It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PPG Infinity Engine Modlist 
Minor Diety

Better not try this mod myself... this is insane, I would get whacked at easy level.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:00 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
ready to roll now, re-installed and it looks good this time, weidu only mods.

i know it sounds mad but what the hell. should be good fun :D

Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:09 pm
Minor Diety

It's not mad....it's good for you. I'll give you your first sample for free. :)

- Coach

Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:03 am
Emperor

heh, first contact with the mods, deugar whoop ass mage and 3 hardass fighters were the goblins are after the ogre mage. minsc lasts 2 secs after a power word kill (i think), jaheria takes a confusion and goes running off, followed by 2 of the fighters. my chr (elf fight/mage) and imoen manage to take the damn mage out but imoen buys it when the other fighter takes her out.

my chr kills him, then goes looking for jaheria, who is dead by now, manages to take out one of the two but then buys it also.

game over. :roll: hehe

first things taht hit home:

1) build your own band, about 4-5 of, with one slot left for an NPC. at least 2 badass meat shields, probably either dwarf or half orc barb, prob one good cleric, with maybe 2 mages. get the feeling gonna need a lot of magic firepower. maybe one pure bard..

2) multi class characters probably get whacked big time, thinhk i'll stick with the pure class chr..

3)edge of fog of war web/fireball tactics + hit and run is gonna be used quite a lot :wink:

Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:19 am
Minor Diety

Hahaha, way to go BJ. ;) Did you know that a duergar mage+proletariat will spawn each time you rest in Irenicus place, too? :twisted:

I did it solo with a dwarven barbarian, but that's when you could still close doors. Not sure how I would have done it in this version of the mod. Cos like you said, magic users are very useful here...a well-placed MM/haste is a huge boon. And don't forget Spook. That will very easily dispatch of spellcasters. (screws up their scripts partially)

Also, since you have a cleric: sanctuary is the 1337 pwn.

- Coach

Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:53 am
Minor Diety

It`s true, i only had one mage to cast spells, and i often wanted to start over to build a new party. I actually feel my party sucks, but i`ll prolly want to make adjustments to a new party as well. Need to do the harper quest so i can ditch jaheira and pick up edwin. 2 spellcasters could make my life much easier. If i trade one of my thiefs for a bard or something it will prolly go easier as well.

Let me know how you killed the Neophyte Glabrezu if you meet him btw.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:06 am
Emperor

actually i also hit the bitch with a spook but he seemed to shrug it off :?

oh well, i'll let you know how i do later. :)

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:10 am
Emperor

nuts, having troble with the settup. created 4 chr, set them to be controlled by me, but there are 2 slots left and in won't let me continue :? do you really need to create 6 or am i doing something wrong?

Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:00 am
Minor Diety

You`re prolly doing something wrong. Have you clicked the V next to the characters you created?

~King of Thieves~

Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:01 am
Emperor

You`re prolly doing something wrong. Have you clicked the V next to the characters you created?

erm...nope :roll: :oops:

man, this is twisted, took out the 2 dwarf fighters and 2 mages, noone dead but with injuries, went up the corridor to the golem room and another mage and fighter are hiding just in front of the door!! son of a bitch!!

and on top of that the usual goblin groups are ALL mages/fighters. :shock: this game is tough enough without being able to rest due to those bitches turning up.

knew it would be tough but jesus...

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:09 pm
Minor Diety

Mages/fighters huh, seems you have some other mod installed, or maybe it`s a level/party thing, my goblins all got replaced by rune assassins. Nightmares these bitches have given me aaaaaaah. I think i`d prefer those mages and fighters anytime. Although without any normal protection-dispelling spell those mages were though cookies indeed.

But trust me you do NOT want to run into rune assassins.

I refer to ox his saying earlier: wait untill you meet Ilyich and friends :twisted:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:19 pm
Emperor

trouble is, all those fighters and mages have pretty high magic resistance :roll:

i've got ascension, redemption, tactics, tashia and solaufein installed, so i don't know which mod is creating the dwarves. any idea ox?

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:49 pm
Minor Diety

I think it is tactics, the newest version...last time I played tactics it alsostill had rune assassins, it's only this time that I got the duergar. I gues they figured it made more sense for other duergar to be dwelling in Irenicus place (under command of Illyich) than rune assassins. :)

I don't know you ended up with rune assassins tho J...maybe you installed an earlier version, or maybe a part of another mod overrode the new tactics part. (some of the mods overlap somewhat)

In any case, it's still hard. :D I would rate the newest version harder because you can't close doors once you've opened them, but that's often not such a big problem. You have to lure them out one by one anyway eh. :)

- Coach

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:43 am
Emperor

i can accept the dwarves, its just the lack of resting that sucks :?

oh well, better just get on with it. :)

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:06 am
Minor Diety

I`d suggest to rest in the room with the 2 golems, when i rested there it seemed that the duergar couldn`t find me and i ran into them some place else. So i had time to heal, prepare, run away .. if i wanted.

Yeah it seems i have an older version, weird. I would think the difference in enemies could be due to 3 of my guys coming from bg1+Totsc so they`re lvl 9 or something. But i can still close doors. Which is obviously a very good thing. So prolly indeed another version. Strange.

Oh BJ i forgot: HAHA @ forgetting to click the V to start the multiplayer session ;-)

~King of Thieves~

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next