It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PPG Infinity Engine Modlist 
Post PPG Infinity Engine Modlist
Almost a year ago, I decided to create a comprehensive list of all the mods made for Baldur's Gate 2. As time went by, the list grew and grew, and was eventually complemented by similar lists for Baldur's Gate 1, Icewind Dale, and Icewind Dale 2, as well as lists of all the various modding communities and portrait sites. To say that it took up quite a bit of time is an understatement. All of the lists were posted on numerous sites around the 'net and usenet.

To make things easier for me and more convenient for players everywhere, we at the Pocket Plane Group have setup a centralized database to consolidate all of these various lists. This new setup allows for easier categorization of all the mods, as well as allowing mod authors to submit their own entries.

The database is by no means complete just yet. TeamBG is still down, and a few other sites are inaccessible, but they will be added when and if the situation changes. The database population will be an ongoing project of ours for the next several days, so please bear with us. Feel free to help us out, however, and submit your own links. Please note, however, that only completed/beta mods will be listed.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone individually for making the IE modding community one of the most diverse and vibrant groups around. Without you all, my work would all be for naught. :)

So, without further ado, I present to you the Pocket Plane Group Infinity Engine Modlist: http://modlist.pocketplane.net

Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:03 pm
Minor Diety

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:28 am
Minor Diety

woohoo! the list ROCKS! Keep up the good work! :) If Minto ever returns I will probably be active again in the bg2 modscene, but it's not looking great. :(

- Coach

Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:31 pm
Emperor

Well, no offense intentioned, but I'd add one page with download tree.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well yeah, but you know...I sustained a trauma by the TOIW problems. ;) hehe. i'll return to it sometime, no doubt. But just not anytime soon. I still gotta replay BGII a few more couple of times. ;) Currently thinking of a bard-only party with all the big gun-mods installed (as far as they are comaptoble, of course). That's GOTTA be fun. ;)

- Coach

Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:07 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
had a quick look at the unfinished business mod, looks very interesting. might give it a shot when i can be arsed. :wink: like the look of the new ranger kits.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:06 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Quote:
Well yeah, but you know...I sustained a trauma by the TOIW problems.

If Minto's previous work (TDD) is anything to go by, ToIW is probably not the best example of where modding is at in terms of quality right now, although I'm sure he's improved etc etc. If you're replaying BG2, you're really going to get a lot out of downloading some of the WeiDU mods, the majority of which are very well supported and widely played, and adding them in.

to be fair ox' has played through quite a few of the BG2 mods, like ascension, etc so he knows what he's on about :wink:

welcome however :)

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:08 am
Minor Diety

yeah, I've gone through the more 'famous' mods, who are all pretty cool. Lichs and dragons making full use of their potential instead of acting like a n00b rocks. ;) I haven't been keeping track of the bigger mods and TC's though.

And granted, TDD sucked kinda. (compared to the later stuff) But TOIW was very impressive, certainly for a virtual one-man project. :) I'll be sure to make a very thorough search of the database before firing up a new BG2 game tho. :)

- Coach

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:15 pm
Minor Diety

Ok, so I started a new game! :) I installed most of the tactical challenge mods on the modlist. tactics, turnip golem, improved battles, improved asylum, super firkraag, etc. Apart from that Ascensension and Redemption, baldurdash etc.

I thought about the Sola mod, I played it before and it was pretty good, PLUS there were some fun battles in it. But, it would kinda have clashed with my idea for a setup: I'm going with 4 bards (regular, skald, jester and blade bard) and a fighter. Originally I wanted to go with the 4 bards, but methinks that i'm gonna ease up on myself and pack along a fighter of some sort. :) Prolly a nice dwarven barbarian. (yeah, call me a wuss :P )

- Coach

Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:42 am
Minor Diety

How's the turnip golem? I thought of him before too.

Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:03 am
Minor Diety

Hehe, haven't met it yet, but i'll let you know. I'm still in Irenicus' place, slowly taking out Ilyich's buddies. :) I just had a go and took out the monk (rasputin). Next on the to-do list is the duergar with the crossbow...he's got a +2 weapon, if i read the convo correctly. Which is what i'll need to take out the golem. (or, alternatively, melf's meteors)

it did change a bit in view of last time I played it though...the opponents that spawn when resting aren't Rune assasins any longer but a duergar fight and mage. Plus, all doors stay permanently open now...which takes away a lot of the cheese. :twisted: When i went through it with my solo barbarian it was largely thanks to the doors (and the facts that the AI can't open them) that i beat it.

But, with 5 party members this shouldn't be a problem. I'll send you pics of my party members soon. ;)

- Coach

Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:58 pm
Emperor

What was happened? Too much coward to run into and slay them all with one single slash - :lol:

- heheh, that Irenicus' Dungeon took me half o'day with one diviner-led party so I kicked all these extravangant things out. :twisted:

Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehe...they can be pretty hard yeah. Trick is to take them one by one, and in the right order. I beat them yesterday night, and I think I'm gonna take on mencar pebblecrusher and co now....they're not gonna be any easier. :)

So, I got 4 bards, right? I figured I'd stay in the mood and use the pics of some hottie 'bards'. At first I thought "mm...this is gonna look so sad", but then I realized I'm 22, single and playing a PC game featuring elves and magic. :roll: It's not like I was gonna make things worse. :twisted:

So, without further ado, I present you my hottie bards:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next