It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
Oblivion 
Minor Diety

Typical of me to look for things i dont like. 2 minors, when the guy was walking and stop to stand still, the stoppage was sudden. It would be nice if they could make the stop flow slightly. Second, when he was going up the stairs you could see a violent bump for each step of the stairs. I didnt like this. I hope they can make this flow much better too.

Good to hear theyre taking time out to improve optimisation.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:47 pm
Felix Rex

jesus christ. I'll have to take a couple days to digest this. That's alot of new shit.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe...only makes you want it even more. :twisted: Man...my RPG alter ego (well...) of homocidal maniac is gonna have a blast! I'm sure I won't have any troubles getting into the Dark brotherhood...remember, they find you, you don't find them. :) It worked the same for the thieves' guild in Daggerfall, dunno if that still is the case in Oblivion.

I'm gonna watch the vids again I think :P

- Coach

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:33 am
Minor Diety

Quote:
Picked up the new march EGM today and to my vast pleasure, it has a two page article on gameplay for Oblivion. Its done in a narrative format like the Game Informer article from last month. Here is a little quote from my favorite part.

"Early in the morning, I find a seemingly free pony at the stable and set off on a quest to assassinate someone swarthy. A few hours later, I'm hiding from my pissed-off stolen pony inside the Inn of Ill Omen, thinking that its pretty damn aptly named. The pony went bad after I accidentally stabbed him while trying to kill a rabid wolf. If I hadn't been distracted by the majestic herd of deer springing through the glen along the path, I might've been more prepared for the beast. Combat here is much improved over Morrowind's random die roll powered mess. And though I can control the strength and timing of my blows and blocks, my pony clearly thinks I need more practice."

- Coach

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:12 am
Minor Diety

btw ox, CE is listed again so i'm gonna preorder you it today ;)

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:55 am
Minor Diety

I can't afford either version, but meh :P ;)

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:22 am
Minor Diety

Man I wish those were real... maybe if I preorder and buy enough sims games they'll give me a real one...

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

btw ox, CE is listed again so i'm gonna preorder you it today ;)

Yay!! Pev Rocks!! Erh..I mean she sucks...yeah, that's it :P ;)

I was already hoping that posting that bit about horses not just being sock puppets that you can hit indefinitely would make you more inclined to help me. :wink:

- Coach

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:24 am
Minor Diety

Got the newsletter just now with 3 new screenies!

1st piccie: This seems to have no AA. It might be a 360 screenie. I dont know, im no expert. Anyway, for some reason i get the impression the graphics here are on low(ish).

2nd piccie: HRD overkill on Mr Oranges face there. No mouse pointer, i guess again it could be 360.

3rd piccie: Aaaahh, thats more like it. Gives the whole Morrowind feel back to me again.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:55 am
Minor Diety

yeah i got the newsletter too, haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There's some controversy on the Oblivion forums following the release of the screens Derf posted...some people fear that the graphics have been scaled down to improve the FPS, and it must be said that the difference between the first two screens and earlier Oblivion graphical niceness is BIG.

Other theories have to do with the developers having to scale down for the Xbox after all -most movies we've seen so far were high-end pc material-, or that the devs released a few med/low-end screens in order to not scare off the gamers with average machines.

Who shall say? :) I don't really care...gonna buy and play the game anyway.

- Coach

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:59 am
Minor Diety

Of course, but its strange nonetheless. Why would they release lower detail images without saying so? This would just make the game look worse, because as we all know, screenshots are traditionally supposed to look thier best.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:54 am
Minor Diety

True...there's also a lot of talk about the screens in mags being much better than those online, so myeah...who knows. Maybe all the magazine pics are doctored! Muhahaha. ;) Bethesda always has been sparse and seemingly nonchalant in releasing game media, so maybe they just don't give a rat's ass what development stage the pics are from. :)

Anyway, new info tidbit:

Quote:
Stealing:
Pete Hines explaned, that one of the important new gameplay-elements is bigger consequence from stealing and breaking into peoples homes. Its now harder to steal objects, because the city guards now can see when you carry around stolen objects and items, and will confront you when they see it. Furthermore, the stolen items cant be sold to normal shopkeepers, but only to special recievers of stolen goods, which is some very secret types, you only can find by sniffing around in Thieves Guild.

- Coach

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next