It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next
Oblivion 
Minor Diety

whats with 360 screens looking worse? The people look stuck on, and where you're in 1st person i'm praying to god they're enchanted coz those hands are terrible

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's a console...nuff said! :) Hehehe, jk...I dunno, I agree that the graphics look slightly more cartoonish on the Xbox screens tho.

Oh, and two (seperate) reviewers mentioned that the PC graphics seemed slighlty better than the Xbox 360 ones, but....that's MONSTER pc's vs. xbox's, of course. I'm pretty sure our pc's aren't gonna do better. :( Even if me and Derf are on pretty high-end shiznitz.

- Coach

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:09 pm
Minor Diety

This is one thing that I was worried about happening on the 360, sorta, I'll explain.

The Xbox 360 hardware, at current, far surpasses that of the average household PC. Plus, it's hella customised purely for game engines, graphics etc.

However, my worry is that due to that amount of power, it's going to be a couple of years before we see anything that is really going to hit the Xbox 360 right in the nuts and say "eat that bitch!"

I mean, the playstation 2, for instance has only just had black released. Black being the first game designed to push the ps2. The ps2 has been out for what now? Around 5 years? Just under maybe. Anyway, my point is, I don't think anything is going to hit the Xbox 360 that's gunna blow me away, and these oblivion pics, whilst baffeling, are also proof of that.

They are baffeling because of what I just said. The 360 has so much more power. Ahwell, maybe it's just because they want to give the PC gamers a little more to look forward too, as this is where ES started out.

On a side note, look at BnW 2. That's a very nice looking game, with lots and lots of smaller things going on (for instance thousands upon thousands of villagers, each doing a job and living thier lives) and that game took 4 years to make.

What are they going to do with the games that will push the 360? Or even top of the range PC's?

It's going to get to the stage where we are waiting 5 or more years for EVERY game.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What are you babbling about? It's not the graphics that makes a great game.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:52 pm
Minor Diety

no it isn't derf, you're right, but you can release an amazing new game, best gameplay ever, but if it had graphics like, say... Warcraft 2, people would complain, and few would buy it. I personally don't care about graphics (hehe gotta love the old games with 3 pixels on the screen at a time) but I know most of my gamer friends wouldn't buy a game if the screens on the back/internet didn't look half decent.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What are you babbling about? It's not the graphics that makes a great game.

I agree! Which is why I still will buy the game. However, at the price they are charging for 360 games, that are only single threaded, I want more for my money.

Like I say, I agree, but saying "it's not the graphics that make a great game" is like saying "it's not the advertisement on TV that makes a great film"

But it's still what makes you go to SEE the film.

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

you can release an amazing new game, best gameplay ever, but if it had graphics like, say... Warcraft 2, people would complain, and few would buy it.

What's this? Pev accepting the existence of stupid trends within general population?! What's the world coming to? :o

Anyway, i dont think these arguments are quite applicable to Oblivion, because although we are seeing some reductions in graphical expectation, it is still (by far) a game that looks good, rather than a game that doesn't.

And yes, 3*1 resolution pwnz!

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:40 am
Minor Diety

Whats this! Pevs always known people are stupid, thats why she hates them so much ;)

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Pev is the one that tells us people are stupid... Anyway, I know it looks hella nice. There's just no reason for it to look worse than the PC version ;)

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-scro ... 014p1.html

nothing spectacular, but again very positive.

Something from one of the previous previews I posted:

[quote]There is a side quest to look for Rythe Lyhandas, a painter. I came across it, while going through random open houses. Inside this one house was his wife. She told me he had gone missing while locked in his studio. She knew he hadn’t gone out, but when she checked the room, he was gone. She gave me the key (Guess I looked trustworthy?) and I checked the room. Inside was a special painting. When I clicked on it, it transported me into the painting. The first thing I noticed was that all the graphics had changed to look like an oil painting! VERY cool effect! As soon as I got in, I found the painter who told me that he used a magic brush for his paintings. This brush allowed him to paint from inside the painting and whatever he thought of, painted itself (there is a whole back-story he told, but we won’t get into it now). It seems that a thief got into his studio, stole the brush, locked the painter into the painting, went in himself, and then painted “Paint Trollsâ€

- Coach

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 pm
Minor Diety

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Unconfirmed rumours of release date (apparently from publishers Take2) = March 23rd.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:39 am
Minor Diety

except thats a thursday so IF its true, it will be the date we've had listed for ages over here, which is 24th march. But as i keep saying, til either Bethesda announces it or we have it in store, i wont believe it, coz we had a listing of 25th november until the week before that.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:16 am
Minor Diety

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=249750

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next