It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Oblivion - Satis 
Minor Diety

yeah definately save often. I've already accidentally attacked the Odiil brothers (the mouse annoys me sometimes with its 'left click does nothing but attack') and then I was on the road and saw a wolf and a lightly armoured guy running towards me; only after I started to beat on the 'bandit' first thinking he'd be tougher did I realise it was a guard.

Btw the brothers died when I did the Odiil farm quest; get no reward! Stupid father *sulk*

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What, no reward?! I say you break the old coot's neck! Erh, sorry.../DB mode off now. :wink:

Satis, whatcha been up to man? main quest?

- Coach

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:31 pm
King

yeah definately save often. I've already accidentally attacked the Odiil brothers (the mouse annoys me sometimes with its 'left click does nothing but attack') and then I was on the road and saw a wolf and a lightly armoured guy running towards me; only after I started to beat on the 'bandit' first thinking he'd be tougher did I realise it was a guard.

Btw the brothers died when I did the Odiil farm quest; get no reward! Stupid father *sulk*

They defiantly need to patch this game because I had to do the same quest 4 times. The brother just stood their not attacking. But me being the leet dood I am I killed all invaders and saved both brothers!

Thats what happens when your name is conan.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:30 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

Anyway, I did a few pieces of the main quest (don't wanna spoil anything) and have just been doing side quests since then. I helped some guy find his long lost brother and reclaim his birthright, found out a certain city is full of crazies devil worshippers (and killed them)...err....various other side quests. A few in the capital, but the place is annoying to get around in. :p

I think I'm level 7 now. I'm definetely enjoying the game, and glad that it DID get more difficult. Oblivion gates rule!

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

ok, so I spent some time in Bruma...Bruma's house is 10k, which I don't have...I have about 6k now. I did a quest there involving a vampire murder (that was pretty fun). I also did a quest for the countess or whoever. That was really cool. It involved a crappy old map and instructions written by a courier that was long dead. Pretty damned neat.

I ended up in an old abandoned fort populated with skeletons...and man, skeletons suck. My arrows do a little damage, but just bounce off mainly. Looks cool, but two of the fools are hard as hell to kill. Ended up using alot of fireballs. Killing a skeleton with a fireball looks call as hell, though, since it just kind of explodes into pieces.

Anyway, I managed to finish that quest and got a good ring out of it. I'm now trying to get the mage's guild recommendation from Bruma. I'm avoiding the main quest for awhile...there are just so many fun side quests to do.

I've also power levelled alteration and illusion magic (up to 25 each now) so I can cast night eye and a simple open locks spell. I haven't been taking many screenshots..mainly because I keep forgetting to start fraps. :p It's amazing how many arrows it takes to bring down some of these fools I'm fighting now, though. I'm afraid what it's going to look like in a few more levels. They're pincushions already....5 more levels and they'll look like porcupines.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

heh thanks for posting that satis; I'm looking at houses right now, got about 6.5k and thinking of looking at Bruma or Cheydinhal since they're both damned gorgeous regions. But then again after my chase south after the wild chestnut I might look south for a house too... hehe. Headed to Bruma for the main quest anyway so I think I'll take it that far and then leave the main quest again for a while; only started it up again because I wanted fame to please the countess in Chorrel.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeh ive seen some alcoholic NPC's as well as some generally hilarious AI.

Turns out RAI isnt as good as we all thought.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:12 pm
Minor Diety

I disagree. It has its flaws, but it certainly gets the job done. I refer to my poisoned apple incident...if you wanted to kill someone unsuspiciously, you could sneak into their home, steal all their food and put a poisoned apple on the table.

Wait a day or two and bang! Your target will be dead. :) Well, providing they didn't have anyone hungry coming over on a visit. :roll: RAI ftw...not perfect by any means, but it's the first step. Down with scripted stuff I say!

Cool screens Satis...you should see me trying to kill a stronger opponent with a bow and crappy steel arrows. It takes like 30 arrows to take one down cos I suck at bows. :( After beating on zombies for 41654654 minutes with my hands I found out that simple fire spells will take good care of them. A few minor fireballs usually is enough for your average zombie.

As for the horse in the main quest...I haven't done crap in the MQ yet, so I hope my magnificent evil horse won't be replaced by it. :(

- Coach

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:07 pm
Felix Rex

nah, you can have multiple horses...though I have no clue where either of my horses is now. One got stabled somewhere when I quick travelled. Where the other one is I have no clue.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh, cool. I cna't imagine what multiple horses will be like...my current one pretty much pwns anyone that comes near it. I actually have to park it out of the way enough so that it won't kill all my enemies before I get a chance. :roll: Yes, my horse is a better fighter than I am. :cry:

- Coach

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:43 pm
Felix Rex

hey, have you found any drugs yet? I haven't found any moon sugar, skooma, or pipes at all. WTF?!!?! It's driving me nuts.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I did find a skooma den... but i'm not gonna tell where ;)

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I found some skooma in some guys house upstairs. Three little bottles.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:18 pm
Minor Diety

@ Pev...funny you should mention that, I just killed everyone in that shack for their dope. :twisted: Landed me a grand total of 30 skooma bottles or something, hehe.

Satis; if you see two guys hanging around in front of a door constantly sipping a bottle...that's where you wanna be. :wink: I did a long time before finding any dope -I'm guessing Morrowind was a little more liberal when it came to laws. Slavery, dope, necromancy, etc..

Btw, this might interest you: there's an Archer shop in Bravil :) I'm lvl 11 or 12 and they offered a whole lot of steel and silver arrows (80 or something), a dwarven bow etc. Might be good to know for you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next