It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
Oblivion 
Minor Diety

Heh, you mean a customer came in and started talking about Oblivion and you ended up chatting for almost a half hour? Cool! :) If it was a pretty girl, give her my address. I'm sure she'll hop on the first ferry towards me. :roll:

@ Derf: where did you get that pic? I mean, which dev diary?

- Coach

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:10 am
Minor Diety

no ox it was one of the usual geeky guys :P want his number still?

but yeah, thats a cool thing about working in a game store; you get people who like the same games as you. I met a guy from my EQ2 server there a few weeks ago actually lol. It's even better if you're stuck in a game and someone comes in who happens to know how to get past it ;) In fact 2 years ago i helped someone on the first splintercell rofl

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And sounds like GAME is like one of them dating supermarkets, but for nerds. ;) (you know, the kind where singles come and certain items in yout cart are a 'code')

http://www.pinkfridge.com/lal_dating/supermarket.htm

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:56 pm
Felix Rex

oh sweet jesus, that article makes me want to cry for humanity.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

and sappy songs about sex and cheating
bland accounts of two lovers meeting
make me want to give mankind a beating

- Coach

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:28 pm
Minor Diety

lol yeah well the scary thing is you do get some geeks trying to chat you up. Like this one fat guy who's your classic gaming geek. He plays NWN and always comes in going on about crap like "well you see I made this training level where you train against chickens til lvl x and then, you see, you go onto training against orcs! *insert geeky laugh at some apparent joke here*" who'll go on for hours and hours with no encouragement or even attention until another customer comes along and you actually start talking to them instead.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I got that screen from the ES forums, which was a link to an xbox site i think.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:27 am
Felix Rex

haha....gaming dorks trying to chat up chicks working at a gaming store. How classic.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

worst one was when my colleague liz was getting called 'love' and 'darling' by some really old woman.

Or the grandma who's in every week telling us "my grandson loves spiderman, whens spiderman 3 out?" (2007, when the film is released) "oh ok, he comes round to play his gamestation every night after school. Loves his spiderman. Have you got that spiderman 3?" (no its not out yet) "ok well I'll tell him. Is this spiderman 3?"

*sigh* Worst of it is she's slightly bloody deaf, so not only do you have to repeat yourself, you have to do it at the top of your voice :roll: she was in today, Liz was serving her, the customers i was serving were saying "oh bless her"... yeah, you wouldn't bless her if you had to put up with her!

Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, I think it's sweet rather than anything else that she'd do that tbh, and the fact that she's bugging you is just added value. :P :wink:

- Coach

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:50 am
Felix Rex

I think she's an old psycho chick hitting on Pevil. Watch out Mole, and old woman might steal her from you!

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

rofl except liz always gets her... mwahaha. I always try to run. We also have a convicted paedophile and an ex-england football player come in the shop... methinks we have a gate to oblivion in our stockroom (well it is known as the room of doom - we have mushrooms and a ghost in there)

Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Who's this former national team player that loves games? :)

I found a forum with a complete scan of one of the first reviews in the mainstream press, namely PC Gamer UK. Enjoy :) :)

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm? ... did=568436

This page in particular is SEXY

- Coach

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:59 pm
Minor Diety

and its David Batty.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha, I LOVE David Batty...well, I did back when I was playing Fifa 98', he was a slow-ass bastard that would always get yellow or red. Tell him his former manager said hi. ;) jk lol

And that review is so dope, I just read it. (before I skimmed over it and looked at the pics) Makes me want it extra hard!!

- Coach

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next