It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Druid Grove - Windspear Hills - Evil Path 
Minor Diety

Post Druid Grove - Windspear Hills - Evil Path
I`ve been approached by some Lord to poison the druid fontain, never had this opportunity before, must be since my reputation is so low :P . Now i just want to check if everything went as it should.

I went to the grove (had rather big diffuculties with druids on my way), talked to Faldorn who told me to bugger off. Checked the fountain out, threw in the poison. Fountain Guard panics, calls Faldorn, she runs off. Some other druids attack and some Archdruid (i think) appears. Blabla he`s pissed because i didn`t just kill faldorn. I kill him. End of story. I think Faldorn disappeared ,i might have killed her but i think those druids were just her minions.

Is that the way it`s supposed to happen? And that evil solution won`t interfere with me solving the Dao Genies problems right? I want to shop in Trademeet later.

Btw druids really have become a pain in the ass since they all cast Insect Swarm. And they have spirit lions and bears, jeej.
Oh and I`m a lord now (anti-paladin seems to fall under fighter-stronghold) but Torgal was a real though cookie. Even had to pull out my wand of ressurection when i finally killed them all.

~King of Thieves~

Last edited by J on Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:36 pm
Minor Diety

I will reply to my own question here: yes you can shop.

BUT i found the evil path not worth taking. You get lesser experience, you get a shield from that other Lord, but it`s the same that you get for solving the Genie Quest. And the family quest with the tomb doesn`t occur. Oh AND prizes in the city are just crazy, if you`re the Hero of Trademeet you get much much better offers.

Since i wanted to see what happened in the Tomb (installed something that would spice up this encounter, so that the family heirloom was better protected) i edited a bit with shadowkeeper (could as well just loaded my savegame just before entering the druid grove but blah) and now i`m getting owned heavily by a lich :o

Conclusion: it was fun playing evil and poisoning the fountain, but the reward should have been better.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:46 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
yeah, you get so much for doing the right thing, the evil path just isn't smart even for evildoers imo.

although it is fun to kill everything, aye ox? :wink: hehe *remembers the sprint to kill the cows..*

Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:32 am
Minor Diety

Any comments on Windspear Hills playing evil?

I know you can side with Firkraag (do a quest for him), any good experience or items in that? Since i`ve installed Super Firkraag i won`t be able to even scratch him probably, so i can as well work for him. But is it worth it, or do you get the same pathetic reward?
I also wanted to have the Radiant Heart guys hunt me for killing the paladins, but even if you go directly to Firkraag`s lair Garren Windspear appears, says that his daughter has been kidnapped and that you`re safe for paladins since he thought i was an okay guy. So no paladins hunting you or what?

Most walkthroughs on the net seem to only cover the good path. Bah.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:25 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
no, even as an evil character i always whooped firkraags ass, so i can't tell you what you get.

surely though the xp and gold you get is always going to be more than the reward he gives you? even if your not that bothered about the holy avenger you'd still get a good price for it.

as for the paladins, just go to the radiant heart and go on a killing spree :twisted:

Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:02 am
Minor Diety

Can't you just do his quest and kill him?

Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:10 am
Minor Diety

Yeah well uhm .. Radiant Heart guys are already pretty dead :D

My plan was (as Arathorn suggests) do his quest instead of rescuing garren`s child. AND when i`m back from the underdark and really really strong i might try taking him on. I`ve read the description of Super Firkraag and i`m pretty sure i can`t take him on now, i can`t even beat a lich (or 6 vampires but that`s another embarrasing story).

I also think that the xp-reward and gold you get are lesser than you get for garren windspear, but i`m trying to follow an alternate path now. And Carsomyr isn`t something i dare dream about, seeing how though i expect Firkraag to be. Btw my Bhaalspawn is an Anti-Paladin, and one of his disadvantages is that he can`t use typical paladin-weapons. But he has some nice advantages instead:

ANTI-PALADIN: The Anti-Paladin has dedicated his life to finding and eliminating practicioners of good magic and defeating the forces of light, and his dark god has provided him with special abilities toward that end. Anti-Paladins take a special joy in inflicting pain and suffering.

Advantages:
- May use 'Dispel Magic' ability once per day per 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use): ability is used at speed factor 1 and acts at twice his actual level.
- May cast 'True Sight' once per day per 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use)
- Immune to Hold and Charm spells
- 'Dispel Magic' on every melee hit :o

Disadvantages:
- Basically none compared to a normal fighter.
- May not use standard paladin weapons like Holy Avengers
- May not Turn Undead
- May not cast Clerical spells
- Must be Evil

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:10 am
Minor Diety

Update on Firkraag: If you give him the deed of the land, you get a cloak of the shield, which is usually worthless but i have something installed that makes it an item with base AC 2 (so pretty cool for a mage or thief) AND more important you get about 40000 quest exp, so that`s per person. Pretty nice for playing evil i`d say. I just checked it by editing the deed in my savegame with shadowkeeper btw, not running around like a moron for nothing, wanted to be sure.

