It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Oblivion 
Minor Diety

@ 11b. Download and use Fraps.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 pm
Minor Diety

I think I met a vampire. Not certain. He was trying to kill me (and I was running away ;)) but he was called a Vampire Witchfinder, so he was either after Vampiric Witches or was a vampire hunting witches.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, ok...I met one too, he even offered me to pass on the "Dark Gift" (was an NPC, not an enemy). I doubted a long time but decided against it, for now. He ran into an..erhm accident, so I can't take him up on his offer anymore. But if I want to become a creature of the night I'll just ask you where to find the vamps then, cool. :wink:

- Coach

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:34 pm
Minor Diety

There are definitely lots of very lame things about this game.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 pm
Felix Rex

I eliminated a nest of neck suckers in a ruined fort. :) Tough bastards.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

heh i've now taken out two full nests, one was for a quest after these vamp hunters heard about me taking out the first one. And the sweetest thing is that I now get paid by these guys 250gold for every vampire dust i bring back as proof of killing one of the suckers. Go me! I made about 2k in 5 mins last night! lol

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, sweet! I still haven't met another vampire than that one I mentioned...I must suck that my enemies don't level with me or something. :)

- Coach

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 pm
Minor Diety

Hey, I'm trashed after a two day rollercoaster (being sick yet deciding to go out, drink, have fun, sleep 2 hours, do Spanish assignment, take busses, play in a little class squash tournament, more drinking, fast food, more busses...home) and my body is aching all over. :/

But I had some time to think in between it all and I came up with this: what totally rocks about Oblivion...is that it managed to meet expectations of gigantic proportions, and then some. There are very, very few games that actually live up to the hype they/gamers create up front. I think that alone justifies saying that Oblivion is an instant-classic.

Another remarkable thing about Oblivion is that it managed to start a wave of upgrades, often just in order to play the game on a good setting. I know my new pc was bought with Oblivion in the back of my head, for example. I see it happening around me; lots of ppl upgrading especially for this game.

And apparently -if we have to believe Pev :wink: - the game is actually doing pretty well in sales too; not straightforward for an 'RPG'.

As far as I'm concerned, Oblivion trumps every hyper-anticipated game of the last few years in terms of living up to the expectations. More than HL2 and the whole shazam. :)

So much for my declaracion de amor for Oblivion. :) Yeah, it's a rant, but you try finding a massive game that doesn't crumble under the expectations. Cfr. B&W2 eh Pev.;)

I'll post more once I am recovered. Hopefully tomorrow. :roll:

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:05 pm
Felix Rex

what, games that didn't live up to their hype?

Like B&W2, Star War: Empires at War, FEAR, Dungeons and Dragons Online, and basically every other game in the last few years with only a few exceptions here than there?

<--- bitter, jaded gamer that thinks EVERY game should be as good as Oblivion.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol ox you bastard, you love opening up the bnw2 wound don't you :P *cries*

But yes, its true. Today we somehow managed to get ONE collectors edition in on pc. It was sold even before we took it out of the delivery box. On 360 the only other game we nearly have as many copies of is Ghost Recon. Nothing else comes close to the stock we're carrying. Not even Far Cry, which came out today.

And it's like me and Mole keep saying every day; they got something damned right. Even when you're in a really confusing plane of Oblivion, or facing a tough fight, or even just trying to find some random creatures, no matter how annoying it gets, you can't put it down. You just have to keep playing.

Finding new monsters is exciting too! Seeing if its something you recognise from Morrowind, or something totally new. I came across a weird spidery/scorpian/man thing earlier... turns out it was a Land Dreugh. It was great when I spotted it from a distance, I was so curious, yet so cautious too (well it might have eaten me :P) And things like the woman I saw leaving Chorrel on her horse, and a few game days later arrived at Bravil on her horse... it's just downright awesome.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

'Ox changed his avatar. :cry: I belived already it is a cosmic constant.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=1950

tempted by the colour map...

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Im not so quick to judge. I'll probably post an honest review in a month or so.

Im definitely getting the colour map!!!!!!

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:28 pm
Minor Diety

Me too, downloading now, need the mod manager too though

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

*me hopes they make the colour map available from xbl market place* *me knows they wont* which leads me to what I was talking about with Pev earlier - they should have an "open" Xbl market place. As microsoft are selling cheap Xbox 360 Dev kits, it'd be a great place for people to create small games, mods, etc :D

I need a little help people. I've been selling stuff at as high of a price as I can sell it, yet my mercantile skills is stuck dead on level 29. It hasn't moved at all, I've tried selling in bulk, selling one by one (the usual method) selling big items, small items, cheap items, expensive items, haggling high and haggling low. It just will not raise. I know personality is it's governing skill - but pev has the same personality level as myself, and her's is raising ok. Any ideas? The strategy guide and a google turned up blank.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next