It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Oblivion - Satis 
Minor Diety

hehe stupid thing got killed by a mino lord on mine. Wonder why it doesn't like deer though... ;)

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I think you should be able to harvest its horn. :)

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:27 am
Minor Diety

Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:14 am
Felix Rex

ok, I have no clue what that's about. Ox wants to harvest my horn?

Anyway, I gave up on the thieves' guild for now and am working on the mage's guild. Just got all my recommendations and was starting my first quest (staff). Then I tried to turn on my computer this morning and it didn't turn on. :evil:

Troubleshot it down to a power supply issue before going to work. I'll be swapping that out during lunch and hopefully my system will be fully operational again. Bastard computer.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sucks ass. :( But maybe that explains all those little problems you've been having lately? Or did I imagine those? :P

- Coach

Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:20 pm
Felix Rex

Anyway....I'm back up. I'm doing DB quests now...and man, it's hard as a pure mage. I don't really have much in the way of sneakage skillz. I ended up power levelling alteration so I could unlock hard locks. Also did a bit of sneak buffing. What I really need is invisibility. At this point, with DB I'm at the point of going into a certain prison. With the mage's guild, I had to clear out the Bruma house, if you know what I mean. I suddenly feel very underpowered again. Takes me forever to kill stuff, and if I get hit a few times that's the end. :( I probably need to start investing in shield spells and the like.

Tue May 02, 2006 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Any progress so far? I think you just need some items that reflect dmg, both spell dmg and otherwise...I personally found that was what made the difference for my first (weak) char in the later stages of the game. :)

I haven't been playing too often lately because I

a) spend 4 hours each day commuting
b) can't stay up (really) late
c) had to wrap up some school assignments
d) got GW: Factions (yay!!)
e) now pc is acting up, see technical forum

But i'll get back to it soon enough. At least one of the abovementioned reasons has been taken care of already. :P

- Coach

Mon May 08, 2006 3:07 am
Felix Rex

well, I'm still playing. I've gone further in the DB and mage's guild quests. For DB I'm at the point of doing some cleansing, I've also accepted the dark gift, though I haven't turned yet. :P I'm waiting on that before I finish cleansing. Now that I have invisibility, I'm just going invisible and running away more than fighting. It just takes too long to kill stuff.

Mon May 08, 2006 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

well, I installed the BT mod (interface enhancement) and the naked boobies mod, just because it's pissing off Jack (isuckdickforaliving) Thompson. BT mod rocks...totally rocks. I like it much. Boobie mod is pretty funny. And has, of course, encouraged me to strip all my female victims naked once more. No piccies though...no nekkidness pics allowed, evern if they are machinima.

btw, gamespot has an oblivion tweaking guide thing up.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6148788/index.html

pretty cool. In order to download the mods, you have to be a member (free or otherwise)...of course, I just google em. Some of the prettiness mods are impressive.

Mon May 08, 2006 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Does it really make everything look that good? And how's the difference in performance as a result -if any?

lol@ boobies mod. I thought only pubescent teens downloaded those...but you wrapped it in a nice 'protest'. Satis, crusader for freedom of boobies sacrifices himself to look at pixel boobs; all for the good cause. :)

ANd yeah, BTmod is really what the PC version of oblivion should have looked like to start with. Crappy console inventory screens, tsssh. I mean really...they could spoil their hardcore fanbase a bit more (that would be a part of the pc gamers that goes way back). :(

- Coach

Fri May 12, 2006 3:26 am
Minor Diety

Fri May 12, 2006 7:08 am
Felix Rex

oh yea, I'm still playing it. I finsihed the Mage guild quest (end staff is the roxorz!) and I'm slowly polishing off side quests. Did Clavicus Vile most recently...good stuff. Totally good stuff.

Anyway...about the mage guild final mission:

spoiler:
Quote:
Wtf is the black soul gem for? I just killed the worm dude manually (while drinking alot of potions to stay alive/recharge mana). I'm guessing I could've taken him out with the black soul stone somehow, but the specifics baffle me. Answers?

Fri May 12, 2006 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

am I the only person still playing oblivion and/or reading these forums?

Anyway, finished the dark brotherhood quests. Next up is the thieves' guild.

Sun May 14, 2006 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next