Btw i tried just for fun to place a trap and see what his reaction was. Contingency with 3 Horrid Wiltings .. 5 party members dead (main character lived because i placed him elsewhere as a precaution), he IS real badass.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:36 pm
Minor Diety

LOL @ contingency, hahaha. I didn't play much lately with the problems and all, so I haven't met him yet. :( Playing evil is pretty ok yeah...you just do it like always eh: do quest, get best reward out of it (if that means doing evil so be it) and then threaten until you get EVERYTHING...and kill 'em if they refuse. :)

The anti-paladin is pretty tough yeah, slightly overpowered even. But not to that amount that it'd falsify your achievements J-man, so no worries. It'll be cool to see my band of hotties (Sarah-Michelle, Joss, Shakira, Megyn, Gwen) rape the crap outta all those hardasses. :)

Btw J, do you know what the improved Abazigal fight is like? ;)

Some pics I took a while ago, but forgot to post

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:07 pm
Minor Diety

I`ve never seen Improved Abazigal no, but i remember you speaking about it, having to imprison 5 wyrmlings or something iirc. Amazingly difficult.

Funny thing about the Anti-Paladin is that i just picked him because it seemed cool (the title itself) and i hadn`t read his kit description attentively. So it was only after Irenicus` dungeon that i sometimes noticed `dispel magic` in my battle screen somewhere and that i found out this awesome feature. I`m working with halberd and spears btw, haven`t found much decent of them so far :(

*edit*
just got attacked by a pit fiend (liches have the annoying habit of summoning them), i suspect he has a poison-attack now, since i got 999 poison damage :? And yes i died :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:22 am
Minor Diety

Halberds and spears are underrated, you find some WHOOPASS ones later on. Dragon's breath pwnz u, and if you've got enough cash you can always buy the harmonium halberd from deirdre.

Don't get me started on Ixil's spike...you can pin ANYTHING with that thing, a.o. Melissan :twisted:

lol@ 999 poison damage...I guess now you're pretty bummed about not having your paladin spells anymore eh? ;)

- Coach

Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:38 am
Minor Diety

Buh paladin spells are pretty useless anyway, i do have the special ability true sight (seeing?) and dispel magic which are the ones you really need. My fighter/cleric can cast protection from evil, but it seems that liches have become smart and just dispel it .. sucks. I managed to kill my first lich, but had to reload since 4 people died and there still was pit fiend constantly turning invisible. So i couldn`t kill him, and i couldn`t resurrect anyone because he would immediately attack.

Doing the unseeing eye quest now, and i noticed there are some new `triggers`: if you pass a certain point enemies get teleported in, no need to say that it won`t be goblins attacking you :wink:

Oh i know you can get some great halberds and spears (mainly because your stories here about them), that`s why i picked them, but in the meantime i decided to give my new profs to 2-handed swords, so now i`m wielding Lilarcor and waiting for better weapons. Although if i remember correctly you get a nice 2-handed sword from those demon knights in the underdark as well. Keeping my options open.

Anyway i`m having fun with the improvements, although i have had unexpected troubles as well (remember the room with the undead in Windspear Hills, i just left them there because the vampires were just too much) and right now i`m going to run again and leave the bad guys where they are, just too difficult. :oops:

*little update*

Met any mindflayers/illithid yet? They have some extra abilities as well. Damn bastards sure became thougher. And damn golems can throw stuff now, what`s up with that?!
Cheesy tactics like cloudkill from distance and such have become nearly impossible often, some lich even teleported my whole party around him when i tried casting protection from evil out of his sight (while casting dispel magic thus removing my protection from his pit fiend).

BJ, Arathorn, anybody, you really should try it.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:04 am
Minor Diety

haha, that sounds about right, about the liches. :D But, in the end, the same tactic does the job: run up to it and hack away!! ;) With someone doing a true sight in the background, preferrably. (which is gonna be hard with nothing but bards, but bleh, i'll find some item)

They do nice work tweaking all those bastards eh? :twisted: Mind flayers and vampires are now actually fearsome, as they should be. Wait until you meet improved Bodhi...that's one of my favorites. It's very nicely done.

Here's some readme stuff about Bodhi ;)

"Well, her Level Draining ability goes through Stoneskin and she has the
THAC0 of a 25th level fighter, so she'll almost always hit. She drains 5
levels per hit. Unless you're an uber-god, this means that four hits will
kill you. She gets four attacks a round. So even though she only does 10
damage per hit, your 200 HP dwarven battlerager will still go down in one
round unless you do something about it."

BG2 rocks

- Coach

Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:15 am
Minor Diety

Mm that means i`ll have to learn some negative plane projection spells, must make a mental note of that. At first i thought i would side with Bodhi for a change, but i`m just allergic to backstabbing thiefs after irenicus` dungeon, and i really going to need the (upgraded) mace of disruption.

Thought i`d give you some stuff about the liches` best friend:

Pit Fiends (summoned by the never-used 9th level Wizard spell "Gate" and
rarely occuring "naturally" in places like the Watcher's Keep) get a
number of stat and attack bugfixes based on the monster manual. Notably
they regain their 50% cold resistance, their "genius-level" intelligence,
their lethal-poison and disease bite (no kidding huh, 999 damage is pretty lethal imo), improved invisibility, their six attacks per round, and their ability to gate in other pit fiends :shock:

~King of Thieves~

Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:22 am
Minor Diety

Hehe...I just ran into my first lich, attacked it, and got my ass handed to me. :) Did bring it down to badly injured with minute meteors and such, but then it killed the barbarian, summoned the bards around him and threw a horrid wilting or two on their heads->everybody dead. :roll: I'll be back for him.

I ditched one of my bards (the skald) cos I thought it was getting too easy. I'm thinking of ditching the jester as well, but I might still have need of her later on. What do you think? So far everything was a laugh, except for those é"é'§é(' gauths. ;)

I hate them, much tougher than a beholder. :/ Unseeing eye is a pussy in comparison with a band of 3-4 gauths. ;) Screen shows me and gauths

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next