It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Oblivion - Satis 
Emperor

I missed this before but reading the manual, say you specialize in combat, if you have both stealth and combat major skills, the combat skills will level faster. :)

I've seen it now in the generation window. Yes. Everything is written in the very window where you specify your specialization. I was not reading it till today by the way. :)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

so here's a screenie of my character's major skills (very much combat related) and just a general screenshot of the gameworld. Oblivion has aged very well... it still looks good even years after release. What's better is I can run it at 1680x1050 resolution with everything turned up. :)

I had to resize the screenies down a bit to match the attachment limits. :(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Heh... strange. Why taking acrobatics and athletics for major skills when they're growing so fast anyway? I'd level up 10+ times during the main quest only if I took only them (as two only major skills, abandoning the other five). :>

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Yeah, I love the sunsets, just so pretty :)

Full steel armour already? good going, whats your level?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:56 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah i never take acrobatics or athletics as major skills either. You will level too fast, and won't have much other skills that levelled, so your bonusses will be low (typical +1 or +2).

~King of Thieves~

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:33 am
Minor Diety

Oh yeah, with those two as primaries (and hopping around a lot) you will get your ass kicked all the time. :P *me hopes Satis will die a lot*

- Coach

Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:13 am
Felix Rex

Yes, steel armor. I was level 1 on that screenshot. I'm playing with the OOO mod, so running into guys that totally pwn me isn't very hard. In the case of that armor, several people that would pwn me chased me around on the roads until some guards took care of them for me. I then looted their armor. :p

I'm currently level 2 and still getting my ass kicked everywhere. :( Maybe I'll just restart again.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Yeah, I've heard the OOO mod is just stupidly tough for the first 4 levels :?

Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:53 pm
Felix Rex

indeed. I restarted again...I'm now an Imperial female and I switched out the acrobatics and the other one for speechcraft and mercantile. Once again I'm wearing steel armor and this time I also picked up a dwemer longsword. Very nice. :) And, once again, I'm getting my ass handed to me pretty regularly. I'll have some screenies soon.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

I'm not joining in on the Satis build stomping, but watch the speechcraft, I've noticed that if you use that a lot, like I do, then as a major it will also level you up far to fast, make sure your combat skills are in line.

Mine weren't, thus I got my ass handed to me a lot :?

As an aside, my observations...

70 disposition seems to be the sweet spot, especially if you want to get vital information out of somebody (IE beggers to tell you about the thieves guild). Often it will take a bribe or to as you can sometimes only get up to about 50-60 on speechcraft alone. :)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:12 am
Felix Rex

Thanks for the warning. I don't plan on doing the speechcraft thing too extensively, so hopefully that won't become a problem. I'm also curious how levelling up 'improperly' affects the OOO mod.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

The so called 'efficient levelling' is just a total pain in the arse, it is annoying to keep getting +2/+3's but the micro-management needed to get 3 x +5 is beyond my meagre attention span :?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:56 pm
Felix Rex

My character is now level 4 and still getting pwnt pretty commonly. Since I don't want to keep abandoning all these quests that are too hard for me, I've taken to using the 'little dog' approach. I aggro something, then run away and find something bigger to kill it for me.

For some reason mages REALLY pwn me... I'm not sure why. Hand to hand I can stand up to a lot more now then I used to be able to.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Jesus, nice lootz and nearly 6 Grand at 4th level?! I never seem to have more than about 2000 at a time :?

You still using the OOO?

I hate finding a fort full of conjurers, they totally piss me off..they just keep spamming scamps :evil:

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:37 am
Minor Diety

scamp spamming = Oblivion equivalent of zerg rush? :wink:

Reminds me, when is SC2 coming out again?

- Coach

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next