It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
Oblivion 
Minor Diety

So in other words, pawn off the Wabbajack. :D

Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:05 am
Minor Diety

As you might have read on the Oblivion forums (Derf?), the Skull of Corruption is said to be in as well. :)

Quote:
Description: Using the Skull of Corruption on an opponent creates a duplicate of the victim. However, this duplicate will attack the original, not the wielder of the Skull. There is a story about the Thieves Guild Master and the skull that is probably fiction, but highly amusing. The Master used the skull on her enemy, creating a clone of him to fight. After defeating the original, the clever duplicate snatched the Skull from the Master and used it on her. Although the cloned enemy could not directly attack the Master, it could use the Skull to create a duplicate Master. The two clones jointly ruled the Thieves Guild for years.

Oh man, Oblivion is gonna RULE SUPREME!! It's like Daggerfall on steroids with a simplified RPG engine...not sure if I like that last bit, but could be worse!

- Coach

Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:19 pm
Minor Diety

I was never a big fan of poncy magical gizmos.

And yes, youre damn right Oblivion will pwN h@Rdc0r3!

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:22 pm
Minor Diety

http://bethsoft.com/newsletter/devdiary_1.24.06.html

From yesterday: Issue 01.24.06

Quote:
By Pete Hines
As hard as it may be to believe, we're nearly there. It's just about time to get the game, and it's definitely time to pre-order if you haven't already. As such, I've been asked to say a few words about what you'll be getting when you buy each version of the game, along with a few samples to whet your appetite.

As most of you are aware by now, the game comes in two flavors: regular and collector's edition. The regular edition packaging has this "worn book" feel that we wanted to go with, almost a linen color. The one you see here is probably the 125th (or so) iteration of this box. You wouldn't believe how many times it gets tweaked and modified over the course of the project (I blame Todd, you should too). It looks almost exactly like a quest book you can find in the world. The PC version has a nice flap with more pretty pictures inside. We're very fond of our box. It's the sort of thing we're proud to put our game inside. Whether it's PC or Xbox 360, all versions of the game will get a couple of standard items.

Check out the link for the items...think i'm getting the CE. I LOVE games that actually put an effert in the box and the artwork and manual anymore. Reminds me of the good old days when everything didn't used to be sold in DVD cases. Kudos to Bethesda! CE!!!

Then a link to the trailer for the "making of" DVD that comes with the CE:

http://static.bethsoft.com/downloads/vi ... oc_trl.mov

r-click, save as.

And last but not least: the latest fan interview!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=223640

Check it all out. Only a month or two, ladies and gentlemen!! Oblivion is almost upon us! :twisted:

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:47 pm
Felix Rex

cool Already read the interview, but didn't see the other two things.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah. Got the news letter today and saw the movie. Kinda funny, but same old non-revealing stuff from bethesda.

I just cant wait. I actually considered doing 2 things today after the newsletter:

1- Pre-ordering the collectors edition from the US. (which could end up costing me about £80).

2- Buying a P4 670 cheap from ebay to pump up the funk on my PC. This would cost me about £300.

After thinking about the money i actually have, and the fact that im a student, i thought...leave that thought for another time.

Cant wait to start crusading/exploring a la paladin/ranger style.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:32 pm
Minor Diety

hehe...make sure you take a look at the trailer. I'm definitely digging it...all the wonderful design issues (programmers looking at horses' physiques and buildings etc), artwork sketches (whole freaking wall of neato sketches) and lots of nerd excitement. (Captain Picard!)

Also, the last shot is of Todd Howard reminiscing how he'd tell everyone he'd make videogames for a living later when he was a kid, and that they'd say he was a nerd and should go back to the chessclub...and who's laughing now? He's right, you know. If I spent less time beating up nerds in high school I might have become a really 1337 programmer. :cry: :wink:

EDIT: was meant @ Satis's post...just to avoid confusing now that Derf posted in between :P

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:33 pm
Minor Diety

Someone who had some photoshop fun with an Oblivion pic

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1483/jack6it.jpg

- Coach

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:48 am
Felix Rex

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I thought it was kinda cool...Jack Thompson is an insane fascist attention whore, so I kinda like how he ties in with the outlander racism of Elder Scroll's morrowind. :P

Did you hear about his new thing? He's criticizing Microsoft for making Flight Simulator, because it would make kids fly airplanes into buildings. Hahahaha.

Quote:
But, as JT's letters always do, it degrades into a messy rant against the video game industry in general. At one point, JT refers to Microsoft's Flight Simulator as a training simulator for the 9/11 terrorists: "What's next, Paul, a game in which players can practice flying commercial jetliners into the World Trade Towers? Oh, I forgot. Microsoft already did that."

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 am
Minor Diety

sorry ox but that was lame. wasn't even well done photoshopping; looks like something i'd do ;)

nothing surprises me with jack thompson.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

My pc is sooo gonna have to run it on lowest specs *sigh* oh well, once I find a new job I'll save for a 7800 gtx ;)

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Awesome! :twisted: I match the recommend settings, and then some

Recommended:

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1 GB System RAM
ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

3.4 Ghz, 1GB RAM, x800xl

This is gonna be sweeeeeet

- Coach

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:21 pm
Minor Diety

lol i do except my gfx, 3.5cpu, 1gig RAM but only a 6600 *sigh*

Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I match it too, except im still not happy.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next