With around 350 HP and 350 Magika I'm pretty uber when fighting at full strength. It's good to be "strong" again in any case, compared to my crack junk who was a pussy. In more ways than one. ;) It's just not my style to play a stealther -even tho it was fun.

Doing Daedra quests as often as I can, and explore the wilderness a lot. I find it a welcome change from running all over Cyrodiil doing quests. ;)

Small question: when creating black soulgems, what star/moon/planet should I watch out for? Cos I've been trying to make some and no success so far...:(

P.S. I'm tempted to buy some of the mods. But I don't like to support that system. It's not that i'm opposed to buying add-on material, BUT it should be in correspondence to normal prices. I mean: if the Oblivion expansions costs about 35 bucks, and these things cost 2...you can see the discrepancy. A more acceptable price would be 20 cents.

- Coach

Mon May 29, 2006 7:25 am
Felix Rex

yea, those mods aren't worth $2, imo. Nice effort, though.

Anyway...err..the one time I made a black soul gem, I just went to an alter and there was already a beam of light going down on it. I must've gotten lucky with the day. There was also a necro there, amazingly enough. He even cast soul trap on the altar while I was watching.

So, anyway, go to an altar somewhere, then wait until dark. If you see a beam of light shining on it, put your soul gem in it, cast soul trap, and take out your black soul gem. If there's no beam of light, just wait 24 hours and try again.

Mon May 29, 2006 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Aight, thanks. I did do that -wait for 24 hours a couple of times between nights- but I never got the light beam. But this was very early in the mages guild quest line. Like, the first time you encounter an altar...maybe the game wasn't "ready" or something. No matter. :)

Btw, since you probably haven't done it yet let me give you a hint: The Vaermina shrine is located at Lake Poppad (Poppod?) which is near Cheydinhal. Just a little travellers' hint. ;) You'll love the quest.

- Coach

Wed May 31, 2006 5:57 am
Felix Rex

cool...I haven't been playing much lately. Just taking a small break. I'm certain I'll be back to playing again soon enough.

Wed May 31, 2006 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next